Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

''Harry and Meghan 'in talks with Netflix to film a documentary in South Africa where they'll help to build houses''
The Mirror on Sunday

changemhysoul

I fail to see how their popularity has ranked?they?ve been growing in supporters from what I can see or are at least steady.

People thinks she?s needs a re-brand but when if she?s signing with an agency like that, after being courted by many. Two awards to collect before the news and outfit from a basketball game that sold out right away?then good. I?d also like to point out aside from Netflix, Meghan hasn?t talked about Harry?s family in a while and the most damning thing she said was, they?re cold and I tried to hard to be liked. And according to the letter that she didn?t leak but somehow her response to the King made it to Victoria Ward of all people, shows that she was gently trying to raise concern about the families racism and how it could be seen. Nicer than me because I wouldn?t give people a chance to walk it back.

And maybe if they had listened to Meghan, what happened with Lady Hussey could?ve been prevented.

Anyway, great deal signing for Meghan. The profile the Henry Walker Agency did for her was wonderful. I?m glad they summed up the UK time as getting married to her husband and no one can whine about her talking about them.

But, more is going to come from Harry, even just with discovery with his lawsuits. I still don?t agree that they trashed the family, they?ve said uncomfortable truths (if you chose not to believe, fair) about the family (whom didn?t seem to care when things were being addressed in private) but they?ve actually trashed the tabloid media. It?s just that those two institutions are too closely intertwined.

I?m more excited to see how this agency protects Meghan when it comes to the the British Media. The his is a big signing and it?d be best for them to forget Meghans name, before they mess up other deals.

TLLK

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on May 02, 2023, 12:36:45 PM
@changemhysoul -Have your technology issues been resolved finally?

Yeah, I got a new laptop and all of that fun stuff. This morning was on my phone because I was traveling but I have a bunch of links saved so the big post will be in-coming.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on May 02, 2023, 01:25:48 PM
Yeah, I got a new laptop and all of that fun stuff. This morning was on my phone because I was traveling but I have a bunch of links saved so the big post will be in-coming.
:yesss: Good news!

changemhysoul

I'm so upset, I guess, I timed out...as I was typing up all of the stuff missed.

I'm not going to do it again and I lost a lot of information. I went to hit post and it said I didn't have permission and I had to sign in again.

So to sum up,

Archewell did an Earth-Day clean up, BOEING is a Partner for the Germany games, the Germany team for Invictus has come out and will include police and fight-fighters. 2025 Invictus, is also underway and has received partnerships.

Prince Harry's donation after Spare to Sentebale has increased funding for the charity by 50%

Archewell Staff was taken out to the Lakers game by Harry and Meghan.

A lot of Invictus updates with profiles on the competitors.

Now that I have a laptop, I can be more on top of things!

Also, Sussex Community Events have started another fundraiser from May 4th to June 4th for Archie and Lili's bdays! This time the donations are going to KABOOM (who has partnered with Archewell) and the goal is $20,000. Since it's kicked off this morning, $13,878 has been raised.

changemhysoul

Updates:

The goal of $20,000 has been met, I can't wait to see what the total at the end will be.

----

After Meghan's visit to Harvest Home and Archewell's donation, Harvest Home LA received an out-pouring of support, I believe I've already posted about that. I finally found the photos but they had an update,

--------------------

Happy to welcome the U.S. team in #d?sseldorf this week preparing for the Invictus Games 2023
@WeAreInvictus
in
@Duesseldorf
and look forward to welcome the athletes and their friends and families to compete in September.

https://twitter.com/USConGenNRW/status/1654114493872455680

---

+++ PRESS +++

We are happy to announce, that
@FisherHouseFdtn
will support the Invictus Games D?sseldorf 2023 as Premier Partner. Fisher House Foundation will continue to sponsor the Family & Friends Programme, which it helped create.

Find out more 📲

Düsseldorf, 04.05.2023, Fisher House Foundation has been announced as Premier Partner of the INVICTUS GAMES D?SSELDORF 2023. As a long-term supporter of the Invictus Games Foundation, the charity that oversees the Invictus Games, Fisher House Foundation has been the only Premier Partner present for every event since the inaugural Invictus Games London 2014.

