RE: 2012 Olympic Articles

Started by NotWaitieKatie, June 28, 2012, 03:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotWaitieKatie

Mods,   RE: William and Kate 2012 Olympic Articles

With the Olympics approaching and more articles and pictures to come, can we get this topic moved up to the top of the board (Like the Jubilee ones)? Or a new one made for all articles? That way we don't have several threads in several boards. :)
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

memememe

Are we going to have one thread for say royals at the Olympics and one for the Olympics in general or just one thread that has the events and the royals all mixed up???

NotWaitieKatie

This is a site for royalty, mostly. I was just looking for something and couldn't remember if it was under Harry or Will/Kate and thought there will be a lot more stories coming soon.

memememe

I am aware that this is a site for royalty but sometimes threads are started on other issues as well e.g. Euro 2012 or the Olympics so I am suggesting two threads - one for the sports for those of us who are interested while there is a separate thread for the royals who are attending the different events - so that the discussion about what they are wearing etc isn't confused with the events and who is doing well.

I also think a totally different thread might be an idea for the Three Day Event as that will overlap both - Zara competing and many royals no doubt attending.

NotWaitieKatie

OH no, I wasn't suggesting you didn't know where you were.  :flower: I was kind of thinking out loud and didn't type it all down. You brought a very good point up, with Zara, and just who shows up where, and of course the Team GB Ambassadors Harry & Will/Kate.

memememe

And other royals e.g. will Mary only go to events with Danish competitors or will she also turn up when Australians are doing well and cheer on the Aussies?

There could be a number of different threads but I would like to see some order and I am sure the mods will get together over the next month and work it out so that we don't have people discussing things all over the place making their jobs that much harder.

Orchid

Thanks for raising the issue. We'll certainly be discussing the best way of managing all related articles over the coming weeks.  We'll keep you posted in this thread!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil