Previous topic - Next topic

FetchingHag

QUEEN RAGES AT BLAIR

Jun 15 2003
EXCLUSIVE
By Deborah Sherwood & Chris Mclaughlin

THE Queen is livid with Tony Blair for abolishing the post of Lord
Chancellor without consulting her.

She was aware that Lord Derry Irvine was due to go - but had not been told the 1,400-year-old post would vanish completely.

The Lord Chancellor acts as one of her senior advisers and a "bridge" between the Palace and Parliament.

"The Queen should have been briefed and she is upset that she wasn't," said a senior Palace adviser last night.

"She is entitled to be consulted before major changes like this are made."

The Queen intends to make her feelings clear at her regular weekly meeting with the Prime Minister on Tuesday.

Buckingham Palace sources say the Queen is worried the changes are part of a whittling away of the monarchy.

She is concerned about what will be left of its role by the time Prince Charles or Prince William take over the throne.

Constitutional expert Lord Norman St John Stevas said it was "dreadful" that the Queen was not consulted over the change. "I am astonished at the way it was done," he said. "These are enormous changes and the Queen should most certainly have been consulted."

Shadow deputy prime minister David Davis accused the PM of treating the judicial system "like his own personal bauble".

He said: "There are few things in the British constitution which are more important than this. But Mr Blair has treated it as though it is just another pawn on his board."

A Downing Street spokesman refused to comment on the Queen's reaction. He insisted consultation on how the new system will work would begin now that the decision has been made in principle
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which

sunshine69

I understand why she would be upset...that would piss me off too!
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

FetchingHag

He taking more power from the royal family soon thay will be takeing money then everything else... <_<  <_<
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

sunshine69

QuoteHe taking more power from the royal family soon thay will be takeing money then everything else... <_<  <_<
:blink: How do you mean?
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

FetchingHag

QuoteHe taking more power from the royal family soon thay will be takeing money then everything else... <_<  <_<
:blink: How do you mean?
I belive that thay are taking everything that the royal have always had the power, and thay are also thinking of taking away all the other residents that the family use you taking away everything  :blink:  :blink: don't worry I am confusing myself as it is :)  :)  :)  :blink:  :blink:  

PrincessPreppy

ok well that is quite unlike my lil tony. I usually adore him, but hey no one messes w/ my royal family!!!
Harryite #0035

sunshine69

Yeah, I know....I didn't have an opinion one way or the other about him before, but this definitely gives him a few negative points!