Main Menu

Live chat?

Started by PrincessPreppy, October 19, 2003, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessPreppy

Is there anyway we could have a live chat on here?
Harryite #0035

FtLouie34

You mean like how it works on AIM??

PrincessPreppy

yeah but like everyone who is on the forum at the time can talk at once like in chatroom setting where we can all see what everyone says
Harryite #0035

sunshine69

I asked mediastar about it once, and he decided not to, since it takes up a lot of bandwidth or some crap like that.

LETS ASK AGAIN!!!
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

FtLouie34

I think it's Prep's job, as she gets whatever she wants. Let the bitching begin!!!!!!

PrincessPreppy

But pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee mediastar???

:pouty cute face:

it would mean the world to me.....
Harryite #0035

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

I think a live chat would be really good thing to have here.
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

mediastar

There ws a thread on this in the summer. I decided not to add live chat to the site. This is my post:

Thanks for all your posts on this topic.

I have decided not to add a chat room to the site.

The reasons are:

- the heavy use of bandwidth
- the difficulty of controlling content
- chat rooms attract undesirable posters.

Only last month a 12 year-old English girl ran away to France and Germany with an American ex-marine of over 30. They had originally contacted each other in a chat room. The story dominated news programmes and news channels in the UK for days before she was found and the American was arrested. Stories like these have given chat rooms a bad name in the UK and mean they attract excessive attention from police, undesirables and "researchers".

I'm very sorry to disappoint all those who hoping there would be a chat room on the site. However, I have reduced the flood control limit to 15 seconds on this forum.  
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

Oh, okay. I'm sorry then, I had never heard about the English girl.
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

mediastar

Stories about the US marine can be found by putting Toby Studabaker into a search engine.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

PrincessPreppy

Yeah I remeber seeing something about that when I was there. Thank you anyway mediastar
Harryite #0035

LadyLove

we could all have a group chat on MSN, YAHOO, or AIM.....

willwindsor62182

yes as a proud member of the forum we should have a live chat room!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more that your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom?