Young Charles

Started by LouisFerdinand, April 08, 2019, 11:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on August 22, 2019, 06:53:11 PM
Those are mostly the photos i've found, with his girlfriends when playing polo.

I would have liked to see some where he was on "duty" etc.

Anyway there are plenty from the 80s so that'll do I suppose.
he was only starting his royal duties career in the 70s, as he did a stint of duty in the Navy for several year then.  However Im sure there are photos of him at work as well as leisure time shots

Curryong

Yes, I think Charles left the Royal Navy, air training etc around 1977 and then started fulltime royal duties. It's quite odd that there aren't a lot of freely available photos online of him going about his Royal duties from that time on though, considering the huge number there are of Diana from 1981-97.

However, as I have said, Royal reporters, photographers tend to lay off members of the RF when they are at school/university and don't go on military or naval bases, ships, planes, or to services training colleges for obvious reasons! So that probably explains some of the paucity of photos of Charles from 1968, for a decade or so.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on August 23, 2019, 07:45:38 PM
Yes, I think Charles left the Royal Navy, air training etc around 1977 and then started fulltime royal duties. It's quite odd that there aren't a lot of freely available photos online of him going about his Royal duties from that time on though, considering the huge number there are of Diana from 1981-97.

H
Im sure there are some.. not as many as the Diana time ones..but he got a fair bit of media attention.. I remember his being portrayed in magazines back in the 70s, with stories about his work. However I think the Press mainly were interested in his girlfrends and that meant following him around to polo and the like which was a place where they could go, and where he was out in public with his girlfirends.. and could be photographed.  HE was also followed even at Balmoral.. but he did tend as you've said to take his giirflreinds mostly to private places like homes of friends or royal house parties.. so he could avoid the press as much as was reasonably possible...

sandy

Charles released photos of himself as an actor in plays at University. In the souvenir booklets about the royal wedding of 1981 there were many photos of him at University, in the military, and on royal duties.

amabel

Yes of course there were.  He was the young single heir to the throne.  Of course he go t a lot of media attention... Possibly the photos aren't on the internet nowadays though

LouisFerdinand

Prince Charles waving       
Adorable photograph of Queen at two years old heralds journey into Royal Family's fascinating history | Royal family england, Royal family,   

:RAFWilliam: :RAFWilliam: :RAFWilliam: :RAFWilliam: :doublewave: :doublewave: :doublewave: :doublewave: :doublewave: :doublewave:

LouisFerdinand

Prince Charles at school in 1957     
London - Prince Charles At School (1957) - YouTube   

:xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: