In Harry’s sights?

Started by EmpressofIndia, October 01, 2010, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

So why is her removing Facebook so newsworthy?  Isn't she already tabloid fodder. It's like locking the barn door after the horse runs away so to speak.

pinkpearls

Unlike CHelsy, Gemma took down her facebook before anyone of her "friends" could share private info about her to the public -- whether it be sharing the with the media or forums. 

IIIRC, Someonewholovesharry was boasting about how easy it is to become facebook friends with Chelsy and her friends, gaining access to private info to share with forum posters. IIRC, SWLH mentioned that she had over 58 mutual friends with Chelsy.

By appearances, Gemma guards her privacy & did not want to be vulnerable to faux friends.

sandy

It's Chelsy's own business and Gemma's how she deals with Facebook. Facebook is hardly a huge issue, I think too much is read into Gemma and Facebook. How is it known WHAT Gemma does or thinks? It's just a projection on someone who is a total unknown and who might not matter that much to Harry in the first place.

mousie_kins

If I was Gemma and dating Harry I would have taken down my FB as soon as we began dating not several hours after the media contacted me which would make more news.

pinkpearls

I don't think Gemma was told, "Oh, We found your unlisted FB account. Care to comment?"

Gemma's account was not available to the public in any way.. she used the privacy control which prevents people from searching her name & finding the listing for her account.

mousie_kins

you mean like Chelsy?

It was only after she was contacted by the papers that she took it down.

If it was me I would have taken it down as soon as we started dating now several weeks after when I had already been contacted by the press.

pinkpearls

Chelsy's FB account is can be found by anyone with a FB account.

Gemma used the strictest privacy controls, which prevents the public from finding her account. Once the papers used her picture, yes, she took down her account. Maybe a friend of hers shared the account info with the press? 

sandy

I don't think Facebook is a barometer of anything. Just projecting a positive spin on someone who is hardly known but is not Chelsy so anything she does is terrific.

mousie_kins

Precisely.

I will commend or berate Gemma only when I know more then just her name and job title.

wannable

I would start commending her for deleting, locking her facebook, twitter, bebo and linkedin. That's a fairly good start to avoid leakage.

mousie_kins

pinkpearls

Quote from: wannabe on October 13, 2010, 02:02:17 PM
I would start commending her for deleting, locking her facebook, twitter, bebo and linkedin. That's a fairly good start to avoid leakage.

Yes it is! A discrete woman who take precautions to protect her personal life. :thumbsup:

sandy

And her motives are known, how? As I said it's like locking the barn door after the horse runs away. The woman has made the papers. Could it be she may have something to hide on her FB?

pinkpearls

Quote from: sandy on October 13, 2010, 04:14:35 PM
Could it be she may have something to hide on her FB?

That's a bit sinister, isn't it?

I have NO REASON to dislike her, so I'm being positive about her.

wannable

Yes, she is avoiding any friends (frenemy) to cash in or a Katie Nicholl copy/pasting for the 10 million strong readers of Daily Mail on her personal info, wall, videos, photos.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/16/article-0-060F5F07000005DC-8_468x357.jpg

QuoteAugust 16, 2009
Grinning broadly, Chelsy Davy cosies up to her new boyfriend for the photographs that show her love affair with Prince Harry is truly over.
The images of her with banker Dominic Rose during a holiday on the Algarve were posted on her Facebook page – and seen by the Prince.

sandy

I have nothing against her maybe I am feeling somewhat negative because this girl is too highly praised in order to attempt to slam  Chelsy again even saying Gemma is a "better version" (I thought people were equal?!). And I'd like to think Harry isn't so clinical that he thinks he is "trading up" women and thinks of one woman a "better version" of the other. heaven help who he marries if he feels this way (which I doubt).

I think the high praise of Gemma and snipes at Chelsy isn't fair to either of the two women.

I think it way way too premature to marry Gemma and Harry off.

mousie_kins

Exactly I am sure Gemma is nice enough but to praise her to the hilts is premature being as we know nothing about her.

Can we wait until we know more before praising her if she deserves it.

I know the people who never liked Chelsy are happy she is gone (they have been very vocal in that matter) but we do not know if Gemma is better or worse.

Hale

Quote from: EmpressofIndia on October 01, 2010, 08:29:34 PM
From Richard Kay's column in the Daily Mail:
QuoteIt may be entirely coincidental, but a footloose Prince Harry will be among those intrigued that Lady Natasha Howard, the Earl of Suffolk and Berkshire's daughter, is ­herself suddenly single.

For Harry, whose six-year relationship with Chelsy Davy is all but over, has long held a candle for Tash, 23, who had been dating edgy photographer Grey ­Hutton, 24.

However, friends say Tash, who is Mickey ­Suffolk's youngest daughter, has remained rather indifferent to Harry's interest.

The Prince, 26, was a guest at the Womad music festival, held at the Earl's estate near Malmesbury, Wiltshire, during the summer. At the time, Lady Natasha — who read politics at Bristol University — was still seeing Hutton, who worked with spoof ­snapper ­Alison Jackson on her film about former England football boss Sven-Goran Eriksson.

'Harry's always had a crush on Tash,' says a pal. 'But she's never showed any interest in him.'

Pic of Lady Natasha in the article

Edit to add link to article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315963/Prince-1bn-battle-laid-bare.html

May I remind members that this topic isn't for discussing Harry & Gemma, but rather Harry & Lady Natasha.  There are other threads for discussing Harry & Gemma.  Please help us keep the threads tidy.

Jenee

Dear Members, as you are all aware there are many rumours circulating about Prince Harry and several female friends.  This has resulted in a number of threads where posters repeat themselves and where they sometimes  veer off the main subjects of the topic. 
Therefore, by way of keeping the board tidy we have decided it is best that all these speculations  should be condensed into one thread until further notice.  You can find the new thread here.

Have also transferred some last posts from other threads.

Meanwhile this topic has been locked.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore