How to keep up with the Windsors

Started by wannable, July 28, 2011, 10:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

QuoteThe words "Who does she think she is, royalty?" might not be far away from their lips. To which the answer, in the case of Zara Phillips's mum is: "Yes. She is."
At the same time, the Ma'amgate disclosures will set the rest of the country contemplating, once again, what it must be like to marry into a family where p's and q's have to be watched not just round the house, but round the clock.
"It has to be the in-law relationship from hell," says Sarah Gristwood, co-author of The Ring and the Crown. "How are you going to keep up with those particular Joneses? For example, when the Queen Mother, at that point merely Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, was marrying the Duke of York, her family had started to make all preparations for the wedding, only to be moved aside, so that the royal household could take over.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8663292/How-to-keep-up-with-the-Windsors.html   

Trudie

What a wonderful family to marry into  :willskate: Nothing like moving into a wolves den, where one small slip up they circle around and make a meal out of you. :cheese: Especially the courtiers who seem to be more royal then the royals themselves.

WOW

Trudie

WOW is that a serious question? they are the advisors private secretaries, ladies in waiting etc. that attend the royals.

Hale

WOW, those courtiers are said to suffer from Red Carpet Fever.

WOW

Quote from: Trudie on July 29, 2011, 04:22:35 AM
WOW is that a serious question? they are the advisors private secretaries, ladies in waiting etc. that attend the royals.
:laugh: Yeah it was. I was having a  :blond: But seriously I knew what a general term for couriters were but I wanted to see if what I thought was right.

Trudie

Mia Luvs Prince Hashem

Quote from: WOW on July 29, 2011, 12:53:38 PM
Quote from: Trudie on July 29, 2011, 04:22:35 AM
:laugh: Yeah it was. I was having a  :blond: But seriously I knew what a general term for couriters were but I wanted to see if what I thought was right.

LOL  :hehe:  :laugh10:

Honesty

Also called " The little grey men", I understand. And I agree more Royal than the Royals.