British Royal Family group events for 2018 to present

Started by TLLK, May 14, 2018, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on May 23, 2018, 05:39:29 PM
The concept of the garden party is exactly the same to all the BP garden parties (meet and greet, small talk chit chat walk around), the only difference is the Theme of this one, that's it. But you are making it out as if this is more special and not fluffy.  Meghan will be participating in fluffy events too. Like it or not.

I am curious to why H&M were dispatched by the POW so quickly though? They spent only 30 minutes and bye bye.
I can only imagine the vast amount of prep work that the royal kitchens must be tasked with so that everyone has their tea, scone, fruit etc.. Meghan will have many more years to meet and greet the public at the annual BP garden parties. This was a great "first official engagement" for the new Duchess of Sussex.  :)

Here is video of the PoW/DoC saying good bye to the D/DoSus .

Prince Harry and Meghan greet guests at Prince Charles' 70th birthday - YouTube Meghan received a sweet little gift from a guest.

royalanthropologist

It is always nice to see the BRF being portrayed as a proper family, not the dysfunctional caricature that the tabloids like so much. I thought all four of them were rather sweet to each other...and in that vein I refuse to believe the Debbie Downers who are now telling us it is all for show. I am sure if C,C,H and M were scowling (even in a single frame), some people here would jump on it as proof that they hated each other. However, now that they are smiling and positive...those very same people are telling us that it is nothing but a garden party for show :teehee:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

Still wondering what caused and why the uncomfortable situation the public and video of how H&M were dispatched off the premises of the BP Garden Party, first time I see something of the sort, and topped with MM un-royal catwalk.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: wannable on May 24, 2018, 07:10:51 PM
Still wondering what caused and why the uncomfortable situation the public and video of how H&M were dispatched off the premises of the BP Garden Party, first time I see something of the sort, and topped with MM un-royal catwalk.

Meggie might have to learn to change her walk.
Why the short time at BP GardenParty?

Maybe PH was really stung by that bee. Maybe it did not just buzz by and close to him. Maybe he needed to get med assistance for it. Meggie rubbed or held his back as they walked up he steps.

Curryong

They weren't 'despatched off the premises'. They were at the garden party for about 40 minutes (which they would have known about.) It wasn't their garden party, the couple were present so that Harry could deliver a speech and they could meet and greet a few people and then go. That was the arrangement.

40 minutes is about the length of many Royal engagements, including ones performed by Anne, Kate, William, Sophie etc. On their next engagement they'll probably stay longer and then you can criticise that.

FanDianaFancy

I was not being critical. I did not know the length of time that they stayed.

TLLK

Posting all events in QEII's forum even if she is not present.

Event number one: 11/7/19- TRH: Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at Westminster Abbey.

Twitter

QuoteChris Ship
@chrisshipitv
On Thursday, Prince Harry and Meghan along with the Duchess of Cornwall will visit the Field of Remembrance at @wabbey

Event number two: QEII and the BRF attend the Festival of Remembrance at The Royal Albert Hall. 11/9/19

Twitter

QuoteSat: The Queen, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry Meghan, Andrew, Sophie, Edward, Anne and @royalfamily
members to attend @PoppyLegion
Festival of Remembrance at @RoyalAlbertHall

Finally Remembrance Day at the Cenotaph. QEII to view from the balcony of the Foreign Office with the PoW etc..performing the actual wreath laying at the Cenotaph. (I'm guessing a similar balcony line up like last year: QEII accompanied by the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge with other family members grouped on the additional balconies.)

BTW if you want a reminder of last year's Centenary of the end of WWI, there are stunning (yes truly stunning) photos from the events around the world last year: Belgium, Australia, UK, etc..) The images on the beaches were among my favorites.

Remembrance Day: In pictures - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2019, 05:47:21 PM

Also on 11/6 there is an engagement for the Princess Royal.

