Chelsy Davy is a 'SLICAS'

Started by Stix Chix, August 22, 2008, 04:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stix Chix

City 'SLICAS' - Research Uncovers Influx of New 'Breed' of Students Living Luxurious Lifestyles--eMediawire
QuoteLondon, UK (PRWEB) August 22, 2008 -- Students are typically associated with baked beans and shared houses but, for a new breed of students - the 'SLICAS' - luxury is expected as standard.  Research carried out by the University of East London for UNITE Group has uncovered a new breed of students living luxurious lifestyles. The 'SLICAS' (pronounced slickers) is short for Students Living In Comfort And Style. Celebrity student SLICAS include Prince Harry's girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, and red haired super model, Lily Cole.

Chelsy and a lot of her friends in Leeds are all very privileged.....but Chelsy's not totally living a life of luxury in Leeds.  from what we've read so far we know that she's living in a shared flat in a bad neighborhood and eats a lot of pasta dinners with cheap wine.  either way, i dont have an issue with students who are well off. :shrug:  its what they do after graduating that counts.

Harryite #0004

lurker

Funny how they have to give everything a name. What are the less well-off students called? SLIDAR's (students living in dirt and rags)???  :laugh:
Thomas van Straubenzee fan No. 1! :wub2:

Stix Chix

Harryite #0004

brittanylala

I don't know about this. I know a LOT of very very privileged students and NONE of them live in luxury. They all live in shared houses in dodgy areas however they buy only expensive clothes and expensive food.

echo

WAGs RAGs CHAPs SLICAS...apparently anyone of wealth needs to have some type of acronym nickname....
(\_/)
(O.o)
(><) Booni.

misha

Quote from: brittanylala on August 22, 2008, 05:09:22 PM
I don't know about this. I know a LOT of very very privileged students and NONE of them live in luxury. They all live in shared houses in dodgy areas however they buy only expensive clothes and expensive food.
I completely agree with you  but there is still some that do live in a luxury house or apartment also with roommates

koolkat

that article makes me want baked beans and pasta.

these people are living their own little worlds by writing articles like these.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

koolkat

but remember jenee, were the "friends" thats the best label out there. :banana:

serene grace

William has one
What's Harry's ...HOW????

Sophie was secretly called COW according to the some of the press when the Courtiers were being catty. 

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Rasta Watermelon

I agree with Stix Chix who cares how she is living, if she makes a good career out of her degree then good luck to her. Regardless if she ends up marrying into the Royal Family or not.

koolkat

Quote from: serene grace on August 23, 2008, 03:26:20 AM
William has one
What's Harry's ...HOW????

Sophie was secretly called COW according to the some of the press when the Courtiers were being catty. 

HOW? COW?
meanings? :hmm:

whats williams?

sillyjobug

Quote from: koolkat on August 25, 2008, 02:26:17 AM

HOW? COW?
meanings? :hmm:

whats williams?

William's acronym is WOW for William of Wales.
So presumably Harry's HOW stands for Harry of Wales.
I'm guessing for Sophie, COW was used for Countess of Wessex like POW is used as Prince of Wales for Charles.

Chelsy is not, from what we've read, one of these "SLICAS." When she was at Capetown Uni, perhaps, as she shared what appeaed to be an extremely nice flat with her brother, and it was likely paid for by her parents, and she drove a BMW (or was it a Merc) convertible. But in Leeds she's living in a $110-a-week flat with like three other people, in a dodgy neighborhood, and has a much more understated car. She wears good clothes, but I know kids from poor families who dress the same. So she's definitely not living the life of luxury at uni.
Harryite #0094   

mellow1

A recent article said that she was not returning to that flat this school year, but  to a much nicer one, so we will have to wait and see.

Stix Chix

^i actually hope she does.  the area she's living in was said to be very bad....and with all the press and paparazzi attention i'm sure any shady people in the area not only know that she's in the neighborhood, and which house is hers.  :ninja:  besides, one of the main reasons Harry wasn't able to come over very much was because his protection officers deemed it too hard to protect him while he was there.

Harryite #0004

koolkat

Quote from: sillyjobug on August 25, 2008, 03:10:13 AM
William's acronym is WOW for William of Wales.
So presumably Harry's HOW stands for Harry of Wales.
I'm guessing for Sophie, COW was used for Countess of Wessex like POW is used as Prince of Wales for Charles.

Chelsy is not, from what we've read, one of these "SLICAS." When she was at Capetown Uni, perhaps, as she shared what appeaed to be an extremely nice flat with her brother, and it was likely paid for by her parents, and she drove a BMW (or was it a Merc) convertible. But in Leeds she's living in a $110-a-week flat with like three other people, in a dodgy neighborhood, and has a much more understated car. She wears good clothes, but I know kids from poor families who dress the same. So she's definitely not living the life of luxury at uni.

oooohhhh. okay. i guessed that.