What would happen to Prince Albert's billions if he were to pass away?

Started by Yale, December 09, 2013, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

I just read that according to the Monaco constitition his two children have a legal right to his personal wealth. I am sure he has a will and provided for them anyway. I understand that he adores Jazmin, his daughter.

Articles say he his estimate net is 1 billion dollars. I bet it's a lot more than that.

Trudie

If Albert were to pass away I would assume like QEII there is  difference between his personal wealth and the wealth of the Monarchy. No one knows his personal wealth but unless he has a legitimate heir the next in line Princess Caroline inherits. I would assume like other royals trusts are created for those not in succession and grandchildren.

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

Yale

Quote from: Macrobug on December 10, 2013, 12:42:10 AM
Would not his personal wealth go to his wife?

She would get her share but not all of it.  He does have children.  I am not talking about the Throne. I'm talking about his personal wealth.

Blue Clover

The royal family is ENORMOUS, I am sure they would have no problem spreading it around. Also, didn't Prince Rainier say something about a Prince needing lots of money and that is why he left so much to Albert. Well Albert may be of the same mindset and leave a nice bundle to the next in line.