The BRF during COVID 19 lockdown March 2020-2021

Started by wannable, March 19, 2020, 04:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Queen leaves London: Monarch, 93, heads to Windsor Castle to reunite with Prince Philip after he was helicoptered from Sandringham - amid claims Prince William could step in to her role rather than Prince Charles, 71
Coronavirus UK: Prince Philip flown by helicopter to join Queen | Daily Mail Online

Possible and highly likely 4 month quarantine IF the virus is not controlled
Prince Phillip has joined the Queen +90s
Charles and Camilla are in isolation too + 70s

Perhaps William will very likely cover the legal committments

wannable

Perfectly well written, it couldn't be clearer.  She says days, weeks or even months.  That her family IS prepared to do what needs to be done.... :clap: :happyuk: :crown:

TLLK

QuoteAs Philip and I arrive at Windsor today, we know that many individuals and families across the United Kingdom, and around the world, are entering a period of great concern and uncertainty.

We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them.

At times such as these, I am reminded that our nation?s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one, concentrating our combined efforts with a focus on the common goal.

We are enormously thankful for the expertise and commitment of our scientists, medical practitioners and emergency and public services; but now more than any time in our recent past, we all have a vitally important part to play as individuals - today and in the coming days, weeks and months.

Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe. I am certain we are up to that challenge. You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part.

ELIZABETH R
:Jen:

sandy

anybody can contract it. Young children, people around William's age. One can't go by percentages with this relatively new virus. William is heir to heir and should not risk it.  Playing percentages is not always the answer especially with such a severe pandemic. If he got it and was asymptomatic he could bring it home to Kate and the children and one or more might actually get sick from it.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 19, 2020, 05:22:57 PM
Official WHO

This is the latest report, hence William has less percentage than his elderly grandmother and parent.

Thank you for sharing the official information from the World Health Organization @wannable. Personally I have found that reading the factual information has helped me to keep my sanity.
While everyone should take precautions no matter what age by social distancing which is occurring now with school aged children since all UK schools are set to close and switch to remote learning, it is a relief to see that healthy younger children, teens and those under the age of sixty  have been at the lower end of the risk level.  :thumbsup:Those healthy young people who choose not practice social distancing are in danger of becoming the transmitters of the virus or victims themselves.  <_< For these reasons this is why thousands of university students across the world are now going online for their learning and returning to their homes and my daughter is one of those students. High schools like their middle/elementary institutions are now closed and unfortunately might not open again before graduation which will personally affect my son.  :( In some nations, states and cities, we've seen the closure of bars, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, etc..music festivals are cancelled/postponed. Sporting events are cancelled for the near future as are amusement parks. Anything that would have drawn a crowd.

So by setting an example by isolating themselves the older working members of the Firm: QEII, PoW, DssoC, the Gloucesters and Kents are doing their part IMO.
Until then the Cambridges, the Wessexes and until her birthday-the Princess Royal are going to be the speculated public face while practicing the recommended social distancing.

The reigning Prince Albert of Monaco is the first reigning royal to announce that he's tested positive for COVID 19.
Among non-reigning royals the head of the Hapsburg family AD Karl is also positive and is recuperating at home in Austria. 

Second royal tests positive for coronavirus - details | HELLO!(direct)&utm_medium=(none)&utm_campaign=notificaciones

sandy

Everyone is advised to take precautions. NOt just a certain age group. William is no different, there was a news item where three family members caught it, one was seriously hit the others had mild symptoms. Sophie is middle aged now and not a young woman anymore. If they want to take the risk and play the percentages, I think that is highly risky. The statistics takers were surprised at the rising number of younger people hit by the virus. THe Princess Royal is two years younger than the Prince of wales so I think it would be foolhardy for her to try to be the "face" of the monarchy.

