Re: British Royal Family joint and group events Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 24, 2022, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

I am stunned that the DoY's name appears in today's official program for the Garter Service. However I am relieved that he won't be appearing at the service as of today.
I am concerned that the DoY who admittedly has not been charged with a crime in a court of law but has shown very little contrition regarding his association with Epstein seems to believe that he can "return" to public life.  <_<

I am hoping that the only future public BRF joint and group events that Andrew will be permitted to attend are the ones associated with his mother's passing. 

wannable

https://twitter.com/i/status/1536325700604547072

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail
Not the normal crowd scene you see on Garter Day at Windsor.. #OrderOfTheGarter

Meaning, the streets of Windsor full of crowds chanting.

wannable

Rebecca is live at Windsor Castle her twitter feed has several well taken videos by her, not bad.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

sara8150

Prince Andrew still listed on order of service for Garter Day after last-minute U-turn | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Andrew missing from Garter Day procession after Charles and William's protests - Mirror Online
Per Prince Charles and Duke of Cambridge because both future king one day and both have rightful to banned Duke of York at garter of the order but im respect that decision from Prince Charles and Duke of Cambridge

Kate Middleton leads Royals as disgraced Prince Andrew snubbed from public eye at Garter service | The Sun

wannable

Original alleged news of Prince William telling the Queen: It's HIM or ME comes from the Evening Standard (It is the Queen's fav newspaper)

A source told the Evening Standard: 'The Duke of Cambridge was adamant. If York insisted on taking part publicly, he would withdraw'. It would have also meant that his wife Kate would also not have attended.

Blue Clover

Great historical ceremony! Everyone seems happy. I am so happy William put his foot down about Andrew. Andrew is clueless, he doesn't have a clue why he shouldn't join the family in this event. The Queen seems to be struggling with this issue as well, I thought her judgment would be better, but I guess she's blinded by her motherly love for Andrew.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on June 13, 2022, 03:19:05 PM
Original alleged news of Prince William telling the Queen: It's HIM or ME comes from the Evening Standard (It is the Queen's fav newspaper)

A source told the Evening Standard: 'The Duke of Cambridge was adamant. If York insisted on taking part publicly, he would withdraw'. It would have also meant that his wife Kate would also not have attended.

I have agreed with Duke of Cambridge says

sara8150

Quote from: Blue Clover on June 13, 2022, 03:59:11 PM
Great historical ceremony! Everyone seems happy. I am so happy William put his foot down about Andrew. Andrew is clueless, he doesn't have a clue why he shouldn't join the family in this event. The Queen seems to be struggling with this issue as well, I thought her judgment would be better, but I guess she's blinded by her motherly love for Andrew.

I have agreed with Duke of Cambridge says

wannable

Regretfully, HM is blinded by love. 

In lieu of William putting his foot down, Andrew banned, the Queen invited him for Lunch.  It's like a spoiled baby situation.  :wacko: <_<

wannable

Congratulations to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

In a photograph released this afternoon, The Queen, 96, was elegant in a silver gown with matching shoes as she joined Prince Charles and Camilla ahead of the annual Order of the Garter service at St George's Chapel today

TLLK

Camilla looks splendid in her Garter Regalia and proving once again that she can wear ANY large scale hat.
Glad to here that there is reportedly a larger than usual crowd today in Windsor.

sara8150

Smiling Queen, 96, uses walking stick in official Order of the Garter photo with Charles and Camilla | Daily Mail Online

Camilla, Future Queen, Appears in Rare Portrait Alongside Queen Elizabeth | PEOPLE.com

The Queen is all smiles in gown and Order of the Garter sash in new photo with Prince Charles and Camilla | HELLO!

Queen health fears erupts as frail monarch pictured with cane during Garter Day | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince William: Him or me! threat over Andrew Order of Garter Day service | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen health: ?No way she can walk? at Order of the Garter under ?heavy robes? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

What is Garter Day? Centuries-old Order explained and its current royal members | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Not since 1348 for 674 years
QuoteGarter Day
The Most Noble Order of the Garter is the oldest order of chivalry in Britain and it was first established by King Edward III in 1348.

Edward was said to be inspired by the legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, and the Order of the Garter has remained in place for centuries since.

