Princess Beatrice turns 18- All Articles Here!

Started by Jenee, July 14, 2006, 01:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stix Chix

^ i think her large eyes and clear skin give her the porcelain doll look.  :happy:  and the big dress helps. ;)

Bea does have the niceset.....and best made!.....dress in the picture.  i'd better b if it really cost $10,000! :happy:  it's a more contemporary take on Victorian fashion i think.   

the Southern Belle look and 1888 Victorian r a bit different.  earlier Victorian English fashions actually have more i common with the Southern Belle look (which is mostly popularized by the 1940 movie based on the novel which was based on 1860s events! ;)).  like the giant skirt, loads of flesh, corset.  by 1888 English fashion had gotten really conservative.  and the skirts weren't as big anymore.  have i bored u yet? :blush:

i'm sure most of the costumes at Bea's party would have caused a scandal back then! :laugh:

Harryite #0004

Elizabeth

Quote from: guysguy on July 16, 2006, 12:15:35 AM
they don't want to party with a bunch of 17/18 and 19 year olds

Why?  :shrug:
'This may not be the best times but it is the time we do live in' (Schopenhauer)
'let freedom ring' (M.L. King)

Jenee

I agree... the age difference is too large! I had to go to my cousin's 16th birthday party and it was horrible :brainwashed: :lol: The difference is though... I still went.

Like I said before, I think they should have gone to dinner and then ducked out. Family is family.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

riley

I think the dress were gorgeous. They were not period-accurate. They're portraying the European/American style of the early 1900s (really around 1920/1930)....which is synonymous with Gone With The Wind. True late 1800s fashion looks more like this: http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/serv_prod/friends/images/book-respondingtofashion2.jpg

I have better images in my history of costume book, but I don't have a scanner. But with the inaccuracy aside, I rather like the gowns chosen by Bea, her sister and her mother. I loved Bea's immensely...and yes it is a bit Indian inspired, but that's okay. I think everyone looked amazing. And it's understandable for her grandparents to not attend, most older folks don't like hanging out with teenagers who aren't their relations...different generations, different mindframes. Cheers.
"Nobody can make you feel inferior with out your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wanna be so close to Heaven I see Angels..."~Sugarland

Elizabeth

I think it really depends on the person and not on the age. And honestly William and Harry and their set of friends are not always acting according to their ages when they party.  <_<
'This may not be the best times but it is the time we do live in' (Schopenhauer)
'let freedom ring' (M.L. King)

lizzie2106

Beatrice comes of age
Happy birthday Bea  :thumbsup: :dance: :yes: :discocool: :partytime: :bday:

Go Zara!! :thumbsup: :woo:

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

riley

HAPPY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY BEA!!!!

I wish her all the best in the world and I hope she uses her status to make a difference in the world. Cheers.
"Nobody can make you feel inferior with out your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wanna be so close to Heaven I see Angels..."~Sugarland