The Italian Royals: Savoy, Aosta, Two Scilies News and general discussion

Started by Jennifer, August 04, 2016, 11:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Vittoria of Savoy!   

:xmas26: :xmas26: :xmas26: :xmas26:

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Crown Prince Vittorio Emmanuele was one of the least  popular of the non-reigning heads of royal families.  He and his cousin the late Duke of Aosta got into a fist fight at the wedding reception for Felipe and Letizia.  Relatives had to physically separate the pair. Reportedly Juan  Carlos was heard telling them "Never again " would they be invited to a royal event.

Curryong

Yes I remember that. He was certainly a hothead, and of course VE?s claims to be head of the royal house were hotly disputed by the Duke of Acosta. However a fist fight at a wedding was among the least of his misdemeanours which includes anti-Semitic remarks about Italy?s racial laws in the late 1930s, though he did belatedly apologise.

Vittorio Emmanuel must be quite unique in royal circles for having been charged and gone to trial in two different countries, and imo he was lucky to get off the murder charges, considering what happened.

From wiki
?On several occasions, he was the centre of controversy in Italy and abroad due to a series of incidents, including remarks that were seen by some as antisemitic. He was revealed to be a member of Propaganda Due (P2), the state within a state responsible for high-level corruption and political manipulation.[4] In France he was tried on a murder charge, of which he was cleared of unlawful killing but convicted of a firearms offence. On 16 June 2006, following an investigation started by John Woodcock of the Public Prosecutor's Office in Potenza, Italy, Vittorio Emanuele was arrested on charges of criminal association, racketeering, conspiracy, corruption, and exploitation of prostitution.[5] A trial on these charges began in Potenza, Italy, on 21 December 2009. Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia was acquitted of all charges in 2007 and 2010.[6][7]

TLLK

His heir Prince Emanuele Filberto has stated that he will abdicate his role as Head of the Savoy house in favor of his eldest daughter when she is ready.  I expect  that this will not  be soon though.

LouisFerdinand

If Emanuele Filiberto was the King of Italy, would his regnal name be Emanuele Filiberto I?

PrincessOfPeace

A wedding of Spanish descendants of Bourbon - Two Sicilles

Photo by photo: all the guests at the wedding of José Luis Martínez-Almeida and Teresa Urquijo -

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/galeria/20240406252025/invitados-boda-jose-luis-martines-almeida-teresa-urquijo/1/

PrincessOfPeace

Teresa Urquijo, 28, granddaughter of Princess Teresa of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, marries the Mayor of Madrid, 48, in a glittering ceremony with royal attendees -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13287171/Teresa-Urquijo-married-madrid-Jos-Luis-Mart-nez-Almeida.html

PrincessOfPeace

Blue Clover

Princesses Maria Carolina, 20, and Maria Chiara of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, 19, are very pretty.

Curryong

Quote from: Blue Clover on April 15, 2024, 12:17:54 AMPrincesses Maria Carolina, 20, and Maria Chiara of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, 19, are very pretty.

Chiara was busy batting off rumours about herself and CP Christian of Denmark last year. They were snapped together at Monaco last summer and apparently saw each other on a few occasions since. She did chat about him on her IG in passing occasionally at that time but they are just good friends.

Blue Clover

@
Quote from: Curryong on April 15, 2024, 10:07:36 AMChiara was busy batting off rumours about herself and CP Christian of Denmark last year. They were snapped together at Monaco last summer and have seen each other occasionally since. She did chat about him on her IG in passing occasionally at that time but they are just good friends.

I remember that! I get Mrs. Bennett vibes from the mother. If they want a Prince, I hope they find one and live happily ever after.