The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Interviews, TV and other media events Part 4

Started by TLLK, January 21, 2023, 12:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 04, 2023, 08:40:21 PM
That?s excellent. So glad you and the others enjoyed listening to the banter and the discussion on this really serious topic. A poster elsewhere was saying that as Dr Mate has been renowned expert on mental health issues for many years, he is a recipient of an Order of Canada.

Yes, it was great. When they first started, Dr. Mate was like "I don't care about the royal drama or the family or the melodrama and etc..." And it was funny because I saw a clip of someone from the BBC doing some news on it and she was like..."a lot of questions weren't asked, was he going to come to the coronation, is he talking to his father, his brother and step-mother and etc weren't mentioned." It made me laugh because if she watched the whole thing, she would know the Dr. Mate SAID, that wasn't his focus or concern. He didn't care about the all that glitters, he cared about the human experience.

But overall, it was a great talked. While Dr. Mate was understanding, he did challenge Harry on somethings. It was more like watching a therapy session instead of an interview.

It was said you weren't suppose to record but the BBC is airing clips...so maybe...people get to see. Either way, it was just an overall good event and someone said we can go back and watch so I'm going to do it again and take notes when I'm home and it's quiet because I had to watch it on the move.

sara8150

'Cautious' Duke 'was careful not to attack members of the Royal family' says Royal watcher | Daily Mail Online

'He's drained of all his feisty ginger life-blood': JULIE BURCHILL'S verdict on Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry talks to 'toxic trauma' expert Gabor Mate | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry extols the use of Class A drug in cosy chat with 'toxic trauma therapist' Gabor Mat? | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry says Meghan was 'from a different world' and she 'helped draw me out' of Royal life | Daily Mail Online

'Once you sign up, you do what you're told': Duke of Sussex tells of soldiers' views on Afghanistan | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry interview RECAP: Gabor Mate speaks to Duke | Daily Mail Online

Room used for Prince Harry's interview with Gabor Mat? boasts 'degree of informality' | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry tells toxic trauma expert that he's NOT 'a victim' nor 'looking for sympathy' | Daily Mail Online

Gabor Mate diagnoses Prince Harry with attention deficit disorder but tells him it CAN be cured | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry's 'exaggerated' gestures show he is 'desperate for his story to be heard', expert says | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry says he 'smothers' his children with love when discussing the royals' lack of hugging | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry tells trauma expert Gabor Mat? of struggles to be his 'authentic true self' growing up | Daily Mail Online

Harry opens up about drug use, saying marijuana 'really helped' but *** was 'a social thing' | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry opens up about being 'picked on' and having his nose broken on the rugby pitch at Eton | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry Answers Reader Question About Royal Life During Book Event

Prince Harry Says He Prioritizes Affection for Archie and Lilibet

Prince Harry Says Wife Meghan Markle 'Saved Me': 'I Was Stuck'

Prince Harry Says He Always Felt Different from Royal Family

Prince Harry and Gabor Mate: ADHD, Archie and Lilibet and drug revelations - all the key moments from 'intimate' talk | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64850024

Prince Harry: 'I always felt different to the rest of my family... and my mum felt the same' | UK News | Sky News

Prince Harry's 'intimate conversation' felt more like watching a therapy session - and it cost us ?17.99 each | UK News | Sky News

Prince Harry says some British soldiers did not ?necessarily agree? with war in Afghanistan | Prince Harry | The Guardian

Prince Harry gushes over Meghan and says she's an 'exceptional human being' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry shields Archie and Lilibet from his childhood trauma | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry diagnosed with new condition during live interview with therapist Gabor Mat? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry insists he's performing 'an act of service' for others in tell-all interviews | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry says 'huge weight is off my shoulders' after publishing Spare | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry hopes his openness will break harmful stereotypes of men's mental health | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1742393/prince-harry-interview-broken-home-army-career

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1742304/prince-harry-news-interview-gabor-mate-trauma

changemhysoul

Still slightly jarring to see that many headlines.

Still, that first daily mail one is funny. Harry isn't talking deeper about the members of his family because the man he's speaking too isn't interested in any of that, not because he's worried about being written out of the coronation. They already told us he was written out.

Curryong

Of course the Fail had to put into the first paragraph on the front page of this latest Harry story that he ?was promoting Spare?. Nowhere in the promotional material for this event with Dr Mate does it state that he and the doctor were going to talk about the book. And Harry and Dr Mate made it clear as well. The project was a talk between the two men on issues surrounding mental health and various therapies that could help. But of course this rag can never report anything correctly if it has a vendetta against a principal!

