Princess Royal: Save the Children's annual Festival of Trees

Started by Wombat, December 06, 2005, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wombat

Princess Royal: Save the Children's annual Festival of Trees ~ British Monarchy Media Centre (BP)

QuoteThe Princess Royal, President of Save the Children, will attend one of the charity's biggest fundraising events of the year at the Natural History Museum.

Jenee

The Royalist

QuoteTruth be told, Anne is more at home carrying out the more gritty side of royal work and would much prefer to don jeans and a t-shirt than the kind of designer label she wore last night. Even her father, Prince Philip - to whom she is incredibly close - has admitted that his daughter doesn't really 'do' glamour and is much more comfortable on, and interested in, horses rather than people. As he unforgettably quipped about his only daughter: "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested!".

QuoteHave no doubt about it, Anne will - unlike her sometimes self-pitying brother Charles - unquestioningly and without complaint step forward and put her heart and soul into whatever is demanded of her.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Wombat

That last quote is so true.  I really respect Princess Anne.  I once saw a doco on her and she won me over with her down to earth nature.   :D

I mean she's not a touchy feely Diana type but she does work so hard.  In the doco she was in Africa for Save The Children and she was tireless in the way she went from place to place and she really listened to everyone..she didn't do the hold a disable child thing for the cameras but she really took eveything in and I'm sure that it helped her raise awareness and money for that charity. On another trip a journo said that they could barely keep up with her..she walked for miles and they got so tired some of them had to stop but she kept going. :)

I sometimes think she would be a better monarch then Charles. :closedeyes:

Jenee

women rule!! :)

seriously though, I have heard stuff like that about her a lot- that she is very hard working and down to earth and really takes her position seriously. she was obviously very well raised :)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore