Main Menu

Hi from America

Started by jmax, March 11, 2009, 06:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmax

Hello,
My name Jen and I live in the US.  Yeah, I'm an American, and Irish Catholic American to boot!  But, I was one of those people who were 'fans' (if that's the right term) of Princess Diana.  I can actually remember reading about the first time she was photographed holding a mirror up to see the press while hiding behind a tree.  Prior to that, I don't think I was really aware that Britian still had a royal family.

I'm afraid I haven't paid much attention to the Royal Family since Princess Diana died (they don't get much press here), but there was a recent TV show on about them on PBS and it piqued my curiosity. 

For the most part, I'm curious about the two princes and the Spencers, though, Princes Edward and Andrew have always been interesting as well.  I don't know how often I'll post, but I just wanted to introduce myself and say HI!

Emme

Hi Jmax and Many Welcomes to the Royal Forum! 

My name is Emme and I am an Irish American as well, though a few generations away from Ireland!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Enjoy your time posting! 

Jenee

Hi jmax and Welcome to the forum!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

brittanylala

jmax

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. 

And to Emme, I'm a few generations removed from the motherland as well, but was raised on stories of the potato famine, the evil of Britian, discrimination on arrival in the US and just general Irish greatness, which is why being a royal 'fan' is so ironic. 

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! :doublewave:

WOW

Welcome jmax  :welcome:

Scarlet Flowers

Welcome to the forum. :doublewave:
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Orchid

I'm rather late in welcoming you jmax, (I've been MIA for a while) but better late than never.  Hope you enjoy your time here!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

marine2109