QUEEN IN COSTUME FOR EXOTIC BLOWOUT

Started by FetchingHag, June 21, 2003, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FetchingHag

THE Queen is agonising over what to wear to Prince William's Out of Africa 21st birthday.

The Prince yesterday revealed HRH may go to the fancy dress party as the 'African Queen' but cannot decide.

William said: "My grandmother may be slightly apprehensive as to what she's going to wear, and what's going to happen, but she's very much looking forward to it.

"I thought it would be quite fun to see the family out of black tie and get everyone to dress up."

The party will transform Windsor Castle at a cost of ?500,000.

The centrepiece will be two huge Moroccan tents filled with hundreds of flickering candles and lanterns.

The bottle green and deep maroon marquees are being put up in the grounds of Windsor and staff have ordered huge quantities of booze including Indian Tiger beer, Red Bull, Cran-berry juice for vodka cocktails and alcopops.

Arrangements for the party are such a closely guarded secret staff refer to it by its codename: Mark @ Windsor.

William's coming-of-age celebrations were revealed to us last night.

A source working on the project said: "It really will be quite amazing. I don't think there's ever been anything quite like it in Windsor Castle.

"It will be like Arabian Knights - only more exotic. It is hoped the weather will be good and everyone will want to be outside, not in the stuffy confines of the castle."

Prince Charles is footing the entire bill, and the party source added: "Everything has been flown over from Morocco or North Africa.

"The furniture alone is costing a quarter of a million - that's before the cork on the first bottle of bubbly has popped."

Inspired by Will's love of Africa the 300 guests will be treated to African scenes, and entertained by a DJ and a six-piece Botswana marimba band.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which