Main Menu

Hello from France !

Started by Liquorice, June 29, 2011, 05:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquorice

I'm currently living in Normandy.
I'm 20, I'm finishing the classes préparatoires to become an engineer.
My favorite royal : It's Queen Hortense, or Hortense de Beauharnais, Queen Consort of Hollande for  4 years. She was NapolĂ©on Bonaparte's stepdaughter. I'm a fan of the Regency period... :hi:
I'm fond of ballet, history and politics.

cinrit

Welcome, Liquorice!  :flower3:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Princesse Grace

Liquorice

Thank you. Apparently, I've forgotten to mention I was also a Jane Austen fan... I find her novels very useful to understand customs in UK.
In France, aristocrats still exist but they have lost their social prestige and their estates... Nowadays, we live in meritocracy much like in the USA.

I joined this forum because I'm fed up with hearing French journalists (especially male journalists) raving about Pippa Middleton and her **s. I grant a lot of attention to "noble" and "traditional" values such as self-esteem, courage, altruism, decorum, work and so on despite my young age. I disagree with English and French journalists presenting this kind of girl as a model. That is why I want to discuss this with people who know well the topic.

WOW

Welcome to the forum Liquorice!!

mayfrayn

Welcome here, and I have to say I value virtues and monarchy as well.... :thumbsup:

Lindelle

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Lothwen

WELCOME!!! :hi:

I know, it can be frusturating having the media try to promote somebody just because of their physical attributes. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say about the royals
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Windsor

Welcome to the Royal ForuM!!

marine2109

Windsor

marine2109

Orchid

A very warm welcome to the forum, Liquorice :welcome:

I hope you enjoy your time with us!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil