Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelle0187

Quote from: Kinkade on January 08, 2017, 09:49:04 AM
I haven't commented in a while because it appears to me that only fangurling is allowed and any expression of opinion or reservation against Meghan and this whole "vacation relationship" is always equated to jealousy.

But I feel I have to speak up again because of the "^^these types of people == envy/jealous people" comment directed at those here who are merely expressing how they view Meghan.

Imo this thread should be temporarily closed because it is exactly what got the cress and chelsy threads closed last year. This thread has slowly become just that. Except there are more posters attacking others personally and not their opinion on the person we're talking about. If by any chance this happens to get locked temporarily, I sincerely hope no one loses it and starts leaving hateful messages in their inbox.

psm

I am surprised that we cannot have civilised discussion. I don't remember the old Cressida, Chelsy debates but this is silly. We should be free to express our opinions. So can we please stop the name calling and words to that effect?

No, India is not a jihadists hub, that is incorrect. In fact travelling in Europe may be more dangerous than travelling in India, barring some high tension arease, like border with Pakistan.

And the US government travel security advisory does not include India:

Alerts and Warnings

So if she really cancelled, it is because she wanted to cancel, which falls in line with my suspicion that charity was PR, now she's got a better tool.

Kinkadade - I've been bothered by the wannabe-Goop tendencies, and a little googling showed me that she does aspire to be the new goop. Gwyneth Paltrow is her idol. I find Gwyneth Platrow to be an insufferable fool with her out-of-touch advices and her dangerous alt medicine quackaries. So there you go...

While we are at it something else that bothers me, for someone who'd like to talk about her mixed heritage and the difficulties she's coped with, where are her comments on BLM movement? I follow a few politically active celebs on Twitter and they all post on BLM movement or when there is another police shooting of an innocent black man in the States. All my friends post their outrage. Where is hers? Or is it an issue that doesn't fit into the image she wants to create? Because like I've said so far my impression is that her charity is a PR tool. An actually politically and socially active person would have been more vocal on thornier issue, especially this past year.

And since back in the day Chelsy was criticized for it and so was Harry, her friendship circle seems be rather white. And believe me when I say that is hard to achieve in Toronto.

Valentina18

If harry and Meghan get engaged then that would be lovely, if not still lovely that he has found someone. I like that harry chose someone who has lived life on her terms and continuing to do so even while dating a royal.Her family on the markle side are money  hungry bringing out old photos and talking to the DM just to make a quick money.

Maria5583

I agree with PSM.

It's really hard to have mostly white friends in Toronto.

I live in Toronto. It's also really hard to achieve being followed by the paps here. But somehow Meghan has achieved this when she is perfectly coiffed going to yoga. In fact, Rachel McAdams lives in Toronto and there are few if any paps of her being followed here. But somehow Meghan achieves her. Do I have to mention that Meghan is no where in Rachel's league in fame? She's very fame hungry.

Lady Deb

MM is dating Prince H, it does not seem unreasonable to me that she has paps following her at times. I remember when Rachel McAdams was dating Ryan Gosling, she certainly was papped a lot then as they were 'our golden' couple at the time; local kids making it big etc.

I give to various charities whether they are celebrity endorsed or not, and I find no problem with celebrities using their name to associate to a cause. Even if it's all PR, at the end of the day if the celebrity has brought attention to something important that might otherwise get overlooked, I think that's good. I remember clicking through TV stations and suddenly heard one of my favourite Canadian singers, Sarah Maclachlan, so I stopped to watch the show and because of that ended up donating to a World Vision project. Sarah along with Meghan are part of World Vision's celebrity division that brings additional awareness to the charity, I say good for them. I think that in this world, support what you want, just because one is of a particular race, religion or whatever doesn't mean that it is mandatory for them to publicly support certain issues.

Yale

India is a jihadist hub and I am not debating this!!  Meghan did the right thing! And I am sure she spoke to Harry about this and that he urged to cancel it.

We are in an era of global terrorism! Now, disliking Meghan or expressing an opinion is one thing but wanting to put her safety at risk is taking things to a whole other level.

psm

Lady Deb - indeed when a celeb associates with a charity and brings light to it, regardless of the motivation, it is a good thing since as you've said it is good for the charity. However that doesn't mean I will admire the celebrity and praise her/him as a humanitarian or an activist. For the latter I need to see consistency and dedication. I've told that I was reserving my judgement and this trip cancellation has reinforced my opinion that for MM it's PR. However that doesn't take away from the fact that World Vision is getting publicity.

Yale, just because you call it, India does not become a jihadists hub. But of course you may believe whatever you prefer to, I try to base my beliefs on facts.

Except for celebrity gossip where facts tend to be scarse. :) I have to say love celebrity gossip, it is my guilty pleasure. And years of following celebrity gossip taught me a few things about celebrities. One of them I've already mentioned here, they are attention seeking and have big egos. Second is kind of a rule for celeb watchers: if a celebrity does not want to be photographed they don't get photographed. If they want to undercover, they go undercover. I do understand the extra attention MM attracts and the fact that people know where she lives. But if she prefers not be photographed, she can manage it, by changing her patterns, by using the back street of her house, etc. She doesn't do that and I believe that is because she likes it. People who like MM will make all kinds of excuses, I won't.

Still I think she is gorgeous with a great style. So if PH marries her, which I think is likely, at least we have the fashion p0rn to look forward to, granting they appear in public frequently, which I admit is unlikely because of Cambridges' light load. So it's not all bad.

wannable

Good points everyone. I wonder what are the things Harry likes about her? she seems to have some common, similar, poverty stricken charity things with him, it may be an animated discussion he never before had with his exes?

Yale

Quote from: wannable on January 08, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
Good points everyone. I wonder what are the things Harry likes about her? she seems to have some common, similar, poverty stricken charity things with him, it may be an animated discussion he never before had with his exes?

I think it's her strong desire to help people.

Duch_Luver_4ever

I rarely post here cause I just dont keep up on events enough on this, but it seems to me theres some debate over the timetable of their relationship starting. Now im not going to say timetables dont matter as a Diana fan, but if every girl that dropped a guy before dating a prince had to bow out, there'd be few suitors. Theres also the reverse, as well, cough, Dodi, cough!

I wonder if the outrage over what seems to be overt hypergamy is for virtue's sake or jealously.  :flower: :flower: :flower:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

SophieChloe

[gmod]Despite several attempts to put a stop to the personal attacks on this thread (there have been quite a few attacks and attempts) this thread is now locked for a cooling off period. [/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me