Board information and general announcements

Started by TLLK, May 01, 2021, 02:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Hello members, lurkers and guests. The RIF moderation team has been doing some long overdue clean up and organization on the site for the past few months in the following forums: European/Asian/Middle Eastern monarchies as well as the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge forums. We believe that these actions will make it easier for members, lurkers and guests to find and participate in discussions here.
In regards to the European/Asian/Middle Eastern  royals we're creating separate stickied threads for Current Events/engagements and birthdays/anniversaries and other milestones. We're in the process of doing the same for the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall, the Cambridges and other members of the BRF, but with a few more detailed threads.

Please contact a member of the moderation team if you have any questions regarding the clean up and organization and we thank you for your patience.

TLLK

The Netherlands The Dutch Monarchy Current Events A thread to discuss the official work of the Dutch Royal House.   :Jen:

The Netherlands-  The Netherlands-Birthdays and milestones      A thread to discuss the personal events for the members of the Dutch Royal House and Family.  :bday:

Example: The Cambridges forum.

[url=http://www.royalinsight.net/forum/index.php?board=35.0]The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
-Forum to discuss the Cambridges engagements, tours, patronages, their future roles in the BRF.

General Chat-A forum to discuss the family news, their personal lives, William and Catherine's birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones.

The Cambridge Children forum to discuss the Cambridge children along with George, Charlotte and Louis' birthdays, milestones and events.

TLLK

@wannable-Thank you for your compliment and I hope that a more organized site will benefit all.

Macrobug67

Hi everyone

Likely you have noticed stuff going on in the Cambridge boards (and some of the others).  Cleaning, organizing etc.

If you notice a little happy/sad/other face beside a thread on the main board please don't change it or add your own.  It's a code I'm using as I'm organizing. 

Thank you and I promise to be done soon.   Real life does go on..... :flower3:

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Thank you @Macrobug67 for all of your behind the scenes de-cluttering and reorganizing. It's a massive task and I so appreciate you tackling this job.

Macrobug67

I do hope a bottle of Baileys or Sambuca will be waiting for me....

TLLK

Sorry...just the same old bottle of champagne that this emoticon has been downing for years now.

:partaay: :hehe:

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on May 20, 2021, 11:59:09 PM
Sorry...just the same old bottle of champagne that this emoticon has been downing for years now.

:partaay: :hehe:

That champers is probably very very flat by now!

TLLK

:teehee: Unfortunately the only other thing we have is this stale cup of coffee or this very pink  cake. :bdaycake:  :orchid:

Macrobug67

Fine.  I?ll take the coffee.  and slip in a dollop of the Baileys I hid over behind the shrine to Kates wedges

TLLK

Okay....I can't read the last part of your statement.  :brightside: Will these help?

Macrobug67

TLLK

I'd like to thank the moderation team for their work with the ongoing clean up and reorganization efforts that have been happening over the past months. The moderation team has been discussing the need to reorganize the forums into a more efficient and easily accessed layout so posters know where to find information and to post news.

Additionally I'd like to thank our members for adapting to the new layout and posting their articles, photos, videos in the correct forum, subforums and new threads.

If you realize that an old thread has disappeared I'd suggest that you look to see if it's been merged into a new and more comprehensive thread on the topic. You can always use the search function located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Type in key words and it should narrow your search.

Also remember that posts have also been played in our recycle section and can still be accessed by moderation and possibly reposted.

Blue Clover

TLLK

Clean up and organization is continuing on the site and I am now focusing my attention on the Sussex forum. All charity related work concerning the Duke and Duchess is now being placed in the Archewell, Invictus thread and that includes the recent announcements for the Invictus Games and Halo Trust.

TLLK

Adding to the to do list, the threads related to the families of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex are also getting a clean up. There are separate threads for both ladies' ancestry and chat for their own immediate family members.

TLLK

Birthday, anniversary and milestone threads have been added to the forums for the Wessexes, Princess Royal, the York Princesses, and the Queen's Cousins. Recent birthdays and anniversaries threads have been merged into the new ones.

TLLK

Please take note of the following  which are part of the greater clean up and organization that has been taking place over the past months here at Royal Insight Forum.

Stickied threads for BRF Group Events, BRF incoming State Visits and Official visits, BRF social media account announcements, threads for QEII's official and private residences,  BRF engagements tally, QEII jubilees, QEII and the DoE as parents/grandparents, QEII/DoE birthdays and anniversaries,  can be found in the QEII and DoE forum.

Posts related to the illness and hospitalization in the last months of Prince Phillip's life are now in the forum related to his death and funeral. 

* Stickied General Chat threads have been added to all of the BRF forums with the exception of the Kents, Gloucesters and other extended family members who do not perform royal duties. . This is where posters can share articles and post about the BRF members' activities that are not directly related to their official duties and engagements.

*Stickied Foreign Travel threads have also been added for all BRF forums. Please post about overseas official tours and travel in those threads.

*Newly reorganized  and Stickied threads for the Socialites and Royal Acquaintances : Diana's Family, the Markles, Exes and former Spouses, and Former BRF staff. Please post about those individuals in the appropriate thread.

If you ever have a question about where to post an article or story, please contact a member of the moderation team.

Finally as the  clean up and reorganization takes place, understand there will be posts that are removed. Posts that are removed include the following: Off topic posts, posts that do not meet the board's rules and guidelines, and those posts that had 0-3 replies.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
* New stickie

TLLK

Blue Clover

The forum looks fantastic! I would like to thank the entire moderation team for working so hard on the Forum reorganization.

TLLK

There's more reorganization and clean up going on in this board-Royalty and Aristocracy Throughout History with the introduction of Royal Wedding threads for the British, Scandinavian, Mediterranean, and Benelux (Belgium, NL, Luxembourg) royal families.

Royalty & Aristocracy Throughout History

With the exception of a few recent British Royal Weddings 2018-Present, there were rarely any threads solely dedicated to any particular wedding. One notable exception was the Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle which did have a dedicated thread with Parts 1 and 2. Those threads have also been moved to that board.  The moderation/admin team has determined that it will be easier going forward to just have new stickied threads dedicated to those weddings from the past focusing on the 20th and 21st centuries.

I've added some information on as many of these royal weddings as possible. If you don't see your favorite, please be patient as it will be there soon.

Finally found an engagement ring thread that had gone missing.

http://www.royalinsight.net/forum/index.php?topic=92280.msg1497287#new

TLLK

With the BRF starting to plan and attend more group events in 2021 ie: Chelsea Flower Show, movie premiere, etc...  I wanted to remind everyone that we have a dedicated BRF group events thread now. It's considered a group event if it's two or more BRF members from different households ie Anne and Sophie at an engagement.  Please post about the group events in that thread.

British Royal Family group events for 2021 to present

TLLK

Please post any news and discussion regarding the Counselors of State for the British Monarchy in this newly expanded thread.

The role of the British Monarchy, Popularity and Future discussion