The Education and preparation of the Wales Children

Started by TLLK, March 24, 2017, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

From what we've seen the Cambridges like to just fit in like all the other parents. I'm sure the security is low profile.

sara8150

Prince William and Kate Middleton drop off George, Charlotte and Louis at new school | Daily Mail Online

Prince Louis, 4, followed in Princess Charlotte's footsteps on his first day at school  | Daily Mail Online

George, 9, Charlotte, 7, and Louis, 4, shake hands with headmaster on their way into Lambrook | Daily Mail Online

Inside George, Charlotte and Louis' new ?50k-a-year prep school | Daily Mail Online

Why Prince George Is Wearing Shorts in First Day of School Photos

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis Start New School: Photos

Kate Middleton Debuts New Haircut for Fall

Here's what happened on Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis' first day of school | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62825227

Smiling William and Kate take 'all the gang' to settle into new school - and even Louis behaved | UK News | Sky News

George, Charlotte and Louis back to school: Kate and William drop children off - PICTURES | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-09-07/cambridge-children-start-new-school-together-after-move-from-kensington-palace

William, Kate and 'excited' Cambridge kids head off for first day of new school - Mirror Online

Prince William's classic reaction to his kids starting school relatable to all parents - Mirror Online

Prince William's sweet nickname for George, Charlotte and Louis on first day of school - Mirror Online

Prince William's sweet gesture to son Louis ahead of prince's first day at school - Mirror Online

George, Charlotte & Louis all smiles at new ?7k-a-term school as William and Kate join them for 'settling-in session' | The Sun

TLLK

The decision to have the official photos and video taken on the day before the term starts was a wise and considerate idea. Other families will not be impacted and the public has an opportunity to see the Cambridge children begin their time at Lambrook.

FanDianaFancy

William, in spite of his vast riches, position in his life, he has what no position or money can buy.  That is he has three healthy children to raise, a family of his own, and a good, solid, strong partner, help mate in Catherine.

Princess Cassandra

Little doubt that they will all be tall, but I suspect Louis is going to be extraordinarily so.  He doesn't even look like a four-year-old, and has grown noticeably since the Jubilee celebrations. 

Nightowl

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on September 07, 2022, 11:06:30 PM
William, in spite of his vast riches, position in his life, he has what no position or money can buy.  That is he has three healthy children to raise, a family of his own, and a good, solid, strong partner, help mate in Catherine.

That is a brilliant observation, I also think William is a strong minded man who suffers no fools like his grandmother and Aunt Anne. William has learned royal lessons at the knees of HM all his life, tea with granny on Sundays I bet are lessons he will never forget.  He seems like he has his morals and reputation right on course.  I also believe Catherine is helped him through time in finding his way, she is one tough lady who understands the monarchy and the heritage of the country.  Wishing them all the very best in life. 

TLLK

Lambrook's Michelmas half-term begins tomorrow with students returning on Oct. 31st.

Term Dates - Lambrook

TLLK

I agree @Princess Cassandra. They just started the Michaelmas (fall) term on Sept. 8, 2022.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on October 14, 2022, 12:48:52 PM
I agree @Princess Cassandra. They just started the Michaelmas (fall) term on Sept. 8, 2022.
If they have boarders there, that explains the # of breaks.  The young boarding students will not be away from home for as many weeks as in schools for older students (public schools). 
PS: Here in New England our "Michaelmas Daisies" are in full bloom all over the countryside. 

wannable

Half term break. 

The Waleses are possibly at Amner Hall, Sandringham.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on October 25, 2022, 12:29:15 PM
Half term break. 

The Waleses are possibly at Amner Hall, Sandringham.
That would certainly make sense, given their love of the countryside and the seashore, and I wonder if the King is still there.

TLLK

@Princess Cassandra -The King is now back in London to accept the resignation of former PM Liz Truss and greet the incoming PM Rishi Sunak.

Lambrook's half term break ends on Monday 10/31/22 so students will be returning very soon.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on October 25, 2022, 08:32:56 PM
@Princess Cassandra -The King is now back in London to accept the resignation of former PM Liz Truss and greet the incoming PM Rishi Sunak.

Lambrook's half term break ends on Monday 10/31/22 so students will be returning very soon.
Oh yes, that's right! Perhaps they may have seen him while he made that quick visit. I hope so - William said a few years ago that Charles is a wonderful grandfather, but he wished he would slow down so he could see them more. I guess that won't be happening soon, but if they can catch whatever snippets they can....

wannable

Catherine and the 3 children were spotted today at Sainsbury's near Windsor Castle, 1 bodyguard, lots of shoppers, she used the self checkout machine with Halloween costums although the UK Citizen who specified called the costumes for the ancient Celtic Festival rather than the USA 'Halloween' word. She was in a black polo, Charlotte in a checkered skirt.

wannable

^Probably this Saturday or Sunday the Cambridges, Mathews, Middletons (James, Alizee) will be at Michael and Carole's home.

Clue: Carole said she usually prepares pumpkin/halloween party with the entire family.

wannable

The Times:
The couple flew back home overnight on Friday, and after being reunited with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis on Saturday morning, they made a family jaunt to the Christmas fair fundraiser at the children?s school, Lambrook

Roya Nikkha

Some fans are angry she mentioned the family activity.

Lambrook school has protected their twitter.

Given the ongoing online harassment of the Wales children by the Sussex Squad, including directing de@th threats to them, why is it necessary to tag their school in this report?

TLLK

It's all part of the challenging balancing act of reporting on the Wales' royal duties and the  family's private activities with their children. It was likely that the news that the family had attended the fundraiser would make it to social media, so I guess Roya chose to go ahead and share it. Unfortunately any school that the Wales children attended would know that their own social media accounts would have to be protected.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 04, 2022, 01:57:03 PM
It's all part of the challenging balancing act of reporting on the Wales' royal duties and the  family's private activities with their children. It was likely that the news that the family had attended the fundraiser would make it to social media, so I guess Roya chose to go ahead and share it. Unfortunately any school that the Wales children attended would know that their own social media accounts would have to be protected.
Agree, TLLK, and I'm sure that part of the decision was that the event meant so much to the children and they didn't want such an important event for the children to receive inaccurate or misleading reporting. 

wannable

I thought sharing the news in her 'article' is okay. What I gather from her tweet placing the @lambrookschool, mentioning the school event with the Wales family produced the school to protect their own account due to the usual fight between Wales/Sussex supporters.  Both sides fans DO have extremists that wish ill.

Also to be fair, who follows the school? Their base are parents and students. They had their Christmas fair tweeted a week ago, Roya noted it (the only RR to note it) had someone at the lookout, boom, added it to her late article, published, then she tweeted it 'copying' the twitter handle of the school, which then they immediately locked for only members and followers (you can actually cherrypick who can read your tweets, etc).

Princess Cassandra

Anyway, it's good that it didn't turn into a negative publicity event. What a shame that would be for the children and the school.

TLLK

Half term for the Wales children and their classmates at Ladbrook School began yesterday and school resumes on Feb. 20th.

Term Dates - Lambrook