Royal Users

Started by Kuei Fei, July 28, 2008, 05:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuei Fei

These days it seems as if the world's royals are into using wealthy people to go on free vacations and enjoy cruises. It's as if to a certain extent they don't care who they are or what their reputation is as long as that person offers them something they want.

I see this as the reason the royals are getting such bad press.

Windsor

Mairead27

Maybe its the other way around - those people using royals to make themselves look good? :

Jenee

I also think that it has a lot to do with the Royals just having a lot of acquaintances who are wealthy. That's the circle they run in. I read an article about Kate that mentioned Kate and William vacationed at someone's place in the Caribbean and instead of paying for it, they made a donation to a local hospital. :shrug:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Windsor

Princess Diana was about the only 'royal' to go about this practice of using wealthy friends... I cannot think of any other British royal doing this, normally as Jen said, wealthy friends insist on having their royal friends use their homes, yatchs, etc to make them look good and therefore 'go up' in society... :whoopdeedoo:

QueenK

Quote from: Mairead27 on July 28, 2008, 07:51:07 PM
Maybe its the other way around - those people using royals to make themselves look good? :

What comes around, goes around.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

wheet

Quote from: Windsor on July 30, 2008, 03:44:05 PM
Princess Diana was about the only 'royal' to go about this practice of using wealthy friends... I cannot think of any other British royal doing this, normally as Jen said, wealthy friends insist on having their royal friends use their homes, yatchs, etc to make them look good and therefore 'go up' in society... :whoopdeedoo: 
I am confused about the difference.

Jenee, I believe the rest of the story (Belle Robinson's interview) is that Kate agreed to give the Robinson's company free publicity.   After that she asked for that superflexible job with the Jigsaw.

Jenee

Kate is not a Royal. William didn't do any of that.

Jenee

Exactly, that was my point; William, the only royal in this situation, used the Villa, made a contribution to the hospital and was done with it. Kate doesn't have the class (IMO!) to know enough to leave it at that!

alastair_r2008

Have deposed and minor Royals always got jobs and social life by using their title. I don't see this as worse than someone using their looks or celebrity to get a job or an invitation .

Hale

I don't know the answer to that one, but I say use what you have.

Scarlet Flowers

Quote from: Mairead27 on July 28, 2008, 07:51:07 PM

It does appear to be reversed.  Any small mention and all of a sudden they're your best friend.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.