?We have been honored to partner with the Invictus Games for the past ten years and are excited for the Invictus Games D?sseldorf 2023,? said Fisher House Foundation Chairman and CEO Ken Fisher. ?Germany is an important location for our military community which is why we have two Fisher Houses at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. Many of our Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and allies received critical treatment before they were stable enough to return to the United States, and many more service members and their families have called Germany home while being stationed there, making this location very special?, Fisher continued.

Fisher House Foundation is an international non-profit organisation established to improve the quality of life for military personnel, veterans and their families. For more than 30 years, the Fisher House programme has provided comfortable housing for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers. In these accommodations, families of active and former military personnel can stay free of charge to be near their loved ones during medical treatment. To date, there are 94 Fisher Houses located in the USA, Germany and the UK.

Source: Fisher House FoundationFamily enjoys hospitality center at Invictus Games The Hague 2022. Source: Fisher House Foundation
FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION ENABLES FAMILY & FRIENDS PROGRAMME
Fisher House Foundation will continue to sponsor the Invictus Games Family & Friends Programme in 2023, which it helped create in 2014. The programme enables competitors from all participating nations to bring two family members or friends to the Games, accompanying them during this important step on the road to rehabilitation. Family & Friends are an integral part of recovery journey supported by the Invictus Games. In return for having walked the path back to a self-determined life together with the competitors, they are to experience respect and recognition at the Games, enjoy a carefree time and take away positive memories. Thanks to the programme, Family & Friends are not only able to experience the sporting events with the competitors, they can also explore the city of D?sseldorf with them as part of a cultural and excursion programme. Further benefits will include free travel and accommodation on site, free use of public transport and meals during the Games.

?Family & Friends are an integral and indispensable part of every Invictus Games. They are the very foundation on which the rehabilitation of the competitors rests. We are very pleased that, thanks to the commitment of the Fisher House Foundation, we will be able to welcome Family & Friends from all over the world to the Games in 2023 as well, showing them the respect and recognition they deserve?, says Brigadier General Alfred Marstaller, CEO of the INVICTUS GAMES D?SSELDORF 2023.

INTERNATIONAL SPORTS EVENT UNDER THE BANNER OF RECOVERY AND REHABILITATION
This year, thesixth Invictus Games will take place from 9 to 16 September in D?sseldorf, Germany for the first time. More than 500 wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans from 22 nations will take part in ten sports. What counts is not elite performance, but competition, people, team spirit and the will to live. Through sport, the competitors draw strength for their recovery and rehabilitation. Their sporting achievements show their progress in theirrecovery and their will to find their way back into life after serious injuries or illnesses.

ABOUT FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION
Fisher House Foundation is best known for its network of nearly 100 comfort homes where military and veteran families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment. These homes are located at major military and VA medical facilities nationwide, and in Europe, close to the medical facility they serve. Fisher Houses have up to 21 suites, with private bedrooms and baths. Families share a common kitchen, laundry facilities, a warm dining room and an inviting living room. Fisher House Foundation ensures that there is never a lodging fee. Since inception, the program has saved military and veteran families an estimated $575 million in out-of-pocket costs for lodging and transportation.

---

https://twitter.com/FisherHouseFdtn/status/1654166740027179019

We have been honored to partner with the Invictus Games for the past ten years and are excited for the
@InvictusGamesDE
!!

#FisherHouse #aHomeForRespect

wannable

A hashtag (to Meghan or Archewell and Invictus Harry) in their official twitter handles would have been an acknowledgement. It's a constructive criticism of whoever is in charge in both parties for PR and media.

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on May 04, 2023, 06:35:56 PM
A hashtag (to Meghan or Archewell and Invictus Harry) in their official twitter handles would have been an acknowledgement. It's a constructive criticism of whoever is in charge in both parties for PR and media.

Who do you mean? The organizations? Meghan and Harry aren't the ones who are posting about it?

So I guess overall, the criticism is that they should have social media so people can post about them and find them? Invictus has their own social media and will always use the hashtags. Archewell doesn't have social media and Harry and Meghan don't have individual social media accounts.

wannable

What I mean is HarvestHomeLA twitter handler did not include a hashtag of Meghan, Harry or Archewell. The hashtag in social media is used to ''acknowledge''. Look at their hashtags in the first picture posted, in the bottom there's a bunch of hashtags #.  Hashtags work also because when users i.e. in twitter click the hashtag it will take the user to a conversation about the person that was hashtag #. Same goes for Instagram and Tik Tok. 

Same with the two twitter handlers that wrote something about Invictus, their hashtags don't mention Harry anywhere.

It's like the twitter handle for baby basics UK 2 weeks ago, tweeted they cannot accept for the next two weeks anymore items because there is no space to keep it, organize it, etc. to please send the items in the next fortnight, they hashtag #PrincessofWales because this happened 1 day after her baby basic visit at Windsor. The tweet had pictures of Kate's visit the previous day, their warehouse the next day with the place fully packed. 

Hashtags are acknowledging a volunteer, a person involved, a patron and the sort.

Basically, IMO these organizations SHOULD include the Sussex brand Archewell at least in their hashtag.  Merit where it is due! I completely understand @changemhysoul  these people are/were  ''recently'' visited by, geared up let's say because of the publicity generously given by the Meghan visit.  Hence the Baby Basic reference of the Baby Basic twitter handler including the POW hashtag.  Did Kate retweet it no, but the mention is low key nice.

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on May 04, 2023, 07:10:11 PM
What I mean is HarvestHomeLA twitter handler did not include a hashtag of Meghan, Harry or Archewell. The hashtag in social media is used to ''acknowledge''. Look at their hashtags in the first picture posted, in the bottom there's a bunch of hashtags #.  Hashtags work also because when users i.e. in twitter click the hashtag it will take the user to a conversation about the person that was hashtag #.

Same with the two twitter handlers that wrote something about Invictus, their hashtags don't mention Harry anywhere.

It's like the twitter handle for baby basics UK 2 weeks ago, tweeted they cannot accept for the next two weeks anymore items because there is no space to keep it, organize it, etc. to please send the items in the next fortnight, they hashtag #PrincessofWales because this happened 1 day after her baby basic visit at Windsor. The tweet had pictures of Kate's visit the previous day, their warehouse the next day with the place fully packed. 

Hashtags are acknowledging a volunteer, a person involved, a patron and the sort.

I see what you mean now.

The Harvest Home one was from Instagram. They didn't mention Harry and Meghan on that post because it wasn't so much about Meghan. It was about the kids that came and helped out, so that's who they mentioned.

A few weeks back, I posted on here, after they had the new baby nook area put in + the donations from Meghan visit, they did hashtag the duke and duchess of Sussex and etc. This was just a nice community update about the kids helping out and I posted it just to give an update on the charity and how they were faring after the visit and donations. But for Harvest Home, all of that was on instagram and not twitter.

--

And for Invictus, I think it's a bit different than Kate visiting Baby Basics UK? Like, it was a nice royal visit and she has visited before but she's not a patron I believe? And she doesn't have any long-term projects or connections with it or anything really, on the scale of what Harry has with Invictus. Like...Invictus games doesn't need to hashtag about Harry, if you feel me. The two are so heavily linked, they always include an article or something of the sort linking to the website and that mentions Harry.

Even in the post they made about Prince Harry, speaking German and giving his talk to the Germany conference, they didn't hashtag him. Invictus + Harry is a brand...that doesn't really need to be stated because the two are SO linked.

I do see your point though and they could. I think if Harry or even Archewell had social media or something like SussexRoyal, they would link or @ that.

Overall I do have my criticisms of the Sussex's and they're approach to social media (or lack there of) but it's more with them, not the places they visit or organizations.

That being said, I remembered another thing to post, it's from Sentebale's instagram.

"As we reflect on the progress made in our 2022 Annual Report, see how our work has evolved over the years by watching our newly released Sentebale ? The Next Chapter film, narrated by our Co-Founding Patron, Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

?It?s been over 16 years since we founded Sentebale, but our mission remains the same and our resolve as strong as ever.

We created Sentebale to give children and young people in Southern Africa access to vital health services, alongside the care and support needed to build skills and thrive. Sentebale symbolises our core pledge, in memory of our mothers, to never forget and always advocate for the most vulnerable among us.
In the years since our founding, we have scaled up, expanded and evolved our operations, delivered our holistic package of support to children and young people in Lesotho and Botswana. We focus on the social and emotional wellbeing for those coming got terms with living with HIV, providing access to health services, youth advocacy, and building individual skills and livelihoods.?

Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso,
Co-Founding Patrons? Foreword, Annual Report & Accounts 2022"

Sentebale on Instagram: "As we reflect on the progress made in our 2022 Annual Report, see how our work has evolved over the years by watching our

(click link for the video)

EDIT: Based on your edit. I get what you mean, I guess they could do that but I guess it's based on what the Org thinks is needed based on what I've said about. Harvest Home, that post wasn't really about the visit but the kids so thats who they mentioned and for Invictus, Prince Harry is such a given that they might not think about needing to add him.

wannable

It's a constructive criticism, I mean every word in reference to PR and media. The attention to detail of baby basics with the POW hashtag went liked by thousands, retweeted by hundreds, quoted by hundreds, and placed them and K trending. So for example when I clicked the hashtag it took me to the baby basics UK tweet with the story of their warehouse, Kate's visit, etc.

Maybe Meghan will come back to social media, they are missing out of billions of people who get ''instant'' news vs the old wait until the journalist writes an article, pastes the picture, then give it to the digital expert to include in a media website, there's a 12 to 24 hour difference from instant SM reporting.

Anyway, good for both charities, Harvest and Invictus.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on May 04, 2023, 06:26:47 PM
Updates:

The goal of $20,000 has been met, I can't wait to see what the total at the end will be.

----

After Meghan's visit to Harvest Home and Archewell's donation, Harvest Home LA received an out-pouring of support, I believe I've already posted about that. I finally found the photos but they had an update,

--------------------

Happy to welcome the U.S. team in #d?sseldorf this week preparing for the Invictus Games 2023
@WeAreInvictus
in
@Duesseldorf
and look forward to welcome the athletes and their friends and families to compete in September.

https://twitter.com/USConGenNRW/status/1654114493872455680

---

+++ PRESS +++

We are happy to announce, that
@FisherHouseFdtn
will support the Invictus Games D?sseldorf 2023 as Premier Partner. Fisher House Foundation will continue to sponsor the Family & Friends Programme, which it helped create.

Find out more 📲

Düsseldorf, 04.05.2023, Fisher House Foundation has been announced as Premier Partner of the INVICTUS GAMES D?SSELDORF 2023. As a long-term supporter of the Invictus Games Foundation, the charity that oversees the Invictus Games, Fisher House Foundation has been the only Premier Partner present for every event since the inaugural Invictus Games London 2014.

?We have been honored to partner with the Invictus Games for the past ten years and are excited for the Invictus Games D?sseldorf 2023,? said Fisher House Foundation Chairman and CEO Ken Fisher. ?Germany is an important location for our military community which is why we have two Fisher Houses at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. Many of our Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and allies received critical treatment before they were stable enough to return to the United States, and many more service members and their families have called Germany home while being stationed there, making this location very special?, Fisher continued.

Fisher House Foundation is an international non-profit organisation established to improve the quality of life for military personnel, veterans and their families. For more than 30 years, the Fisher House programme has provided comfortable housing for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers. In these accommodations, families of active and former military personnel can stay free of charge to be near their loved ones during medical treatment. To date, there are 94 Fisher Houses located in the USA, Germany and the UK.