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2019, 05:47:47 PM

QuoteBuckingham Palace announces royal attendance for events to mark Remembrance Day. The Queen will watch the Remembrance Sunday service from a balcony for the third year in a row as Prince Charles will lay a wreath on her behalf

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2019, 07:06:31 PM

More on the 11/7 event at Westminster Abbey:

Meghan Markle and the Duchess of Cornwall to unite for a royal first this week | HELLO!

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2019, 07:07:08 PM

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex are teaming up with the Duchess of Cornwall for their first joint engagement as a trio, to mark Remembrance Day. Buckingham Palace has announced that Harry, Meghan and Camilla will visit the 91st Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey on Thursday 7 November.

This will be the seventh time Harry has attended the event and the first time for Meghan and Camilla, who is Patron of the Poppy Factory. They will each lay a Cross of Remembrance and the Last Post will sound, followed by a two-minute silence. The royals will then visit the memorial plots for regimental and other associations, meeting veterans from all areas of the Armed Forces who have served in past campaigns and more recent conflicts.

Princess Cassandra

I never miss watching it on UTUBE, as we don't get it streamed live. I also never get through it without tears. So many lives maimed or destroyed through all those wars.

wannable

@BBCOne will broadcast the #FestivalofRemembrance tomorrow at 9pm local time.

Filmed at 7 p.m. broadcast at 9 p.m. BST

sara8150

Palace reveals whether Duchess of Cornwall will attend Festival of Remembrance | HELLO!

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2019, 07:54:16 PM

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry join Prince William and Kate Middleton for Festival of Remembrance | Daily Mail Online

Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle reunite for the Festival of Remembrance ? live updates | HELLO!

Meghan Markle, Harry Reunite Kate and William at Remembrance Day | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2019, 08:03:11 PM

Sussexes and Cambridges reunite at Remembrance event - BBC News

Cambridges and Sussexes reunite at Festival of Remembrance

Festival of Remembrance, review: More significant and more moving with each passing year

Meghan Markle: Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive for Remembrance event in London | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Camilla to join Queen and Royal Family at Remembrance service tonight after illness | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Camilla fends off chest infection to join Charles and the Queen at Remembrance event | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kate Middleton and Prince William arrive in London for Remembrance service | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Camilla Parker Bowles: How Duchess has touching personal connection to Remembrance Day | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2019, 08:10:17 PM

Meghan Markle and Kate join husbands for 1st joint event since Harry confirmed rift - Mirror Online

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrive to join Kate Middleton and Prince William for Festival of Remembrance service ? The Sun

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2019, 08:20:13 PM

British Royals attended the annual Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall

Curryong

Camilla must be better today, maybe dosed herself up for the weekend's events. All the Royal females in subdued colours, black, dark blue, grey. Everybody looked great tonight, and in good spirits. Loved Meghan's dress, shoes and hair. She looked lovely I thought. Boris turned up with girlfriend I see! A change from electioneering all day.

wannable

I had my fix of fashion today  :D

And looking forward to the recorded festival.

sandy

The Queen's outfit is my favorite. The resemblance between William and his Uncle Edward really shows in the balcony photo

TLLK

I thought that all members of the BRF looked elegant and appropriate for tonight's event. The focus should be upon the veterans and the active service personnel IMO so the outfits for Remembrance Day events are not my top priority. :)

sandy

I'm sorry Philip could not have been there on a "break" from retirement.

TLLK

Yes @sandy. It would have been lovely to see the DoE tonight.

TLLK

Im?genes y fotograf?as - Getty Images

Extensive photo gallery of veterans, the Cenotaph and the balcony at the Foreign Office. This article from the DM also has excellent photos from the services being held around the UK today including events outside of London.
Queen leads the nation in a two-minutes silence for Remembrance Sunday | Daily Mail Online

As expected QEII is flanked by Camilla and Catherine. Sophie, Meghan and Timothy are on another balcony. Unfortunately I have yet to find any photos of the Gloucesters or Kents today. :unsure:

wannable

The Queen's tear gave me goosebumps. It's her first tear in many many years. Someone point out a tear in her plus 60 years of reign...I think not. So I find it very significant and I wonder what she was thinking, her sensibilities now.

Kate has several poppies.  I didn't know this particular poppy referenced female codebreakers, although I know her grandmother was a Bletchley Park codebreaker.  Just like the fact or theory of her 3 Legion Poppies referencing the last line of dead male relatives of WWI and WWI that ultimately changed the history of the Lupton's to what we know of the Middleton's (her remembrance visit last year at the War Museum, all male members died, hence the history of her last name. Valerie and her twin sister were the survivors of the family, married and acquired their husband's last name, their brothers died)

Curryong

It may have been just the chilly and cold weather that made the Queen's eyes water. A couple of years ago Prince Philip looked teary but it turned out he had a coughing fit. (That was the last time he attended the Cenotaph ceremony.) Sometimes when people are very old their eyes are inclined to be watery anyway. She wasn't lifting a hanky to her eyes or looking upset.

wannable

Possibly, but the video says otherwise, her eyes got watery, and she wiped it out with her hand, no handkerchief.

TLLK

Finally a photo with the Gloucesters and the Duke of Kent!

Twitter

QuoteThe Queen and other family members watch the ceremony from the Foreign Office balconies.

From the street view- Left to right: Balcony 1-Gloucesters/DoK, Balcony 2 (center) DssoC, QEII, DssoCam, Balcony 3 (CoW, DssoS, CTL)

sara8150

British Royal Family attended the 2019 Remembrance Day Service at The Cenotaph | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

British Royals attended the annual Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph

Remembrance Sunday: Royal Family lead tributes to nation's war dead - BBC News

Royal family lead Britain's Remembrance Sunday tributes at Cenotaph service

Remembrance Sunday: Millions pay their respects with silence for fallen soldiers | UK News | Sky News

William and Kate reunite with Sussexes at remembrance festival | UK News | Sky News

Remembrance Sunday: Queen sheds a tear for war heroes during Cenotaph Remembrance Sunday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip misses Remembrance Sunday for second year in a row | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kate Middleton news: Kate in pride of place next to Queen as Meghan stands by Sophie | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle news: Duchess joined by Sophie Wessex on the balcony | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles leads country in honouring the fallen on Remembrance Sunday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry and Prince William united as they make touching Remembrance Sunday tribute | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen news: Monarch looks on as Prince Charles lays poppy wreath at Cenotaph | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Remembrance Sunday: The Queen leads royal family and politicians to honour war dead - Mirror Online

Remembrance Sunday: Why Kate was stood next to the Queen and Meghan wasn't - Mirror Online

Why the Queen is wearing multiple poppies for Remembrance Service - Mirror Online

Remembrance Sunday: The Queen leads royal family and politicians to honour war dead - Mirror Online

Reason Meghan Markle and Harry are in row behind Kate and William explained - Mirror Online

The Queen sheds a tear for our war heroes at Cenotaph Remembrance Sunday service as Britain falls silent ? The Sun

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on November 10, 2019, 03:15:05 PM
It may have been just the chilly and cold weather that made the Queen's eyes water. A couple of years ago Prince Philip looked teary but it turned out he had a coughing fit. (That was the last time he attended the Cenotaph ceremony.) Sometimes when people are very old their eyes are inclined to be watery anyway. She wasn't lifting a hanky to her eyes or looking upset.
Perhaps, since it was only one eye and she kept blinking throughout. It's just that she wiped the tear at a very emotional moment...the music had been playing and stopped, and she was waiting for her son to carry her wreath. It could have been a real tear. She did look more like herself than she did last night. I suppose she isn't going out much at night anymore, but she did not look like herself. But going back to this morning's ceremony, this is such a poignant time, and maybe even more so for her. She knew WWI veterans and no doubt heard so much about how it changed life in GB. And then living through WWII and all subsequent conflicts when she herself represents the entire UK and Commonwealth countries. She will be thinking of all those many, many casualties and no doubt feeling it greatly. Bless her.