TLLK

Yes as I referenced in my post that all should take precautions and that is what the BRF are currently doing. I'm confused by how you believe that they're not taking precautions.  :unsure:
1. QEII held her weekly meeting with the PM via telephone.
2. Duke of Cambridge's message was televised and not in front of an audience.
3. Edward held a video chat for his recent engagement rather than a face to face meeting.
4. School age children in the UK will be learning at home so this includes HM's two grandchildren and five great-grandchildren who are currently enrolled in school.
5. The older members of the BRF QEII, PoW/DssoC, Gloucesters, and Kents who are over seventy are staying at home as recommended for the senior citizens.
6. The Queen's diary has more or less been cleared of any events that would see a sizeable gathering.

Could you please cite examples of where they're not doing so?

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on March 20, 2020, 12:47:10 AM
Yes as I referenced in my post that all should take precautions and that is what the BRF are currently doing. I'm confused by how you believe that they're not taking precautions.  :unsure:
1. QEII held her weekly meeting with the PM via telephone.
2. Duke of Cambridge's message was televised and not in front of an audience.
3. Edward held a video chat for his recent engagement rather than a face to face meeting.
4. School age children in the UK will be learning at home so this includes HM's two grandchildren and five great-grandchildren who are currently enrolled in school.
5. The older members of the BRF QEII, PoW/DssoC, Gloucesters, and Kents who are over seventy are staying at home as recommended for the senior citizens.
6. The Queen's diary has more or less been cleared of any events that would see a sizeable gathering.

Could you please cite examples of where they're not doing so?
and the queen has moved to WIndsor with Philip.  I am sure that Will and Kate will be able to work out how best to adapt their job so that they don't run unnecessary risks or put others at risk. 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 20, 2020, 01:06:35 AM
and the queen has moved to WIndsor with Philip.  I am sure that Will and Kate will be able to work out how best to adapt their job so that they don't run unnecessary risks or put others at risk.
I'm so glad the D of E flew to Windsor today. He has been under the radar so much lately it was easy to think he was planning to stay at Wood Farm on a permanent basis. I'm sure it is comforting for the Queen to have him at Windsor. She will now have an unexpected rest from engagements. I just hope she didn't contract the virus during the last two weeks.

wannable

Extract from Richard Kay

Now she is safely reunited with her beloved Philip, it is time for others in the family to step up. Both Charles and William will have roles to play in the days ahead.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on March 20, 2020, 01:57:14 PM
AFAIK no one here has stated that she is "through" as the monarch, but for the present HM like many other British senior citizens is isolating at home with the DoE,  so she is definitely through with public engagements for now. Issuing a public statement remotely was the best and safest choice IMO.
She's going to have to stay at WIndsor till this is all over.. and Philip too...

TLLK

Reportedly the ceremonial portion of the BP/WC Changing of the Guards ceremony is halted to prevent crowds gathering. Another sensible and reasonable decision to try and halt the spread of the virus.

Queen scales back Changing of the Guard due to coronavirus threat | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe traditional 'Changing of the Guard' ceremonies at Queen Elizabeth's palaces in London and Windsor Castle which usually attract crowds of tourists have been changed until further notice, Buckingham Palace said on Friday.

The decision comes after the government advised Britons to avoid any mass gatherings to help curb the spread of coronavirus.

The famous ceremony sees The Queen's Guard handing over responsibility for protecting Buckingham Palace and St James's Palace to the New Guard, usually involving soldiers in scarlet tunics and bearskin hats parading with an army band through central London.

According to an army source, the ceremony is being 'scaled back' with the removal of all the 'pomp and ceremony' such as the band, the music and the whistles. The source said the decision was made in line with the government's coronavirus guidelines.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 01:04:26 PM
The Queen is not sick she issued a statement. She is not "through".
She is definitely not sick now, and hopefully she is not incubating the disease. Although she wore gloves and no doubt everyone took extra precautions while she was out and about, she maintained her schedule up until about a week ago and met a lot of people. I don't think she contracted the virus, but you never know. It's a relief to me (and probably almost everyone else) that she is at Windsor with a small staff, lots of opportunities for fresh air and outdoor exercise (she is known to walk her dogs at Frogmore) and spending Easter where she always does.

