No More Babies for Zara Yet

Started by snokitty, December 10, 2014, 09:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Zara Phillips: 'There will be no more babies yet. I want to try to get to the Rio Olympics' - Telegraph
Before Zara Phillips even arrives for our interview, I'm feeling distinctly on edge. Variously described as "no-nonsense", "haughty" and someone whom one "really, really shouldn't get on the wrong side of", one of the equestrian world's all-time greats doesn't suffer fools gladly – even if this fool happens to be one of her biggest sporting fans.

But then in strides Zara, all blonde hair, high cheekbones and forceful gaze: "Hi," she says and grasps my hand firmly, "good to meet you." Fresh from a photoshoot, though she's changed into jeans and baggy top, her face is still made up and she's looking glamorous: a dash of mascara, a bit of blusher and a few light touches of bronzer, which accentuate her superbly sculpted face. It's a look that demands attention.

"You used to event?" she asks suspiciously. "Do you still ride?" I launch into a horsey monologue and we're off...

I've been granted an audience with Zara to discuss her latest foray into the world of commerce. In addition to working with Rolex, Land Rover and Musto, she has joined forces with computer-game company Owlient for its latest offering, Howrse, which involves an online community in which you can create your own virtual horse.

With her equestrian credentials – she was part of the London 2012 team, which won silver, as well as being the daughter of international trainer Captain Mark Phillips and Princess Anne (who competed in the sport at the 1976 Olympics) – it's no wonder the company was keen to pin the 15th in line to the throne down as an ambassador. It's thought that she landed a six-figure deal for the collaboration. Speaking to Zara, however, it doesn't seem as though it's just about the money. Although the 33-year-old doesn't have a background in gaming – "We never had anything like that when we were kids" – and she hasn't ever taken on Harry at FIFA, she does seem to have a genuine interest in the game.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

TLLK

TBH I'm not surprised to read that she'll delay having another baby.