Videos: Harry - The Mysterious Prince Documentary

Started by easydoesit, January 02, 2010, 12:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easydoesit

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Ursula

thank you for posting these videos, easydoesit!  I thought is was a fair documentary.     

Lindelle

I just finished watching it too.
I still felt that they are solely blaming Charles.

Ursula

Okay Lindelle, we'll have to agree to disagree on this subject.  ;) 

I agreed with two major points - that he has spent a lot of time on "other issues" and that his approach to parenting is rather relaxed.  Someone even commented that he's said something along the lines of as long as everything runs smoothly.  He may have been a better father to his sons than PP was to him, but I honestly believe he could have done more, especially after Diana died.   

Lindelle

Hmmmmmmmmm, ok. we'll agree to disagree.

But imo PC most likely knows how to respond to the boys publicly and behind closed doors.
That sounds rough doesn't it? :blush:

drezzle

That does sound rough.  I doubt if Prince Charles throws things at his sons when he gets upset with them.  ;)  Somewhere I got the impression PC is more worried about his sons being upset with him than vice versa. 
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Lindelle

Ursula

Quote from: drezzle on January 02, 2010, 04:07:21 AM
That does sound rough.  I doubt if Prince Charles throws things at his sons when he gets upset with them.  ;)  Somewhere I got the impression PC is more worried about his sons being upset with him than vice versa. 
Interesting point and I won't argue with you.  There may be a lot of truth in that.  But wouldn't that explain the relaxed approach to parenting - not reigning Harry in when he needed to do so?  Perhaps it's a combination of guilt and not wanting to be a "meany" - I don't know and I'm not suggesting that makes him a terrible parent, but I do believe he hasn't been as effective and hands-on as he should have been.  As with many things in his life, Charles may continue to ponder long after he should have acted.       

easydoesit

I've heard that story before that Charles at one point focused more on Camilla and his engagement than on his sons but I've also heard several times that he has many PR guys and spin doctors so why would Charles himself have to have to this single minded focus when he has a team of people to do that? 

I've noticed something in the documentary. Recall the part when they were talking about how Harry can sometimes act at Polo matches, cursing and such? They showed a clip of Harry falling off his horse and him stomping over to the sidelines. Charles came over and said something to him and Harry said something and walked away. I think Charles just can't handle Harry he doesn't listen to his father like William probably does. He's more rambunctious and intent on doing what he wants.  They said in the documentary that Prince Andrew was kind of the same way until he, like Harry, joined the army.  I wonder if the situation is more similar to the other brothers: Prince Charles and Andrew?  Like Andrew, Harry even has his own Fergie i.e Chelsy.  :D

Ursula

easydoesit, Camilla requires a lot more spinning than even we can appreciate.   :laundry: :laundry: :laundry:  

As for your Andrew/Fergie and Harry/Chelsy comment, well...........  :hehe:  

drezzle

Quote from: Ursula on January 02, 2010, 01:25:50 PM
easydoesit, Camilla requires a lot more spinning than even we can appreciate.   :laundry: :laundry: :laundry:  

Three cycles through the washing machine instead of the usual one.   :D
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Ursula

Quote from: drezzle on January 02, 2010, 02:10:04 PM
Quote from: Ursula on January 02, 2010, 01:25:50 PM
easydoesit, Camilla requires a lot more spinning than even we can appreciate.   :laundry: :laundry: :laundry: 

Three cycles through the washing machine instead of the usual one.   :D

Actually, I ran out of quarters.  :lmao2:

Kate

Wonderful program on Prince Harry.. To me it only confirms all I've thought about him... The abrupt loss of his Mother  at a young age and more..
This explains much about relationship as well between the brothers....
Thank :thumbsup:s, Easydoesit...

Ursula

.....yes and it also confirms what some of us have been saying about him hanging out with the wrong crowd and being easily influenced by them. 

He's not a bad guy and I feel sorry for him - he needs more/better direction in his life and I hope he's on his way.   :) 

Stix Chix

i'm glad to have finally seen the whole thing! :yesss:  but it does make me wish even more that someone would upload the more recent documentary of him.  its amazing how much has happened in his life since 2005. :happy:

Harryite #0004

easydoesit

Lindelle

Quote from: easydoesit on January 02, 2010, 01:12:15 PM
I've heard that story before that Charles at one point focused more on Camilla and his engagement than on his sons but I've also heard several times that he has many PR guys and spin doctors so why would Charles himself have to have to this single minded focus when he has a team of people to do that? 

I've noticed something in the documentary. Recall the part when they were talking about how Harry can sometimes act at Polo matches, cursing and such? They showed a clip of Harry falling off his horse and him stomping over to the sidelines. Charles came over and said something to him and Harry said something and walked away. I think Charles just can't handle Harry he doesn't listen to his father like William probably does. He's more rambunctious and intent on doing what he wants.  They said in the documentary that Prince Andrew was kind of the same way until he, like Harry, joined the army.  I wonder if the situation is more similar to the other brothers: Prince Charles and Andrew?  Like Andrew, Harry even has his own Fergie i.e Chelsy.  :D
It's the red hair tantrum. Believe me I know, I have one. As I've said in previous posts-not only does my youngest look like Harry, bu now I know he acts like him too. This is probably why I can relate to PC. Sometimes, rather than make a fool out yourself, you deal with it when you get home. Little cherubs-not!

Lindelle

Also, Harry is in the Army, my redhead is going. Discipline there will definately sort them out!!!!

Stix Chix

Quote from: easydoesit on January 03, 2010, 12:34:51 AM
^What more recent documentary?
i've never seen it but it came out in 2008.  it was put together by the Biography Channel or History International.  we were talking about it in the Random Harry thread earlier this year. :happy:

Harryite #0004

Lindelle

Quote from: Lindelle on January 02, 2010, 03:15:54 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm, ok. we'll agree to disagree.

But imo PC most likely knows how to respond to the boys publicly and behind closed doors.
That sounds rough doesn't it? :blush:
Quote from: drezzle on January 02, 2010, 04:07:21 AM
I should clarify - maybe PC responds more fatherly behind closed doors. Watched a show of the 3 of them, please don't ask where to find this one- it was a year or two after Diana died. Pc had the boys at Highgrove and it surprised me then of how affectionate he was with the boys. Roughing, tumbling, playing and generally just being three normal guys having fun. PC's staff and friends said that this was how it always and is when he's with them.

Now the boys are older you don't see that kind of stuff obviously. What you do see is one frustrated parent trying to see how it happened. It's called 'parenting'. Your always going to be wondering and asking yourself if you've done the right thing or maybe i should have done this, this or that. I still feel sorry for PC in this harsh light of him being an uncaring parent.

drezzle

One thing is clear, Wills and Harry have shown more support and affection for their father than Charles ever showed for his father.

easydoesit

Quote from: Stix Chix on January 03, 2010, 09:09:15 PM
i've never seen it but it came out in 2008.  it was put together by the Biography Channel or History International.  we were talking about it in the Random Harry thread earlier this year. :happy:

Oh yeah I want to see that one too.