Source: Fisher House FoundationFamily enjoys hospitality center at Invictus Games The Hague 2022. Source: Fisher House Foundation
FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION ENABLES FAMILY & FRIENDS PROGRAMME
Fisher House Foundation will continue to sponsor the Invictus Games Family & Friends Programme in 2023, which it helped create in 2014. The programme enables competitors from all participating nations to bring two family members or friends to the Games, accompanying them during this important step on the road to rehabilitation. Family & Friends are an integral part of recovery journey supported by the Invictus Games. In return for having walked the path back to a self-determined life together with the competitors, they are to experience respect and recognition at the Games, enjoy a carefree time and take away positive memories. Thanks to the programme, Family & Friends are not only able to experience the sporting events with the competitors, they can also explore the city of D?sseldorf with them as part of a cultural and excursion programme. Further benefits will include free travel and accommodation on site, free use of public transport and meals during the Games.

?Family & Friends are an integral and indispensable part of every Invictus Games. They are the very foundation on which the rehabilitation of the competitors rests. We are very pleased that, thanks to the commitment of the Fisher House Foundation, we will be able to welcome Family & Friends from all over the world to the Games in 2023 as well, showing them the respect and recognition they deserve?, says Brigadier General Alfred Marstaller, CEO of the INVICTUS GAMES D?SSELDORF 2023.

INTERNATIONAL SPORTS EVENT UNDER THE BANNER OF RECOVERY AND REHABILITATION
This year, thesixth Invictus Games will take place from 9 to 16 September in D?sseldorf, Germany for the first time. More than 500 wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans from 22 nations will take part in ten sports. What counts is not elite performance, but competition, people, team spirit and the will to live. Through sport, the competitors draw strength for their recovery and rehabilitation. Their sporting achievements show their progress in theirrecovery and their will to find their way back into life after serious injuries or illnesses.

ABOUT FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION
Fisher House Foundation is best known for its network of nearly 100 comfort homes where military and veteran families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment. These homes are located at major military and VA medical facilities nationwide, and in Europe, close to the medical facility they serve. Fisher Houses have up to 21 suites, with private bedrooms and baths. Families share a common kitchen, laundry facilities, a warm dining room and an inviting living room. Fisher House Foundation ensures that there is never a lodging fee. Since inception, the program has saved military and veteran families an estimated $575 million in out-of-pocket costs for lodging and transportation.

---

https://twitter.com/FisherHouseFdtn/status/1654166740027179019

We have been honored to partner with the Invictus Games for the past ten years and are excited for the
@InvictusGamesDE
!!

#FisherHouse #aHomeForRespect

Great news!   :yesss:

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on May 04, 2023, 07:32:38 PM
It's a constructive criticism, I mean every word in reference to PR and media. The attention to detail of baby basics with the POW hashtag went liked by thousands, retweeted by hundreds, quoted by hundreds, and placed them and K trending. So for example when I clicked the hashtag it took me to the baby basics UK tweet with the story of their warehouse, Kate's visit, etc.

Maybe Meghan will come back to social media, they are missing out of billions of people who get ''instant'' news vs the old wait until the journalist writes an article, pastes the picture, then give it to the digital expert to include in a media website, there's a 12 to 24 hour difference from instant SM reporting.

Anyway, good for both charities, Harvest and Invictus.

I see what you mean, the thing about thousands of tweets and etc being seen can be applied to the Sussex's as well, it's even more amazing that they manage to pull those numbers with little to no social media presence. I get your point and I do think the orgs would benefit from doing that but I guess, really, idk. The charities and how they do the social media, don't bother me nearly as much, not more than the Sussex's.

And to that point, I agree with your second paragraph. I don't need Meghan or Harry (because they BOTH had SussexRoyal so it'd would be a return to social media for the BOTH of them, not just Meghan. Harry had his own accounts, which was how he found Meghan's photo) to come back to social media but I do think that Archewell needs social media. I guess that it might be toxic for the two them especially after things like this ( TW: very upsetting for poc/black people but it shows what Meghan is facing even in 2023 https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1648356273887256577 ) but they don't need to be in charge of their social media, comments can be turned off and etc.

