Main Menu

Was there a modification

Started by The Queen, November 24, 2004, 04:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Queen

Hey, mediastar, did you modify the forum to keep the little envelopes highlighted when something new is posted even after you go to another site, or exit the window? Or is something of mine screwing up?  
Willite #00369

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

I think it does that from time to time.

I don't believe anything was modified, but I'm not 100% sure.

Mediastar? Kit? Lisa?
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

The Queen

That post didn't explain things to good. Normally, if I don't go into a topic, and then I leave the site, when I come back, and there were no new posts when I was gone, then the envelope isn't highlighted anymore. But tonight I noticed everytime I left, then came back, they were still highlighted, without any new posts.  I want to know if theres something wrong on my end, or if it was changed, like maybe a timer put on it or something.
Willite #00369

LisaG

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I don't pay attention to the envelpes really. I just look at the blue thingie with the > in it. That's a question for Mediastar. He should be here a bit later on tonight.  

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

I don't believe that there's been a change on the forum. I might be wrong, that's why I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt that the forum's been modified.

I know that that, what you have explained in both of your posts, has happened to me before. That's why I said "I think it does that from time to time." I have no idea why it has happened before and why it's happening now to you, though.
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

The Queen

Theres a blue thingy with a > in it? :blink:  mmmmk.
Ok, thanks any way Saph, and Lisa.
Willite #00369

LisaG

Actually it's a blue thingie with a > going down. It's next to the title of the thread, when you haven't read a new  post in it.

kitkat

The (lit) evelope thing and arrow go together. And they both have been messing with my mind for sometime now. When I use my dad's or school's computer and then go home it does the lit up thing. Sometimes, when I use my comp at home and then use it again sometime after it will light up as if I never opened it.

It's really weird, but I'm unaware of anyway something like that could be changed on the Admin panel.

mediastar

Nothing has been changed on the envelopes. I think we can only change the number of posts before they turn colour from blue to pink/red.

a - is the image if there has been a new post not read.

b - is the image if there is no new post.

It may be worth deleting the cookie at the bottom of the main page in case there is a problem with it. That will mean you have to log in again so make sure you know your password first.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

The Queen

Ok, thanks mediastar, and kit. But, it fixed itself allready :rolleyes:  Sorry for bothering you. :blush:  
Willite #00369

kitkat

Don't be suprised if it happens again, though.