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on March 04, 2023, 08:35:40 PM
Yes, he may well have done that, but that was just guesswork on behalf of the media, and most of it was earmarked for the running of the Royal Foundation offices and later of the Sussexes? office anyway. And as William had three children and Harry only one at that time, the portion .
If Charles' accounts are publicised how is it guesswork?

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 05, 2023, 09:28:51 AM
If Charles' accounts are publicised how is it guesswork?

In the Duchy accounts which were published each year in July, the accounts showed four and a half million per year was allocated to Prince William (and family) and Prince Harry (and, after he married, to his family,) for their Foundation/Office and their household expenses.

It didn?t state who got what. It just showed the total amount. It did not say two million went to Prince Harry and two and a half million went to Prince William or vice versa. It just said four and a half million to his sons, and that was it.

Amabel2

That's not guesswork, to me.  It states clearly that money was given to the boys which I understand is to help with their work and living expenses.  I suppose H will now be saying htat Will got 4.4 million and he only got a slice of toast and a few hundred pounds.
But I'd imagine that the money was divided equitably, perhaps H got less because he only had 1 child but I very much doubt if there was a massive difference in the money paid to them.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 05, 2023, 11:45:32 AM
That's not guesswork, to me.  It states clearly that money was given to the boys which I understand is to help with their work and living expenses.  I suppose H will now be saying htat Will got 4.4 million and he only got a slice of toast and a few hundred pounds.
But I'd imagine that the money was divided equitably, perhaps H got less because he only had 1 child but I very much doubt if there was a massive difference in the money paid to them.

Harry isn?t complaining about anything to do with that stupid illustration in the Fail about his expenses and perks. I was just pointing out the guesswork and anomalies in it.

.The Daily Mail guessed at the amount Harry got from Duchy accounts because, however much we may reason it out that Charles did divide the money equally it is not stated as so in the yearly accounts. Therefore it was a guess. I?m not saying whether he did or didn?t divide everything equally, but the fact is the Duchy accounts do not say so.

You could just as logically make an argument that William got more because there were many more Royal Foundation staff at KP that had to be paid from that money than the number of aides the Sussexes employed at BP. And that money was clearly  to be used to run the offices at KP.

It could be stated that the Cambridges? running expenses for Amner and the KP apartment in terms of heating and cooling costs (gas, water, electricity, phone) were much more that the Sussexes had to pay out for at FC.

You could say that they employed more domestic staff in their homes than the Sussexes did in their one house. One could say that Kate?s wardrobe had to be more extensive than Meghan?s in terms of evening gowns for official engagements etc. The Cambridges had school fee expenses for George while the Sussexes had none, and so it could go on.

We just don?t know how Charles apportioned this allowance. And neither does the Fail.

Amabel2

As I said, Im sure Charles divided it equitably,  that doesnt mean equally but reasonably and proporitionally to the needs of each son

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 05, 2023, 12:34:51 PM
As I said, Im sure Charles divided it equitably,  that doesnt mean equally but reasonably and proporitionally to the needs of each son

Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn?t. We simply do not know. And the Fail obviously doesn?t know anything either, or they wouldn?t have made such boo-boos.  And it?s a moot point now anyway as they are now both off his hands. William at forty with the Duchy money and Harry at 36 from 2020 onwards with financial independence.

Amabel2

William is the future King.  he is no different to any other royal heir, he lives on money from his own estate, Duchy of Cornwall and partly on money from the state.  Harry's financial independence has come at the cost of insulting hs family and making up things about them.

changemhysoul

Hey, when you continuously leak his information or sit back idlily while it happens, I think everything is fair game.

That being said, I doubt money was given to them equally. Just for a the simple fact that when William got married, his expenses would naturally go up. As they would when he then got had kids, then more more depending on the number of kids, the number of homes and etc.

Harry had been single, some dating but not marriage. My financed things from their home off Meghan's credit card at the start. In fact, not guess work but in Spare Harry mentions that money given to him were for clothes for official duties. And when Harry and Meghan left, when the finical reports came out, there was barely a dip in expenses when you think about the fact that the line that the Sussex's were costing so much was being pushed.

Inherently, there was no treating them equally. As pointed out, William is the heir, more resources were going to go him naturally.