Archewell is great but not instant and not as many people check it. They should have some social media that is instant, like instagram, not even twitter but sharing photos in-real time from events and etc. Like the Archewell, Earth Day Clean Up. That would've been perfect for social media and not just on their website. They are missing out on reach and etc. Archewell, should have social media and they're doing a disservice to their company by not having it.

I understand why they don't want to use it but the time has come for them too.

changemhysoul

KABOOM!

Shout out to the #SussexSquad for a great first day of your KABOOM! fundraiser! With over 500 supporters, you've already reached 125% of your goal! Keep crushing those numbers!
@SussexEvent

https://twitter.com/kaboom/status/1654206812587974656

- Note, while Archewell as worked with KABOOM and that's what inspired this event, the current fundraising event has been created by supports of The Sussex's for Archie and Lili's bday, the goal of $20,000 has been completed and is now at $26,138 raised. Can't wait to see what happens in a month!

Curryong

This is marvellous about Fisher House. Terrific news. They are really supporting and partnering a wonderful cause. It?s also wonderful that the Sussex Squad has reached and surpassed their total. A big Pat on the shoulders to them  all.  With Archie?s and then Lili?s birthdays coming up this money will be going to great causes.I applaud them all.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on May 04, 2023, 07:59:11 PM
KABOOM!

Shout out to the #SussexSquad for a great first day of your KABOOM! fundraiser! With over 500 supporters, you've already reached 125% of your goal! Keep crushing those numbers!
@SussexEvent

https://twitter.com/kaboom/status/1654206812587974656

- Note, while Archewell as worked with KABOOM and that's what inspired this event, the current fundraising event has been created by supports of The Sussex's for Archie and Lili's bday, the goal of $20,000 has been completed and is now at $26,138 raised. Can't wait to see what happens in a month!

KABOOM is dedicated to building playgrounds in areas that don't have safe play spaces for children.

KABOOM! Works Nationally to Achieve Playspace Equity

I'm going off topic to share a piece of family history that is relevant to this topic of playspace equity. 

In the post WWII years around 1946-47 my maternal grandparents and their two children (my uncle and mother) had were traveling by train across the U.S. from New Jersey to California. They'd stopped in my grandfather's hometown of Pratt, Kansas. One day during their visit, my grandmother took my mother and uncle to a local playground. There they saw a  number of African American children playing on the park equipment.  Excited to have some new kids to play with, my mom and uncle ran off to join them. My grandmother settled in on a park bench and began reading. After about ten minutes, a group of the other children's mothers came up to my grandmother. One of them awkwardly and nervously shared with her that it would be best for all if my grandmother and her children left the park quickly. Sensing that the women seemed very concerned, grandmother asked why they would need to leave.  After realizing that my grandmother and her children were first time visitors to the park, the mothers explained that it was the day out of the week for the "Negro" children to play at the park and that "mixed" groups of children were not permitted there. My grandmother then realized that the mothers were trying to let her know that if anyone spotted the group playing together, that there was the potential for real trouble for both parties. My grandmother then called for my uncle and mother and they hastily left the park. A sad story that impacted two groups of children that simply wanted to play.

In the late 1980's too many children don't have access to safe play areas in their communities often because of the criminal activity that took place there. Over the years,  Los Angeles Co. has had to fence in and lock up some of the playgrounds due to this issue.  Its' better today, but the drug dealing still takes place sometimes. Syringes Found In Los Angeles Playground Sandbox | Los Angeles, CA Patch :( Children need access to play areas to get much needed exercise,  help develop coordination and  build body strength. KABOOM is a great organization.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on May 05, 2023, 12:16:19 PM
KABOOM is dedicated to building playgrounds in areas that don't have safe play spaces for children.

KABOOM! Works Nationally to Achieve Playspace Equity

I'm going off topic to share a piece of family history that is relevant to this topic of playspace equity. 

