Leonor's first school day

Started by marine2109, September 15, 2008, 09:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marine2109

QuoteSpanish Crown Prince Felipe de Borbon and his wife Princess Letizia accompany their older daughter Princess Leonor to her first day at Santa Maria de los Rosales school in Aravaca village, outside Madrid, Spain, 15 September 2008. Prince Felipe studied at the same school when he was young.

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/galeria-de-imagenes.html?imagen=/casasreales/2008/09/15/leonor-colegio/imgs/letizia-1a.jpg&publi=&nactual=0&nnumeroactual=9&nfotos=8&subseccion=noticias-casasreales

marine2109

Rhiannon*

She's adorable! She looks so much like Sophia too.

Ladybee

She is a very cute little girl. And I'm certain her little sister Sofia will be one too! :wub2:

Sidney

Do you know how much money this school costs? 650â,¬ per month. That's somebody's salary in Spain. Not to mention the wall of bricks they have built there, the silence clause that everyone in that school has had to sign (teachers and parents alike), and so on. While Spain is enduring very serious financial difficulties, these two keep on living as if they didn't know (and then, to top it all off, Letizia goes and has nose surgery). That's obscene. As for the child... she's just a normal little girl, not a stunning beauty.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Rhiannon*

???

No one said Leonor was a stunning beauty, but most kids are quite cute at that age, even if one hates their parents. And if they're using their own money, then its up to Felipe and Letizia on where they send their kids. Should they donate everything they have and become beggars on the street?

serene grace

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Sidney

Quote from: Rhiannon* on September 16, 2008, 01:50:50 AM
???

And if they're using their own money, then its up to Felipe and Letizia on where they send their kids. Should they donate everything they have and become beggars on the street?

THEIR money? Please! They don't even have a salary: our king gives them money every month so that they can get by (just as if they were a couple of lazy teenagers). And, to begin with, it's OUR money. We are the ones who are financing their life style.  And then people go and say our president spends too much money but, at the same time, they are delighted to pay for this couple's whims. Become beggars? No, they should WORK and stop insulting us with their obscene ostentation. Zapatero is my president: he is the one who represents me as a Spanish citizen. Not these two.

Rhiannon*

^ So I take it you do not want a monarchy in Spain then...

Sidney

Up until now I had never really cared about them. I have grown up with a constitutional monarchy and that has always been just fine for me (because it's the only thing I have known and because as a kid and as a teenager I had other things in mind; I never really cared about the real meaning of it all). I don't dislike Juan Carlos and Sofía: I think they have played their role in our country's history and, so far, I don't complain about them since (more or less) they were chosen by the Spanish citizens a long time ago. But TODAY monarchy seems useless to me. And, to be honest, I am against cradle privileges and things coming to you because of who you are and because of the blood that's running through your veins. Thins are earned, not deserved. And yes: I started to dislike monarchy since the arrival of Letizia. I think she is the beginning of the end.

princessealiénor

^ Why do you see her as the beginning of the end Sidney?

Sidney

I think so because, since she arrived, people have been more critical about the Monarchy. All of a sudden, people who didn't particularly care about it have positioned themselves either against it or in favour of it. But the truth is that our Royal Family has had to endure really difficult times since she arrived: specially bad press. A lot of people (not everybody, of course, but a lot) think of Letizia as a climber, a new rich who abuses her position, an arrogant woman full of herself and so on. I mean: yes, wherever she goes she's got people telling her how magnificient she is and how much they love her but there are also lots of people who don't like her and who think that she is an unnecessary figure. But what's important here is that the incongruities of this institution have become more evident right now since they have been more exposed than ever since she arrived. That's just my opinion: maybe I'm wrong. But that's what a lot of people think: that she will be the one to end the Monarchy. Juan Carlos himself warned Felipe about this when he told his parents that she was going to marry Letizia: "You are going to kill the Monarchy".

Cassidy

Please stay on topic and take random chat to the Random Chat thread.

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[