Double post auto-merged: March 20, 2020, 02:33:56 PM

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 20, 2020, 01:59:48 PM
She's going to have to stay at WIndsor till this is all over.. and Philip too...
And that's great, as they love to be there.  I hope the POW and DofC are doing the same at Highgrove.

sandy

wannable

Precaution is key, it takes 14 days to incubate the virus, hence the reports of famous people have been i.e. Albert of Monaco met Prince Charles 9 days ago, and so on all the stories. The people who have died, their lungs shut down, basically frozen, can't breath, it automatically stops all the other organs.

The WHO, CDC, etc. official people, official authorities require people to trace who they were with, IF someone in the who you met with has been diagnosed as Positive Covid19.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 02:44:24 PM
All of them should avoid appearances now.
Which appears to be what the working members of the Firm are doing now with the over-seventies taking the most stringent precautions like all seniors around the world are advised to do.

PrincessOfPeace

sandy

Beatrice, Kate, and William need to stay in as much as possible The can't "step in" and put themselves at risk.

TLLK

An interesting article regarding the current Councillors of State and the role that they'd play should HM the Queen require them to "step in". Three are no longer working royals and two are over seventy.  Also it includes a little history on past CoS from the past.

The five royals who can carry out the duties of the monarch should The Queen become ill with coronavirus ? Royal Central

QuoteIn many European countries, in the absence of the monarch, another member of The Royal Family becomes regent. In Denmark, for example, when Queen Margrethe is out of the country or is otherwise incapacitated, the Crown Prince often acts as temporary monarch.

However, in the United Kingdom, the system is strikingly different. Should the monarch become ill with a short-term illness, two or more members of The Royal Family can stand in for her.

This is particularly relevant in the current climate, with Her Majesty potentially looking at being quarantined for a period of up to four months due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The royals who can act as a substitute to The Queen are known as Counsellors of State who are high-ranking members of the Royal Family.

The Counsellors can carry out most functions of the Crown, such as attending Privy Council meetings and signing documents on behalf of the monarch.

They cannot, however, dissolve Parliament without The Queen?s permission, appoint a Prime Minister, deal with Commonwealth matters or create peerages.

The current Counsellors of State are the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York.[/quote]

QuoteTwo or more Councillors of State must be presiding at any one time, which may pose a problem should the sovereign require assistance in the immediate future.

The Prince of Wales is 71-years-old, which means he may also have to be quarantined, as is also the case with the 98-year-old Duke of Edinburgh.

The Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York are no longer working royals. This does not mean they cannot act as Councillors of State, although it will no doubt prove controversial.

This leaves the Duke of Cambridge as the only Councillor who is a working royal and is likely to remain out of quarantine should the government advise all over 70s to isolate.

The Counsellors of State are made up of the consort of The Queen and the first four people in the line of succession meeting the qualifications.

Those who are chosen must have reached the age of twenty-one, although the heir to the throne becomes qualified when they reach eighteen.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 10:59:22 PM
Beatrice, Kate, and William need to stay in as much as possible The can't "step in" and put themselves at risk.

If they can't, who can?   

Princess Cassandra

It's all unprecedented - totally new territory. There are some duties related to the running of government that cannot be avoided, but that's not the same as public engagements, which (AFAIK) have been cancelled or postponed. Many meetings can now be done through technology, and the POW and the D of Cambridge might (only they know for sure) be better able to undertake them than the Queen. From the RF history we know that everything will be done conscientiously and responsibly. In these uncertain times I'm pretty sure it will help keep up the public morale if they know that the Queen, the DofE and their heirs are not in danger.

Princess Cassandra

She said what needed to be said. We are all sacrificing the  freedom to go about as we please as we need to do, just as she is. It can be done and I guess it's up to us all as to how temporary the situation is. Here in the States we've been told the worst lies ahead.