William and Kate's marriage certificate will be kept secret

Started by EmpressofIndia, May 23, 2011, 04:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

PW and Catherine makes wise decide not shown marriages cert unlike his family

missing diana

Quote from: EmpressofIndia on May 23, 2011, 04:02:28 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389624/William-Kate-Their-secret-marriage-certificate.html

Could someone please explain the need for secrecy?

No idea.   I doubt Camilla signed  where it said "mother of the groom."  That is the only potential matter of interest.

Rachel Mc.

missing diana

^  Thank you. 

Why do you think Prince Charles released his most recent one?

Windsor

I think it being a civil marriage, it would be fitting for such a document to be available.  :shrug:

CanRoyal

Quote from: missing diana on May 23, 2011, 09:39:01 PM
^  Thank you. 

Why do you think Prince Charles released his most recent one?

If you read to the end of the article - it does state that because it's a civil marriage, the PoW and Camilla's certificate is available to view.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

^^ Good question, but I believe their wills are kept secret, too.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

XeniaCasaraghi

If all the certificate's are kept secret then this isn't a big deal. As to why they are kept secret, I honestly don't care. People need some privacy in their lives. They have to parade their newborns out in front of the public so why not grasp onto any privacy you can.

Jenee

Yes, true - however everyone's marriage certificates are public record. I just think that it is an odd thing to keep private/secret.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Aleza

Charles and Diana as well as Mark and Anne and Andrew and Sarah released photographs of the Church Register where they also signed.
My guess is they are worried the signature of Camilla would start an outcry of "Camilla is trying to take Diana's place as William's mother" in the tabs and elsewhere.  I don't think Camilla should have signed under the circumstances.

cinrit

^^ But one has to sign one's marriage certificate or it's not valid.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

Quote from: XeniaCasaraghi on May 25, 2011, 07:50:12 PM
If all the certificate's are kept secret then this isn't a big deal. As to why they are kept secret, I honestly don't care. People need some privacy in their lives. They have to parade their newborns out in front of the public so why not grasp onto any privacy you can.

I've certainly Seen PICTURES of roayl wedding registers.. so they mstu be available somewhere?