Main Menu

Anyone else get this bug?

Started by chavita, January 02, 2013, 07:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chavita

When I click on "Unread posts since last visit", sometimes it only displays a very short list of topics, and other times no topics at all, even though I know there are so many I still haven't read. When I click on Home I can see there are boards with new topics, but these are not shown in this "unread posts" list.

Anyone else get this?
Harryite #0009

cinrit

When I first read this earlier, my answer was "no".  But a few minutes ago .... yes.  I've just read three new posts that were not listed on the "Show unread posts...." list.  In fact, only one post was shown on the list, and I know there are others.  Strange....

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jenee

If you click it while inside a board (like "off topic" for example) it will only show you unread posts from that board. If you want all unread posts on the forum, you have to click it while viewing the main board index :)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

^^ That's where I clicked it.  It's working fine this morning, though.

Cindy

Windsor

Please do let us know if this happens again.

Macrobug

The spell check is doing some weird weird things today.
GNU Terry Pratchett

chavita

Quote from: Jenee on January 03, 2013, 11:57:21 AM
If you click it while inside a board (like "off topic" for example) it will only show you unread posts from that board. If you want all unread posts on the forum, you have to click it while viewing the main board index :)

That's odd... I could swear I was looking at the main Index before I clicked on Unread posts... :hmm: I even went back and forth... I clicked on unread posts, then clicked home, then unread posts again. Am I doing something wrong?
Harryite #0009

Jenee

How so?  My browser has a built in spell check so I don't use the forum's. Perhaps Windsor changed it to French :P

Also... are you clicking the "new" icon on boards, or the link at the very top of the board under "Welcome, name" ?

Double post auto-merged: January 03, 2013, 03:47:05 PM

I guess I'm asking WHERE are you clicking ... because there are so many links that say "unread posts" on the main index page!! The one at the very tip top of the forum should give you ALL unread posts across the board. (It works for me).

cinrit

Jenee, now that you describe it, I was clicking on "Show unread posts...." from inside a section.  But I've always done it that way.  It didn't occur to me to go back to the main screen.  I think I'll do it like that from now on.  Thanks!

Cindy

chavita

I was clicking on the very top one at the right corner... It wasn't showing me all the new posts.
Harryite #0009

Jenee

Where you in the main board (royalinsight.net/forum) or inside a board?