Not Quite a Royal, but Still in Need of Those Royalties

Started by vivienne, December 12, 2009, 05:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vivienne

Not Quite a Royal, but Still in Need of Those Royalties

Fergie speaks about her role as producer of "The Young Victoria" and other topics of a more personal nature.

QuoteWhat's more, the Victoria-Albert relationship has long riveted her, she says, because the couple "fought for their love" through public skepticism and other obstacles.

"Andrew and I should have fought more for our love," she said, sighing, pinning their troubles on how little time they got together during the first years of their marriage. He was in the Navy, and while she says that she wanted to go and live with him, she was instead ensconced in Buckingham Palace, where there were many rules and much loneliness.

Lindelle

Oh poor, poor Fergie. So she had nothing better to do than spend his money and have an affair?
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Lindelle

Oh and I haven't finished. Other wives around the world have to go through the same thing only minus the brand new palace/home, money and lover.

Ursula

Exactly Lindelle!  My sentiments exactly! So many couples go through this (and in more difficult circumstances) and the wives keep their toes to themselves!  Granted the media hasn't been very kind to her, but look at all the material she gave them to work with.    

HRHLondon

I agree with you both.

I believe Fergie when she says she regrets it. She (and Andrew) could have handled things a lot better...it's a shame they weren't able to work things out at the time, especially since they obviously get along well now and spend time as a family together.

Lindelle

Scarlet Flowers

I like Fergie, but I agree that she hasn't been very discreet.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Hale

Quote"I've been very badly misunderstood for a long period of time," Ms. Ferguson, the Duchess of York, said over tea recently at the Four Seasons Hotel in Manhattan. She's referring mostly to British journalists — who at various times have disparaged her waistline, sexual morality, spending habits and pretty much everything else — but also to a broader audience of detractors.

"I've been 25 years in public life," she said, "and they have completely brutalized me."

The above is true, but I also think Fergie has brought this on herself.  She is always looking for ways to exploit her former royal connections and her attempts here at establishing herself as some sort of TV presenter always end up making her look desperate.