Either way, the fail still can't say how it was divided because they don't know.

wannable

The Daily Mail illustration is accurate, the moneys mentioned '2019' is based on financial statements that are available for the public from Duchy of Cornwall, Ministry of Defence UK, Diana's last will and testament published 2nd May 1998.

The ''equity'' with Prince William in reference to 'the Duchy of Cornwall WAS equal to that of the Duke of Sussex, BUT it changed 8th September 2022, when the Queen passed away.  Also William's RAF/EAAA is different to Harry's Army salary.

Cash in bank can/may be equitable, assets not as in Inheritance Tax.

Amabel2

really cant follow you. I said that the money was almost certianly divided proportionally. But H has repeatedly claimed in his book that William got more than he did and he clearly is angry about this.  WIll got a bigger bed, an extra sausage and so on.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 05, 2023, 01:52:49 PM
The Daily Mail illustration is accurate, the moneys mentioned '2019' is based on financial statements that are available for the public from Duchy of Cornwall, Ministry of Defence UK, Diana's last will and testament published 2nd May 1998.

The ''equity'' with Prince William in reference to 'the Duchy of Cornwall changed 8th September 2022, when the Queen passed away. different to Harry' Also William's RAF/EAAA is different to Harry's Army salary.

Considering that William donated all of his EAAA salary back to the charity, I'd say that it's definitely different.

wannable

^^The bigger bed, the sausage is just ridiculous, no wonder he is mentally ill.

IMO his therapists including this latest interview Doctor are only interested in making money out of him.  Harry during the session said he had a great childhood, the Doc corrected him reminding him about Divorce parents, Death of a Parent, Harry changed his tune right there....waiting for the media, especially psychologist journalists to pick on this.

^By donating his salary no tax deduction.

Amabel2

what do you mean no wonder he is mentally ill?  Are you suggesting that he became ill through getting less than his brother?

wannable

Part of it, the whole bits and pieces put together = mentally ill.  There never is just 1 item, it has to be several issues.

Amabel2

really can't follow this.    We dont know enough about Harry's childhood and past to work out why he has become mentally ill..  but i doubt if getting one less sausage has anything to do iwht it.

Curryong

The Daily Fail illustration asserted that Diana left Harry 30 million pounds. So that is inaccurate for a start!

From The Independent.

Diana left an estate of ?21m, but more than ?8m was paid in inheritance tax, leaving ?12,966,022, according to the Press Association.

It was split equally between William and younger brother Harry, who were aged 15 and 12 when Diana died in a Paris car crash in 1997.

The money was invested by royal advisers, which saw its value rise to around ?20m by the time her sons reached the age when they could access it.

Changes agreed to the will in December 1997 meant that, upon reaching 25, William and Harry were entitled to the whole of the income of their share.

How much did Diana leave in inheritance for Harry? | The Independent

wannable

It is accurate, accumulated back interests for a huge number of years without touching the cash increases moneys. Bank deed of trusts for example in a bank (contract to not touch the money say for 20 years, you can easily increase that money from 21 to 30). 

I HAD one from my dad, it is hard not to touch, several of us did not touch, surely feels great when the 10 year contract expired.  All banks have deed of trust contract, the clause of breaking it, the individual cannot make a new contract. 

Anyway, we are talking about two minor children, when they reached the majority of age, they honored it and didn't touch it until the age which was requested/suggested by the parent.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on March 05, 2023, 02:14:09 PM
It is accurate, accumulated back interests for a huge number of years without touching the cash increases moneys. Bank deed of trusts for example in a bank (contract to not touch the money say for 20 years, you can easily increase that money from 21 to 30). 

I HAD one from my dad, it is hard not to touch, several of us did not touch, surely feels great when the 10 year contract expired.  All banks have deed of trust contract, the clause of breaking it, the individual cannot make a new contract. 

Anyway, we are talking about two minor children, when they reached the majority of age, they honored it and didn't touch it until the age which was requested/suggested by the parent.

The DM illustration had Harry inheriting 30 million from Diana. So, according to that, William didn?t get a share! Even if the entire sum that was left was increased to 30 million with investments by the time Harry was 25, which I personally doubt, he wouldn?t be getting the entire inheritance.

wannable

The illustration is about Harry.

The Daily Mail would need to make a 'separate' illustration of William with public financial statement availability as I mentioned with the noted differences of DOC, MOD and Commercial EAAA, including the 8th Sept 2022, death of HMQEII, 'God Save the King' makes a automatic domino effect, specifically speaking about this subject William and the DOC.