Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlaxym

People here blowing things out of proportion. IMO, Meghan is simply the best girlfriend Harry's ever had. He won a lottery with her. She's not some young ingenue scared of mixing with royality. She seems like an easy going person and that with her life experience is a big plus. Not to mention she's stunning and looks 10 years younger. If they decide to wed good for them. It'll be smooth affair and Queen will be happy for Harry. I'll be cheering all the way.

sandy

Mette Marit had an affair and a child out of wedlock. She got to marry a royal and is the mother of a future monarch.

If they want to get married, Meghan and Harry will marry. And not be told they can't have children because William had them for the line of succession. All the Queen's children had families.

I don't think there will be people with torches and pitchforks storming the Palace if there is an engagement announcement

Kinkade

AGAIN... I never said Grace Kelly had a clean history. Please read my post. But she had a respectable family and lived in a time w/ no internet or social media. Heck, if Rainier wanted to marry Monroe, that's on his judgement. And I don't think that's a good metaphor for Harry or Meghan. :D

Yes, my comment was intended to be harsh. Because my point was, to be able to get into the BRF and  be acceptable is HARSH. That is the reality. It isn't some Hallmark/Disney movie where political correctness is the norm nor will you be accepted if you come from a not well-to-do family.

What if Harry wants children? what if he DOESN'T want children? what if he wants a fun loving life w/ Meghan? WHO THE HECK KNOWS??? I never said anyone FORBIDS THEM to have children. I just said it's not expected of them. IMAGE  is key and more important. William and Kate are expected to have heirs, and that it's .

Was I harsh? not P.C.? mean? well guess what, that is the BRF. Where duty and image is more important than all else. AT least that is my view of things. The money, jewels, palaces and privilege all demand sacrifices.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 03:58:44 PM

Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
Mette Marit had an affair and a child out of wedlock. She got to marry a royal and is the mother of a future monarch.

If they want to get married, Meghan and Harry will marry. And not be told they can't have children because William had them for the line of succession. All the Queen's children had families.

I don't think there will be people with torches and pitchforks storming the Palace if there is an engagement announcement

I was in Oslo the summer that Mette Marit and Haakon got married. Oh the comments of people there were not happy AT ALL.  :coy: It took a while for people to like her and she still gets criticisms for her love of luxury.

NOTE, I never said never... I said TIME is key in all this. TIME, TIME TIME... would Meghan be patient. TO me, it's all a game.

And please, torches and pitchforks are so dramatic. This is NOT a Disney movie like beauty and the beast. I'm talking about ratings, popularity, likability and loyalty. It is a long and arduous process. IN a time where ordinary people are living the hard life and trying to make ends meet, the reason to have MONARCHY  is constantly debated. Brexit anyone? Opinion polls that are unexpected that can change the future of any country?

QE2 has always known that. IMO. She's been smart enough to know, from early on, that duty comes first and the people can turn on you in a second. In a time when MOST BRITS I know feel like the only good thing a MONARCHY contributes to their country is that "they are good for tourists", every move is important. What a MONARCHY wants is not just presence and lavish lifestyle, they want approval, respect and love and loyalty. Harry might act like he doesn't care what people think , but when his popularity wanes, then the real test begins.

Curryong

It is quite untrue that brides from poorer backgrounds aren't accepted into the BRF. Sophie Rhees Jones didn't come from a well to do family. Her father was a car tyre salesman, her mother a secretary. MM's father was a respected and award lighting technician, her mother a therapist and social worker Sophie made her own way in the world and was working in PR when she met Edward. Sophie had had several serious love affairs in her past.

Her parents couldn't afford to buy her jewellery or bespoke gowns either. However, she married Prince Edward, brought, it was said, a large amount of her own money into the Royal family when she wed, was accepted, had a Royal wedding at St George's and became the Queen's favourite daughter in law.

Cat00

Harry is going to marry Meghan and not her family. No problem with her parents, the brothers who are troublesome, but she has no fault and it seems she does not even have contact with them.It would be stupid to condemn a person like her, full of qualities, because of relatives :no:

sandy

Quote from: Kinkade on February 06, 2017, 03:49:28 PM
AGAIN... I never said Grace Kelly had a clean history. Please read my post. But she had a respectable family and lived in a time w/ no internet or social media. Heck, if Rainier wanted to marry Monroe, that's on his judgement. And I don't think that's a good metaphor for Harry or Meghan. :D

Yes, my comment was intended to be harsh. Because my point was, to be able to get into the BRF and  be acceptable is HARSH. That is the reality. It isn't some Hallmark/Disney movie where political correctness is the norm nor will you be accepted if you come from a not well-to-do family.

