Second child for Lord Nicholas Windsor

Started by EmpressofIndia, September 11, 2009, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmpressofIndia

From Richard Kay's Daily Mail column:
QuoteA Windsor tot
Almost two years after the birth of their first child, the Duchess of Kent's son Lord Nicholas Windsor and his wife Paola are celebrating the arrival of a second son.
The baby was born at Chelsea And Westminster Hospital on Tuesday  -  an auspicious day for his deeply Catholic parents, who married at the Vatican, for it was the feast day of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The so far unnamed baby will be 26th in line to the throne  -  but only until he is baptised, as upon becoming a Catholic he will forfeit his royal succession (as his father did when he converted to Catholicism).

Trudie

I have to say congratulations are in order. I still remember Lord Nicholas as one of the cute pageboys at the Wedding of Charles and Diana.

whisperofsound

Welcome All New and Old Today and Everyday

fawbert

A second "Master Windsor" to further secure the Kent dukedom.

-==-
Fawbert

Lucy

Bravo!!  :) Am very fond of the Duchess and her brood.

DIANISTA # 1

Trudie

Quote from: fawbert on September 13, 2009, 02:12:25 PM

-==-

Fawbs this is also a question I thought of in a post by FF in a Diana thread. After the present Duke of Kent passes will the next Duke of Kent be styled as HRH and addressed as such or would he be addressed as Your Grace. As I have noted above that the new baby is Master and his father is a Lord?

Jonquil

In 1917 George V established the House of Windsor, he also abolished foreign titles for British nationals, so the Battenbergs became Mountbattens.

He also issued Letters Patent that the HRH would go as far as a grandchild of a monarch and only in the male line. The current Duke of Kent is a grandson of George V so he's a HRH, his son isn't so when his son succeeds he will be Duke of Kent but no HRH. The Kent dukedom has 2 subsidary titles, the Earl of St Andrews and Baron Downpatrick, the eldest son gets the first and his eldest son gets the son. The Duke's younger son (s) are Lords and they have no title to pass onto children so Master Windsor.

In 1948 when Princess Elizabeth was pregnant with her first child George VI passed Letters Patent that her children would be HRH (since she was of the female line an not entitled to it) Had GVI not done this Charles would have been just Earl Monteith (DoE's subsidary title) and Anne, Lady Anne Mountbatten and they would have only got their HRH and prince/ess titles when their mother became the monarch.

Quote from: Trudie on September 15, 2009, 10:56:48 AM
Quote from: fawbert on September 13, 2009, 02:12:25 PM

-==-

Fawbs this is also a question I thought of in a post by FF in a Diana thread. After the present Duke of Kent passes will the next Duke of Kent be styled as HRH and addressed as such or would he be addressed as Your Grace. As I have noted above that the new baby is Master and his father is a Lord?

fawbert

George St Andrews, and his cousin Alexander, Earl of Ulster, will become non-royal dukes and be styled "His Grace".
Fawbert

Trudie

Thats what I thought but I didn't want to voice it for fear of a certain couple who take great delight in saying we were wrong. Thanks again Fawbs for extending your vast knowledge I can always count on you to teach us regarding titles and how one should address the holder. What a shame that the Kent Dukdom will be non royal in the future as Queen Victoria was a daughter of a Duke of Kent.  :thanks: :flower:

fawbert

According to a poster here, young Master Windsor is to be named _Leopold Ernest Augustus Guelph_

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/peerage-news?hl=en

Very Hanoverian! :)
Fawbert

Trudie

Fawbert wasn't Guelph at one time a surname within the RF?