William joins QEII at Balmoral

Started by TLLK, September 22, 2019, 02:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Prince William makes SURPRISE appearance in Balmoral while Kate Middleton stays at home | HELLO!

Prince William delighted royal fans on Sunday after making a surprise appearance in Balmoral. The royal was pictured attending the weekly church service in the nearby town of Crathie Kirk with his grandmother, the Queen. The Duchess of Cambridge and their three children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis were thought to have stayed at home, although it is unsure whether they joined William on his trip to Scotland. Over the summer, the royal family has taken it in turns to go and visit the Queen and Prince Philip during their three-month stay in Balmoral. Prince Andrew was up there last week, and Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall - who joined William and the monarch at the Sunday service - have also been spending a lot of time there.

Blue Clover

Nice to see the Queen looking so well!

Princess Cassandra

I wonder if there is meaning and Andrew, Charles and William going up for more than one visit. We follow them, but we don't really know much of anything that goes on behind the scenes. On another note, I hope the Queen is having a very relaxing and lovely holiday.

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 22, 2019, 09:38:37 PM
I wonder if there is meaning and Andrew, Charles and William going up for more than one visit. We follow them, but we don't really know much of anything that goes on behind the scenes. On another note, I hope the Queen is having a very relaxing and lovely holiday.
Possibly with al the political stuff, they felt it was better to go and see her, then leave her free to attned ot the politicans and then go back again for another break

Curryong

Charles stays at Birkhall though, which is his home some miles away in August/September, though he doesn't stay as long in Scotland as the Queen. I suspect that he has been popping over to Balmoral Castle to consult with her over various constitutional matters to do with Boris's recent actions re Brexit.

It's notable too that William, who does have some papers in the red boxes sent to him, went up there this time sans Kate and the kids who are back at school. There might be a shoot on at Birkhall, who knows, but I do think he briefly went up to Balmoral about Boris. After all, there may be a constitutional crisis brewing.

I think Andrew is just at Balmoral with his mother simply because it's more comfortable for him to be on a remote private estate away from media at the moment!

wannable

I agree @amabel, a quick visit from William this past weekend, and having the Queen and POW there, some meeting to discuss for sure.

Birkhall is within the Balmoral estate...

Andrew there the previous weekend to the last was a for sure picture shot from the paparazzi's at the entrance of Crathie Church, it's the only pictures everyone gets to know who was there. 

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 22, 2019, 09:38:37 PM

I've also read speculation that during this weekend, the annual Ghillies' ball was held at Balmoral, however I wouldn't be surprised that additional meetings were being held within the BRF to discuss the political situation in the UK.

wannable

True, the Ghillies Ball usually is/was held this past Thursday (3rd Thursday of September, end of the Scottish summer). 

This is the third year in a row that William has attended the Ghillies Ball, which is why he is currently at Balmoral and was seen with The Queen today. It?s become an annual event for him, makes sense he would go alone as it happens during school term.

Princess Cassandra

Amabel, TLLK, Curryong, Wannable; thanks for your great posts. It all makes sense to me now. 

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that in the article Princess Eugenie declared: "I think Granny is the most happy there (Balmoral)."

Curryong

I never said Birkhall wasn't on the Balmoral estate, wannabie. I know it is. What I said in my post was that Charles stays at Birkhall, his own property, when in Scotland. It was the QMs residence and for many years it's been his.

Also what I said was that it is several miles away from Balmoral Castle, which it is. In fact it's 12k away. So, when he goes to the Castle to see his mother, he visits her, as they are not living in the same house. Therefore everything I said in my post was correct.

And I also believe what I said about Andrew in that post was correct. IMO he is finding it comfortable to be staying at Balmoral at the moment, away from contact with the media.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on September 23, 2019, 02:19:25 PM
I've also read speculation that during this weekend, the annual Ghillies' ball was held at Balmoral, however I wouldn't be surprised that additional meetings were being held within the BRF to discuss the political situation in the UK.
It also gives them an opportunity to visit the Duke, who is not usually around in London anymore. He appears to be doing well, but they must want to see him as much as possible at his age.