Main Menu

News Updates

Started by Windsor, June 14, 2012, 01:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

A new feature has been added to the site to replace the old news bar. We hope this new feature will keep our users up-to-date with all the Royal news, gossip, etc... We also hope to promote new threads and highlight news-worthy posts.

To view the latest content, just hover/click on the new icon on the top-right hand corner of the forum.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Princesse Grace

The new icon is so nice :clap:.

Queen of Rain

Diamonds

I like this a lot better than the old version!

Jenee

Squirrel

I think it's great to have the news feature but every time I move my cursor into even just the right area of my screen (even if it's not near the icon), this news thing pops open, which is pretty annoying.  :mad7: :no:

Is it just my computer that does that or does anyone else have the same problem?
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Orchid

I experience the same, Squirrel.  It is very annoying :hug: :hug:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Windsor

Only if I hover my mouse over the icon does the whole news feed appear...  :shrug:

Diamonds

The same thing happens to me Windsor. I guess it works differently for everyone!

Sandra Dee

Quote from: Windsor on June 30, 2012, 02:35:08 PM
Only if I hover my mouse over the icon does the whole news feed appear...  :shrug:
Me too. Diamonds, Orchid, what browser do you both use?

Diamonds

WOW

Squirrel

I usually use Google Chrome, that's when I have the problem with the news feed.

But I just tried and it works fine when I use Safari instead!, So might have to use that for the forum, for now!  :thumbsup:
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Windsor

I have switched to Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer and it seems to work as it should. Only appear when you hover over the Crown icon.

Sandra Dee

It starts rolling out about 2 cm below the icon, but it works fine for me on all 3 broswsers too.

Jenee

I am looking into having the news box stick at the top of the forum, rather then following you as you scroll. So far, no response from the developer yet tho!

Squirrel

Quote from: Jenee on July 01, 2012, 09:31:37 PM
I am looking into having the news box stick at the top of the forum, rather then following you as you scroll. So far, no response from the developer yet tho!
:clap: That would be great, hope it works!