In the post WWII years around 1946-47 my maternal grandparents and their two children (my uncle and mother) had were traveling by train across the U.S. from New Jersey to California. They'd stopped in my grandfather's hometown of Pratt, Kansas. One day during their visit, my grandmother took my mother and uncle to a local playground. There they saw a  number of African American children playing on the park equipment.  Excited to have some new kids to play with, my mom and uncle ran off to join them. My grandmother settled in on a park bench and began reading. After about ten minutes, a group of the other children's mothers came up to my grandmother. One of them awkwardly and nervously shared with her that it would be best for all if my grandmother and her children left the park quickly. Sensing that the women seemed very concerned, grandmother asked why they would need to leave.  After realizing that my grandmother and her children were first time visitors to the park, the mothers explained that it was the day out of the week for the "Negro" children to play at the park and that "mixed" groups of children were not permitted there. My grandmother then realized that the mothers were trying to let her know that if anyone spotted the group playing together, that there was the potential for real trouble for both parties. My grandmother then called for my uncle and mother and they hastily left the park. A sad story that impacted two groups of children that simply wanted to play.

In the late 1980's too many children don't have access to safe play areas in their communities often because of the criminal activity that took place there. Over the years,  Los Angeles Co. has had to fence in and lock up some of the playgrounds due to this issue.  Its' better today, but the drug dealing still takes place sometimes. Syringes Found In Los Angeles Playground Sandbox | Los Angeles, CA Patch :( Children need access to play areas to get much needed exercise,  help develop coordination and  build body strength. KABOOM is a great organization.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

I'm glad that KABOOM is helping to improve things.

Thinking back, I don't remember there being many playgrounds around me. None that were close at least, plus, I was inside with a book or something so I wasn't very outdoor-isy.

changemhysoul

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1655422522337181697

Not all injuries are visible. Our will to conquer them is.

INVISIBLE INJURIES | The Series

Starting Tomorrow, 9 May 2023

#aHomeForRespect

I believe that this will be for the Germany team only? Once I can get more info, I'll be back with it.

changemhysoul

So The Invictus Games Germany, series on the injured soldiers is being posted on youtube. The vets are speaking in German but from what I see, they at least have english subs.

Here is the first story:

UNSICHTBARE VERWUNDUNG | EPISODE #1 | Dennis Geschichte - YouTube

The next ones will air on the youtube channel on the 10th, 11th, and 12th.

----

And this is re: Invictus because I've seen this going around on twitter. If William got money from a settlement and donated it to charity, it wasn't donated to Invictus.

He never donated money to Invictus has the media claimed.

The money was transferred from the Endeavor Fund, which was under the Royal Foundation when Harry was a member, the funds were raised by him and were always for Invictus. When the Endeavor Fund was absorbed by The Invictus Games foundation, the money raised was transferred over as it should have been.

Curryong

Yes exactly! That money was always raised for Invictus and wasn?t William?s to give.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on May 08, 2023, 06:33:36 PM
https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1655422522337181697

Not all injuries are visible. Our will to conquer them is.

INVISIBLE INJURIES | The Series

Starting Tomorrow, 9 May 2023

#aHomeForRespect

I believe that this will be for the Germany team only? Once I can get more info, I'll be back with it.

No they are not and it's often difficult for people to understand that a person with mental/emotional injuries ie PTSD suffers just like those with physical ones.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on May 06, 2023, 01:16:58 PM
Thank you for sharing that with us.

I'm glad that KABOOM is helping to improve things.

Thinking back, I don't remember there being many playgrounds around me. None that were close at least, plus, I was inside with a book or something so I wasn't very outdoor-isy.

You're welcome.  Due to their age and the realities of life in the past ie: child labor over the centuries have changed, so this idea that children required a place to play is still fairly new in human history.How We Came to Play: The History of Playgrounds | National Trust for Historic Preservation  PBS had  a program about the nation's great public parks that addresses the beginnings of playgrounds. 10 That Changed America | 10 Parks that Changed America | Preview | Season 1 | Episode 3 | PBS

Congratulations to KABOOM on the recent fundraiser.

TLLK

Please keep the discussion regarding The Bench in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Further off topic posts will be removed.

Books written about and by the Sussexes Part 4.