Al Qaeda Gives Threats To Prince Harry

Started by Tiara, May 13, 2010, 01:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

IF he is going to stay in the army and make a career out of it, would it not stand to reason that sooner or later he will be sent somewhere? Will it only be to safe havens, with no action?

I can't see him going into combat. He requires a guard and those around him will be in danger.
Surely he'll give it more thought, considering this.

RoyalB

Kate, the point you make about giving things more thought is a good one.  Harry is maturing all the time.  Right now he has time off to breathe easy and relax.  Perhaps during his next long training stint, he will mature even more (I for one certainly expect him to) and he will see all the angles, potential problems and difficulties with regards to expecting to return to a war zone.  Personally, I see it as unworkable.

Hale

Quote from: Kate on May 16, 2010, 11:37:40 AM
IF he is going to stay in the army and make a career out of it, would it not stand to reason that sooner or later he will be sent somewhere? Will it only be to safe havens, with no action?

I can't see him going into combat. He requires a guard and those around him will be in danger.
Surely he'll give it more thought, considering this.

Andrew was sent into a war zone and took an active part.  The difference though is that Charles was married and Diana was expecting William at the time.  This is the problem for Harry and that for me is the reason why he will be held back.  Harry's career in the military is dependent on William marrying and producing heirs.