Princess Leonore will be christened on June 8, 2014

Started by Lady Adams, April 16, 2014, 01:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

It was a lovely service and Leonore is a beautiful baby. And I musn't forget to mention Estelle, who was adorable throughout.  :vday2:  :vday4: Apparently her dress was previously worn by her mother during King Carl Gustaf's birthday celebrations in the 80's.

And here are Leonore's godparents:

Crown Princess Victoria
Louise Gottlieb
Tatjana d'Abo
Count Ernst von Abensperg und Traun
Patrick Sommerlath
Alice Bamford

Louise is a close friend of Madeleine, Ernst is Chris's brother-in-law (he is married to his sister Natascha), Patrick is Silvia's relative (I think brother, but I'm not 100% sure) and Alice is a childhood friend of Chris.

More information on Leonore's christening, as well as a video of the whole ceremony for those who missed the live stream can be found below:

Princess Leonore's christening - Sveriges Kungahus
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kungahuset.se%2Fdopet.4.4a3da1313658e148c3a6f.html&edit-text=&act=url
Princess Leonore baptised one year after parents Princess Madeline and Christopher O'Neill got married | Mail Online

sara8150

Swedish royals celebrate princess baptism
Swedish royals celebrate princess baptism - The Local

Double post auto-merged: June 08, 2014, 07:31:31 PM

Swedish Princess Leonore is baptised outside Stockholm exactly one year after her parents Princess Madeline and Christopher O'Neill got married (but the ceremony proves too much for one fainting guard)
Princess Leonore baptised one year after parents Princess Madeline and Christopher O'Neill got married | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: June 08, 2014, 07:34:29 PM

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and husband Chris celebrate baby Leonore's christening
Princess Madeleine of Sweden's baby's christening - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: June 08, 2014, 07:46:33 PM

Christening of Princess Leonore -Official Photos
Christening of Princess Leonore -Official Photos | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

Blue Clover

Great pictures! Madeleine and Chris seem very, very happy.

TLLK

^^^Thank you for sharing the link. The photos are beautiful.

Trudie

A beautiful service Madeleine and Chris look so happy and the baby Princess is beautiful like her mother. Princess Victoria looked fantastic and Princess Estelle was simply adorable and very well behaved.

HereditaryPrincess

TLLK

Don't know if this was mentioned but Estelle is wearing one of her mother's old dresses from the early 1980's.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on June 09, 2014, 10:41:38 PM
Don't know if this was mentioned but Estelle is wearing one of her mother's old dresses from the early 1980's.

Yes, it was already mentioned by me a few posts ahead of yours... :flower:

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on June 08, 2014, 07:04:33 PMApparently her dress was previously worn by her mother during King Carl Gustaf's birthday celebrations in the 80's.