Royals Throughout History- Picture Thread

Started by Jenee, February 14, 2006, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Grand Duchess Anastasia of Russia   
Pin by A.N.Z. on OTMAA-Romanov | Grand duchess olga, Imperial russia, Romanov sisters   

:xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :curtsy: :curtsy: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4:

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

1830 Portrait of Napoleon II of France     
Napoleon II of France Napol?on Fran?ois Joseph Charles Bonaparte,... News Photo - Getty Images   

:french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french:

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Queen Wilhelmina and Prince Hendrik of The Netherlands on horseback   
Mary Evans Wilhelmina 10918173

Nightowl

That is a very handsome man and the picture shows his kindness from his expression.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on May 14, 2023, 09:46:33 PM

Poor King Carlos was later assassinated. Queen Victoria no doubt like the Portuguese monarch as well because he had Saxe Coburg Gotha connections and was related to both the dead Prince Albert and herself.

LouisFerdinand

Were any of Queen Victoria's granddaughters considered as a possible spouse for King Carlos I?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on May 15, 2023, 10:18:30 PM
Were any of Queen Victoria's granddaughters considered as a possible spouse for King Carlos I?

I know Viktoria, the daughter of Friedrich and Vicky, Crown Prince and Princess of Prussia, was proposed as a possible wife for Carlos but because Bismarck was behind it I don?t think her parents were enthusiastic. I don?t believe it got as far as a formal proposal from Carlos. Viktoria was the one who pined for years over her lost love Alexander (Battenberg) of Bulgaria. Religious questions would have proved another barrier.

LouisFerdinand

Emperor Wilhelm I of Germany in the uniform of the First Regiment of Foot Guards   
Pin on Products   

:mil5: :mil5: :mil5: :mil5: :mil5: :mil5: :mil5: :mil3: :mil3: :mil3: :mil3: :mil3: :mil3:

LouisFerdinand

Infanta Eulalia of Spain with Prince Alvaro   
Pin on Art

PrincessOfPeace

^^^

Grand Duke Dimitri was a first cousin of Prince Philip

wannable

A documentary hosted by Professor Kate William dedicated solely about ''Christmas at Sandringham'' since the first one 1862 Queen Victoria to 2023 King Charles III.

Sandringham: The King At Christmas, Saturday, 8.25pm, Channel 5.

Sandringham has been a feature of royal life since 1862 when Queen Victoria bought the estate as a gift for her son, the future Edward VII, who was turning 21 that year and was soon to marry. It was during Victoria's reign that Christmas evolved into the festival we know today, sparked by an 1848 newspaper image of the Queen, Prince Albert and their children standing round a Christmas tree.

'The public loved it, and the modern Christmas was born,' says historian Professor Kate Williams, who features in the documentary.