Eligible Princesses?

Started by guysguy, September 08, 2008, 08:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cccc

It's alright to marry a Catholic as long as he/she converts, am I right???

cccc

Quote from: EmpressofIndia on August 16, 2009, 02:39:25 AM
Here is a better pic of Princess Florence (from the Daily Mail). She is presently working as a teaching assistant at a pre-prep school in Chelsea.

woooo.. teaching assistant.. Diana, anyone? :sigh:

fawbert

Quote from: cccc on August 19, 2009, 03:15:47 PM
It's alright to marry a Catholic as long as he/she converts, am I right???

Correct. Like the Peter Phillips/Autumn Kelly situaton last year.
Fawbert

Trudie

Fawbert do you know who Princess Florence is descended from? The only one I can think of that she could be descended from is Alice or Vicky I'm really curious.

cccc Do you have a problem with the job of a teaching assistant? or is the Problem that Diana went from teaching assistant to Princess and a very successful Princess at that?.

fawbert

HM Queen Victoria = Albert, Prince Consort
/
Victoria, Princess Royal = Friedrich III, German Emperor
/
Wilhlem II, German Emperor = Augusta of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg
/
Crown Prince Wilhlem of Prussia = Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
/
Prince Friedrich of Prussia = Lady Brigid Guinness
/
Frederick Nicholas von Preussen = Hon Victoria Mancroft
/
Princess Florence Jessica von Preussen
b 28 Jul 1983

Princess Florence is a fifth cousin of Prince William in their descent from Queen Victoria. Florence's aunt, Princess Antonia von Preussen is married to the Marquess of Douro, heir to the Duke of Wellington.

==-
Fawbert

cccc

Quote from: Trudie on August 21, 2009, 03:27:06 AM
cccc Do you have a problem with the job of a teaching assistant? or is the Problem that Diana went from teaching assistant to Princess and a very successful Princess at that?.

oh no!! don't misinterpret it that way!!! (must have been that emoticon)  I just thought that it was just a coincidence that PW's mother was also a teaching assistant.   And no, I don't have a problem with the job of a teaching assist.  I never said anything to intentionally offend anyone. Sorry if you read it that way :(

Trudie

cccc i apologize for misinterpreting your post.
:hug:
Fawbert I can always count on you for the genealogy :thanks:, can you tell me however how the surname Von Prussen came about as I thought they came from the House of Hohenzollern and that was the surname. :hmm:

Ladybee

"Von Prussen" is "of Prussia" in German.

Thank you so much for the genealogy, Fawbert!

cccc

Quote from: Trudie on August 21, 2009, 02:59:50 PM
cccc i apologize for misinterpreting your post.
:hug:

awww :hug: :hug: :hug:

GraceK

Theodora of Greece seems to be a lovely gal...

I really don't care who he ends marrying. Rich or poor, it really doesn't matter.

She must be proper and hard working too.  :Jen: