A big thank-you to theking

Started by mediastar, April 04, 2005, 06:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediastar

This is a big thank-you to theking (Rob) who worked for several hours yesterday evening and until about 2am in the morning doing most of the work on transferring the database across to the US server from the UK server.

Rob's knowledge is way in excess of mine and there was a big problem because of the size of the database. The posts had to transferred in chunks of only 1,000 at a time - and that took a long time.

I hope that we have a good home now for the Royal Forum. We should not have a problem with bandwith usage here which was becoming a serious problem on the old server as more members joined the forum.

Three cheers for Rob!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

LisaG

Is Rob from the other forum?

Cheers to Rob! We all love this forum and couldn't be without it so thanks for your hardwork! :hiya:  

mediastar

Rob is a member of the other forum but joined this forum as well a couple of days ago.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

Beebs

:notworthy: THANKS ROB!! :notworthy:   As well as MS! :wavey:

Windsor

T125eagle

Thanks Rob. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication.
Philipite #001 Duke of Windsor ite #001;Harryite # 0028

faith

Thanks a lot Rob we appreciate everything you did! :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy: We don't know what we'd do if we didn't have this forum
<---and she's not afraid to admit it!
Harryite #0008

~Sophia~

Thank you Rob and mediastar! :notworthy: :partytime:

TB

I seems that everything I want to say has already been said, so....ditto. ^_^

Couldn't forget this one....

I Pirates

kitkat

QuoteRob's knowledge is way in excess of mine and there was a big problem because of the size of the database. The posts had to transferred in chunks of only 1,000 at a time - and that took a long time.
WOW! That is some work! Thanks. :hiya:  

Goldenrubyrose

Thanks Rob!  :) It's nice that you were such a big help, we all are very grateful.  :hiya:  :D  

"No Shirts for Harry" or my man William!

Jenee

Thanks a million Rob  :wavey:  
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

LisaG

theking

Thanks guyes, sorry i did'nt write sooner but i had an early night last night, for some reason i was really tired :D

You should not have any problems with slowness on this server.

Rob King
Rob King

Life is just too short to hold grudges.

Windsor

QuoteThanks guyes, sorry i did'nt write sooner but i had an early night last night, for some reason i was really tired :D
:lol:  :lol:  

~Sophia~

I luv the smilie! :lol: