Prince George's Trip to Australia and New Zealand with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 07, 2014, 03:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

Obviously not.  He held him during the Christening.  But I'm surprised he, as yet, has not held him on this tour.  Kate is hogging him - can't say I blame her. I'd hog him too  :vday4:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

Just like mummy! Prince George's £75 dungarees sell out in a matter of hours

QuoteThe young royal was dressed in a cute pair of smocked dungarees as he visited a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge yesterday - and it seems they've now sold out.
More: Prince George's dungarees by Rachel Riley sell out in a matter of hours | Royal | News | Daily Express

cinrit

Uhhhh .... :hmm:

QuotePrince George's Body Language Spoke Volumes at His First Royal 'Meet and Greet' - and Every Movement Revealed a Baby Destined to be King, Says Body Language Expert

He may not yet be able to talk, but Prince George's body language spoke volumes at his first royal 'meet and greet': and every movement revealed a baby destined to be King.

As an expert on body language – I've written 26 books on the subject – I've been following the royal family for over 30 years and I have been riveted by these images of George.

Clearly a calm, extremely sociable and very self-confident baby, he's not just happy to be the centre of attention - he absolutely revels in it.

It's such a contrast to the images 31 years ago of the William's first tour of Australia. Although he was a month older than his son is now, his body language betrayed an underlying shyness and anxiety.

More: Prince George's body language revealed a baby destined to be King, says expert | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

William looked perfectly happy as a baby, of course in restrospect, one may attribute all one knows... What nonsense... George looks quite happy as well, and quite spoilt taking the other children's toys leaving the other children not so joyful while his mother smiles happily... William smiled a lot more than he though in pictures, George is more often grumpy but his statements on a canvas are quite a bizarre way of saying Kate and William are great parents and have a great marriage and William's parents were crappy and so forth...  :Lothwen: What is wrong with people...?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Jenee

Based on the article Cindy posted, George got his mom's personality.

Quote from: Mike on April 10, 2014, 02:31:07 AM
The prince, the play date and a small incident of theft - CNN.com

QuoteAmelia Howe was playing with a plastic block. George grabbed it, Amelia screamed, and Mr. and Mrs. Howe apologized to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Sad, isn't it? The parents feel the need to apologize for their baby just because George will be King someday. :no:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Princessinwaiting

QuoteClearly a calm, extremely sociable and very self-confident baby, he's not just happy to be the centre of attention - he absolutely revels in it.

More like a strong personality lol he's just a baby and that snarky article is already published  :wacko:

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George gets the ultimate souvenir picture supplement courtesy of the Daily mail

Twitter / hendopolis: DAILY MAIL: Monstrous cover-up ...

[mod] I've moved this to the appropriate thread. Let's keep all the 'Prince George on Tour' posts together. :flower: [/mod]

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Jenee on April 11, 2014, 05:24:41 PM

QuoteAmelia Howe was playing with a plastic block. George grabbed it, Amelia screamed, and Mr. and Mrs. Howe apologized to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Sad, isn't it? The parents feel the need to apologize for their baby just because George will be King someday. :no:

Yes it is sad.
Hopefully  K and /or  W  also apologized if thatn is something per protocol they  can  do.
If not, hopefully, they  said  a  funny  built-in quip  long the lines,  babies are babies  or  took it  from their son and gave  they  toy  to  the  baby who had  it  before.

Lothwen

Wait...they apologized for their child reacting to George taking her toy?

There's something seriously wrong with this picture :no:
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

robynrose

Limabeany

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 12, 2014, 01:50:50 AM

Yes it is sad.
Hopefully  K and /or  W  also apologized if thatn is something per protocol they  can  do.
If not, hopefully, they  said  a  funny  built-in quip  long the lines,  babies are babies  or  took it  from their son and gave  they  toy  to  the  baby who had  it  before.
Protocol doesn't keep them from apologizing, but they didn't even though George was taking the toys from all the kids there...  However, people are so impressed with being in the same room with anyone famous... :blank:

PrincessOfPeace

Limabeany

PrincessOfPeace

Jenee

Cute little bike shirt.

I understand that it's customary to give the royals gifts when they do a tour like this, but I wish the money would be spent in some other way. A donation to one of their charities, perhaps. Then I would be more comfortable in thinking that the expense of a tour like this actually did some good.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

I agree, Jenee.  The money would be much better served elsewhere.  I think people like to give flowers and gifts, though, because they feel it gives them a personal connection with the Royal.  On the other hand, I'm sure many of the gifts are given to hospitals, like flowers are, so they most likely do serve a purpose in the end.

Cindy

Mike

I know he'll be king some day, but is it typical to psychoanalyze an eight month old?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Lady Adams

Quote from: cinrit on April 12, 2014, 12:50:46 PM
I agree, Jenee.  The money would be much better served elsewhere.  I think people like to give flowers and gifts, though, because they feel it gives them a personal connection with the Royal.  On the other hand, I'm sure many of the gifts are given to hospitals, like flowers are, so they most likely do serve a purpose in the end.

Cindy
I agree with both of you. I do think the flowers are given to a hospital, but as I was watching the livestream, I was trying to think of what I'd bring if I went to a walkabout besides flowers. I finally settled on a local cookbook.  :shrug:

Quote from: Mike on April 12, 2014, 02:54:46 PM
I know he'll be king some day, but is it typical to psychoanalyze an eight month old?
No! It's a bit crazy, isn't it? :happy17:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

George is a typical baby, but because he's future King at the moment, everything he does is going to be looked at as "proof" he's "meant to be King" (at least by some people).
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

No, not unless the baby is spewing pea soup. :D 

Cindy

Limabeany

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cambridge reveals that the Prince doesn't enjoy eating his vegetables

QuotePrince George doesn't like eating his greens, the Duchess of Cambridge told children today, so she has to get them into his food by stealth.

During a visit to a children's hospice, Lee Thompson, 14, asked the Duchess if she ate all her vegetables.

She said: "The Duchess laughed and said she did, but it was a problem getting George to eat them. She said she and William had to mash up all his vegetables so he wouldn't notice."

The Duchess was visiting the Rainbow Hospice in Hamilton for her first solo engagement of the royal tour of New Zealand.

More: Royal Tour: Prince George won't eat his greens - Telegraph