Caroline Stanbury - Ladies of London

Started by ohsillyme, June 05, 2014, 11:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsillyme

I don't think the Brits can enjoy the craziness that is "Ladies of London," and let me tell you-you are missing out!

I am not a big TV  fan, I particularly don't like reality TV, but omg Ladies of London is a riot.

Caroline Stanbury is supposedly good friends with Cressida (and a reported reason for their split was because Harry didn't want Cress' s good friends who are on  the show to spill secrets about them.)

Anyway,  Caroline dated Prince Andrew when she was 24 and he was 40. I doubt she'll spill secrets. Her mom is driends with Fergie. How does that work? I  mean, how does one date a friend of yohr parent's? Awkward much?

Now she's married to a Turkish finance guy.

She owns on online shop called Gift Library.  Cute stuff! But, Eos (a brand name) lip balm that costs $3 in an American drugstore is $10USD in her shop. Guess there's more than the usual profit margin?

Is anyone else watching?

cinrit

I watched about 15 minutes of the preview episode.  Haven't watched it since.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

ohsillyme

The first episode aired a few days ago.  Caroline is interesting. IMO, she looks much older than she really is (38)

Limabeany

I watched the first episode, it all seem to be about them backstabbing one another... Are all these shows the same?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

ohsillyme

The very first episode was a sneak peak 30 min preview of the entirs season. So, all the back stabbing takes place over the course of the season, not all in one show. They drag out the drama.

In the first show of the regular season, an American wears a fascinator to polo. And the Brits politely don't say it's not customary,  but the Brits clearly don't like the Americans much. One of the Americans who has been living in England for half her life sums it up pretty well, "Two cultures, One city."

Limabeany

That is the one I saw, the first show of the regular season... It was like a Mike Tyson boxing match!
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

ohsillyme

Oh my.. I thought it was tame hehe

But in my defense, I have seen several episodes of the original Real Housewives of NJ. Their fights drew blood. Police reports filed. It was epic.

Limabeany

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What isn't tame after that?  :happy15: I thought these shows were about friends, so I was surprised to see they are more about status and such.

ohsillyme

Oh, my! No, there is a guise of "friendship" but at best they are "frenemies." This London show involves women who "know of" each other because they are on the same social scene, but not bona fide friends.

The other person who interests me on the show is the wife of the Boujis/Bumpkin owner. She is American and very typically wholesome and friendly!!!

It's worth noting that the women all had to audition like any other show. The producers picked who would be "friends" and all the outings (like to Polo in the park) is arranged by the producers.

Limabeany

Frenemies! I always wondered what that really was, and there it is! That is exactly what they are. That Juliet woman is most unlikeable, IMO. Ugh!

Blue Clover

I am so curious abiout this show. Wish I could see it!

cinrit

Quote from: ohsillyme on June 05, 2014, 11:54:44 PM
The very first episode was a sneak peak 30 min preview of the entirs season.

That's the one I saw, but I only watched about half of it. 

Quote from: Limabeany on June 06, 2014, 02:58:15 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What isn't tame after that?  :happy15: I thought these shows were about friends, so I was surprised to see they are more about status and such. 

The Housewives shows?  I watch a couple of them (New Jersey and Beverly Hills).  Some of them do know each other, some of them just get thrown together by chance.  People audition to be on one of those shows.  I remember reading that some fairly well-known actress had auditioned a few years ago, but was rejected.  They have to have "story lines" to remain on the show, so eventually they all turn on each other in an effort to stand out.  The producers love the cat fights.  If there are none, no one watches.  There was only one season of the D.C. Housewives, because it was dropped ...  they were all so polite to each other, not many people were interested in watching. :D

Cindy

Limabeany

So, basically, it's Mean Girls with adult women.  :cool: Oh, boy! It is the first reality show I have ever watched. :angeldevil1:

cinrit

^^ Yep, basically.  They're fun to watch, though. :teehee:

Cindy

Limabeany

I couldn't stop watching this, I watched it all!  :happy15:

cinrit

If there's only been one episode, they're probably being fairly polite to each other (and snarky behind each others' backs).  When they all start vying for the most attention, they may go on the attack.  The D.C. Housewives lasted only one season, because they were all too polite to each other, even the ones who didn't like each other ... there was no drama, so people lost interest. :D

Cindy

Limabeany

Can you imagine? Too polite for television????  :hehe: What has the world come to?  :happy15:

cinrit

port_fan

Any link to watch this online (for free, of course)?

cinrit

You can try hulu.com, or maybe even Bravo's website.

Cindy

ohsillyme

So this episode,  they went to the Serpentine Summer Party. Apparently,  the tickets are highly coveted. In 2013, L'Wren Scott hosted. Pr. Bea was there!

This party is the one that Diana went to in 1994 wearing that killer black dress the night Pr Charles did the infamous interview admitting his in Fidelity.

momof2girls

Did anyone see Charles Goode on Mondays show? He is much cuter on tv and I love his accent. I watched the firt two episodes and just didnt like some of the personalities but saw a reference on Charles' twitter about Caroline so had to watch the latest episode.