The Wales' Official Foreign Visits & Tours Part 2 Feb. 2022 to present

Started by TLLK, February 09, 2022, 01:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Spring 2024: The POW's in behalf of HM UK Government; Foreign and Trade will be visiting Italy, for now Rome.

Nightowl

Nice, that will be very interesting to see, Rome is one of my favorite cities that I have visited in Europe. Great memories of warm and friendly people.

sara8150

Kate Middleton and Prince William are set for a royal visit to Italy in the spring - and could meet Pope Francis in the Vatican | Daily Mail Online
We haven?t confirmed for visit pope at Vatican if pope?s health still worse we have wait and see till confirmed from Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace plus security team of William and Kate?s during trips but late Diana,Princess of Wales and Prince Charles before he become King Charles visit Italy in 1985 but haven?t confirmed from Vatican for visit pope Francis

PrincessOfPeace

Yes, the Pope is in ill health. It'll be worked out with diplomats

Curryong

Pope Francis has all sorts of mobility problems as well as other things. I?ve actually been expecting an announcement of his retirement at various points over the past two years, but he has battled on. He has been an excellent Pontiff imo. Quite progressive and forward thinking. If the Waleses are lucky enough to meet him then I?m sure they?ll find it interesting.

TLLK

I hope that Pope Francis will make a recovery but I  agree with @Curryong that a retirement announcement might be coming soon.

Hope that the Wales will be in Italy in the spring.  Catherine studied there during her gap year.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on December 23, 2023, 09:46:24 PM
Pope Francis has all sorts of mobility problems as well as other things. I?ve actually been expecting an announcement of his retirement at various points over the past two years, but he has battled on. He has been an excellent Pontiff imo. Quite progressive and forward thinking. If the Waleses are lucky enough to meet him then I?m sure they?ll find it interesting.

I?m agreed with you we have wait and see till confirmed from Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace plus Vactian for meet pope

FanDianaFancy

I donot think they will ever do a Commonwealth nation tour again.
America? Put a question mark on that too.