There are 24 spaces for Knights and Ladies Companion in the Order. But, in 2022 only 20 of these spots are filled. On Garter Day, new appointments are formally invested in the Garter Throne Room by the monarch.

The Queen traditionally leads a procession at Windsor Castle of her Knights and Royal Family members dressed in velvet robes and plumed hats.

A service is also held at St George's Chapel, which has been the spiritual home of the Order throughout its existence.

Two former prime ministers, Sir John Major and Sir Tony Blair, are part of the Order presently, and other members include Baroness Manningham-Buller, the former Director-General of MI5, and Baroness Amos, the former Leader of the House of Lords.

Appointees are made in recognition of their dedication to public service, but there are also royal members both in the UK and abroad that are part of the Order on an honorary basis. The Queen, as Sovereign of the Garter, makes the appointments to the Order personally.

Who are the current royal members of the Order?
Royal Knights and Ladies Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter include the Queen's cousins Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Prince Richard, the Duke of Gloucester.

The Queen's four children Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward have also been appointed to the Order during the Queen's reign.

Nightowl

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 13, 2022, 02:43:46 PM
Pics from today: Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

I know this is not important, yet go to the last page of that site here and get a small picture of Catherine's shoes.....they are not pumps, I saw a picture earlier somewhere here on the internet and they are gorgeous, some kind of silver strap ......I love shoes as you can see...LOL  Going to keep an eye out for them even when she wear blue, gads, I am so tired of those blue coat dresses....she has enough already!

sara8150

How the royal foursome of Prince Charles, Camilla and the Cambridges are stopping Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online

The Queen pulls out of Royal Ascot amid ongoing mobility issues | Daily Mail Online
HM Queen Elizabeth II sent her elder son the Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall in her behalf because HM Queen Elizabeth II had battle with health and mobility issues

Royals turn out in force for Royal Ascot as Queen misses out | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth Misses First Day of Royal Ascot | PEOPLE.com

Princess Beatrice, Sophie Wessex and Duchess of Cornwall lead royal family on Royal Ascot day 1 ? LIVE UPDATES | HELLO!

Princess Anne praised as 'continuity' of Firm as she shines in Royal Ascot carriage | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips joins Camilla and Charles in Ascot carriage ride | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen health update: Queen to return to beloved Ascot in major boost | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-13/prince-andrew-banned-from-public-return-at-ancient-ceremony-of-garter-knights

Royal Ascot 2022 live results: Prince Charles and Camilla lead royal procession on day one - Mirror Online

Royal fans spot hand-written addition to Princess Beatrice's Royal Ascot name tag - Mirror Online

Horse-mad Queen skips Royal Ascot as Prince Charles and Camilla kick off racing extravaganza | The Sun

Prince William 'threatened ultimatum over Prince Andrew's return to public spotlight' after disgraced Duke's demands | The Sun

sara8150

Prince Andrew was 'crushed and confused' after Charles and William banned him from Garter Day | Daily Mail Online

Real reason Kate Middleton didn't attend first day of Royal Ascot | HELLO!
Cambridges have plans same day of fifth anniversary of the Grenfell Tower fire by attending a multi-faith service in west London if the couple not busy on the diary schedule of Cambridge?s we have wait and see 🙏🏻🤞🏻

sara8150

Prince Charles beams with Camilla as they lead Royals at Ascot - but the Queen, 96, stays home | The Sun

The Queen's Royal Ascot runners revealed as Her Majesty looks to return to watch her favourite horses in action | The Sun

Shamed Prince Andrew should ask for advice from Kate Middleton's Uncle Gary on how to deal with a scandal | The Sun
Not since Prince John
QuotePrince John ? the youngest son of King George V whose epilepsy and possible autism saw him largely confined to a hidden life on the Sandringham estate before his death from a severe seizure at the age of 14.

sara8150

Gert?s Royal Twitter says
QuoteThe Cambridges aren?t particularly interested in Royal Ascot. And they aren?t required to attend, as it?s not considered an official engagement for them & recorded on the court circular.
Due Cambridges diary schedule so busy and can?t attend royal ascot this year hopefully next year we have wait and see till confirmation from Palace 🙏🏻🤞🏻