Prince Carl Philip is engaged to Sofia Hellqvist!

Started by georgiana996, June 27, 2014, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Blue Clover

LB,
I think her path to royalty was totally random, accidental, and sheer luck. It happens sometimes. She won the equivalent of the lottery. My sister knew a woman something like this happened for, she ended up with a very rich and powerful guy in spite of her super shady past, the man fell deeply in love with her.

Macrobug

Quote from: Blue Clover on June 28, 2014, 11:48:52 PM
^^^If it doesn't matter to Carl Philip then it shouldn't matter to anyone else. CP seems to likes her enough to want to spend the rest of his life with her.

:thumbsup:
GNU Terry Pratchett

cate1949

she once said something to the effect of rape victims should work on their self esteem so they would be better able to say no.  A feminist she is not.

Practically speaking - she does have a checkered past - more than has been discussed here - but - it is his choice.  Silivia 's body language in the pics though - LOL - poor Momma.

My thought  is that he has not exactly been the ideal prince - may have taken credit for someone else's graphic design and not exactly a hard worker for the family.  Personally always though he wasn't that good looking  but obviously some others have found him attractive.

Given his lackluster efforts on behalf of the Swedish RF really do not see why the Swedish taxpayer should have to support him - he seems rather superfluous.

marine2109

Lothwen

Quote from: Blue Clover on June 29, 2014, 03:11:31 AM
LB,
I think her path to royalty was totally random, accidental, and sheer luck. It happens sometimes. She won the equivalent of the lottery. My sister knew a woman something like this happened for, she ended up with a very rich and powerful guy in spite of her super shady past, the man fell deeply in love with her.

I'd agree, except that there were rumors that she would hang out where he did, in the hopes of catching his eye, and during the final months of his relationship with his ex, Emma, he was constantly spotted with a "mysterious brunette", who ended up being Sofia. She chased after him.

I have no issues with her posing nude, or doing the show.  But there's another rumor that while she was living with a male roommate, instead of paying him rent with money, she paid with her body...
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Mar

you have no issues with her posing nude??!!?!!

I definitively do!

Lothwen

Quote from: Mar on July 01, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
you have no issues with her posing nude??!!?!!

I definitively do!

No, I don't.  She was 20 when she did, and I see nothing wrong with the naked body, but to each their own
Harryite 12-005

TLLK

^^^I'm uncomfortable that her parents encouraged her to do the racy modeling when she was still a teenager. After she became an adult that would be her choice.

georgiana996

Still worked more and has a more inspiring life than a certain duchess .
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Mar

whatever

nude pics = tramp

no way jose!

she belongs in a dungeon!   :windsor1:   hahahaha just kidding

Lothwen

I posed nude several times so my ex could use me as a model in his figure drawing class, and he took nude photos of me as part of his portfolio to get into NYU.

So am I a tramp?
Harryite 12-005

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

Quote from: Lothwen on July 02, 2014, 08:10:11 PM
I posed nude several times so my ex could use me as a model in his figure drawing class, and he took nude photos of me as part of his portfolio to get into NYU.

So am I a tramp?
:happy15: Nope, he's the Tramp, you're the Lady if Disney has anything to say on the subject! :yesss: I am glad Lady was not a poodle...  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

I can't remember any scenes in that movie where Lady posed and the Tramp sketched her! It would have been very cute, IMO. :)

Limabeany

It's based on "The Lost Stories of the Dogs in the Titanic"  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

I must have missed that film. Did they  stand together on their hind legs on the prow of the Titanic with their front paws outstretched?  :D

angieuk

Chefredaktör Karin Lennmor: Inte en elak kommentar om Sofia Hellqvist till? | Svensk Damtidning

No more nasty comments will be allowed says magazine.

Double post auto-merged: July 03, 2014, 10:08:28 AM

SDT1428_HiResFiles

sara8150

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden talks 'surprise' proposal to Sofia Hellqvist
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden engagement to Sofia Hellqvist - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: July 07, 2014, 10:35:35 PM

New Photos of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist
New Photos of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

angieuk

Royals: So lieben und leben die Königshäuser | BUNTE.de

The Royal Bride To Be ... came across as a warm, smiling, happy girl, with her Prince beside her.

I know very little about Sofia, ...... as they say the past is another country, and we are all strangers there. In other words, their lives (Sofia and Carl Philip) started the day they met. Best foot forward, no looking back.

She makes him happy, they are a lovely couple. I like her, and hope she has good friends that will support her, with the many Royal duties she will be undertaking. As I mentioned before, she has the potential to be a real style Icon! Not to outshine Victoria, but to be part of a good team of sisters-in-law representing Sweden. I'm sure a glamorous stylish Sofia is yet to come.

Whether she is close to the two Royal sisters, we don't know, but she has the support of her future husband, where they will make a life for themselves and their children. The hurtful gossip can only make them stronger as a couple, which I'm sure it already has.

I'm sure we will get a Wedding Date soon; which will be very exciting!!