Duchess of Sussex heads to restaurant with her new deputy press secretary

Started by sara8150, January 18, 2019, 08:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

Curryong

The two offices at KP  are believed to be splitting in two if that Times report of a few months ago is correct. Jason Knauf might well go with the Cambridges and this new guy with the Sussexes. Not all their staff may split but I do think the senior positions will. The Royal Foundation will probably remain intact IMO until the Cambridges become Prince and Princess of Wales in Charles's reign.

wannable

Meet and Greet with ones personnel, you want to be seen (the Boss more so) by the public and make know to any other subordinate from your staff.  This practice is common in company ranks.  He/she is my right hand and toe the line/filter the information with him/her.

*As a subordinate to the CEO of the company I work for, been there, done that.  The rest of the staff have the 'know where you are standing' from that point onward. Although this is a first, as I may recall for the BRF.  i.e. See a staff lunch meeting with Royalty.  They do so only for Christmas.

The article reads out that Christian Jones is the new deputy press (communications) secretary for the Cambridge's and Sussex's, therefore Jason Knauff may be leaving.  The none direct heirs to the throne, only have Private Secretary (assistant) whilst they share any other personnel with the Buckingham Palace household staff.  In the Sussex case, they each have their Private Secretary (assistant) and share with the Cambridge's the KP Household staff, which is paid for by the Duchy of Cornwall. This will be William's in time.

Perhaps Charles wants to spend more money and give them an entire new household staff for them? Time will tell.  They will end up being paid for by the Duchy of Lancaster.

LouisFerdinand

Christian Jones has a very prestigious work background. I like the fact that he was chief officer at the Treasury.

Blue Clover

Then the position must be one that he thinks will advance his career. He wouldn't have taken it otherwise.

wannable

Let's see how he fares in this new job as Deputy Communication Secretary to the DOC's and DOS's.   His previous job as Press Secretary to David Davis was a failure.  HR wise, when one quits, and the reasons are public and notorious, with a so far Brexit defeat, and his previous boss gave up at the first fight, he did too. BUT, sometimes failure is a launching pad for a second chance/opportunity in ones CV/Resume career to better things, with past learning curves.

Blue Clover

@wannable Yes, absolutely! Failure can lead to second and even better chances. I hope he does well in his new position.

dianab

good luck to him... work for the royal UNfabulous 4 righ now is not a very easy job

Blue Clover

@dianeb I'm sure its not an easy job and I can see countless ways things can go wrong managing high profile clients.