What if Harry wants children? what if he DOESN'T want children? what if he wants a fun loving life w/ Meghan? WHO THE HECK KNOWS??? I never said anyone FORBIDS THEM to have children. I just said it's not expected of them. IMAGE  is key and more important. William and Kate are expected to have heirs, and that it's .

Was I harsh? not P.C.? mean? well guess what, that is the BRF. Where duty and image is more important than all else. AT least that is my view of things. The money, jewels, palaces and privilege all demand sacrifices.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 03:58:44 PM

Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 03:45:59 PM

I was in Oslo the summer that Mette Marit and Haakon got married. Oh the comments of people there were not happy AT ALL.  :coy: It took a while for people to like her and she still gets criticisms for her love of luxury.

NOTE, I never said never... I said TIME is key in all this. TIME, TIME TIME... would Meghan be patient. TO me, it's all a game.

And please, torches and pitchforks are so dramatic. This is NOT a Disney movie like beauty and the beast. I'm talking about ratings, popularity, likability and loyalty. It is a long and arduous process. IN a time where ordinary people are living the hard life and trying to make ends meet, the reason to have MONARCHY  is constantly debated. Brexit anyone? Opinion polls that are unexpected that can change the future of any country?

QE2 has always known that. IMO. She's been smart enough to know, from early on, that duty comes first and the people can turn on you in a second. In a time when MOST BRITS I know feel like the only good thing a MONARCHY contributes to their country is that "they are good for tourists", every move is important. What a MONARCHY wants is not just presence and lavish lifestyle, they want approval, respect and love and loyalty. Harry might act like he doesn't care what people think , but when his popularity wanes, then the real test begins.

Harry said he looked forward to having children of his own. The royals would IMO look like ogres making him wait because Meghan is unpopular with some on royal boards and social media.

Yes, it was dramatic using that terminology but IMO so is the idea of the Queen telling them too bad they have to wait to get married and William already has children so Harry and Meghan "won't need them." That sounds really hard hearted to me.

Mette Marit  did join the royal family so it is a moot point.

Without social media existing, the word still got out about Grace's relationships with her co-stars.

If the Queen "forces them to wait" and Meghan can't have children because of that I think THAT would bring down the monarchy. What sort of person makes such decrees!

Given Charles own past history, I can't imagine him getting judgmental over Megan. He might like her for all we know.

The only the heir can have children is not a rule and never was one. That is why there is a line of succession. And the Queen never said well Edward and Andrew  since your brother has produced the heir and spare with his wife, no need for you to even bother.  And told Anne to wait until her brother had his heirs before she'd give Anne and her husband permission.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 06:13:45 PM

Quote from: Cat00 on February 06, 2017, 05:33:32 PM
Harry is going to marry Meghan and not her family. No problem with her parents, the brothers who are troublesome, but she has no fault and it seems she does not even have contact with them.It would be stupid to condemn a person like her, full of qualities, because of relatives :no:

Hillary Clinton had some brothers who sold pardons. They did not appear with her in public during her campaigns.  They stay out of the limelight. I never heard people say she could not be President because of what her brothers did.

Eri

They have been dating for a couple of Months at best ... some are being ridiculous ... there will be no engagement or babies any time soon ...

sandy

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 06:25:29 PM
They have been dating for a couple of Months at best ... some are being ridiculous ... there will be no engagement or babies any time soon ...

I agree not soon as in a few weeks but maybe relatively soon.

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 10:31:52 AM
Quote from: Yale on February 05, 2017, 06:52:36 AM
All some of you do here is complain about this relationship.  But what it is going to change?  If Harry wants to marry Meghan, he will do just that.  It will not matter to him who disapproves or why.  Whether it is too soon or not for an engagement or marriage, it is their decision.
Some don't understand that no one cares what Harry does ... it seems to me some people here care only to have a different "cool" Countess without caring about how she would fit within the Royal Family and how it would all work put IN REALTY ...

IMO since you are the most vocal about this relationship it is obvious you care very much what Harry does. As far as I can tell they have been conducting this relationship as discreetly as possible and it seems to be moving forward at their pace and the latest picture shows they are totally comfortable and at ease. I don't believe Meghan fitting into the RF to be a problem she does charity work, loves dogs and being outdoors things the royal have in common. I don't recall any of Harry's previous girlfriends with the possible exception of Chelsy sharing charitable commitments or being the outdoorsy type. As for the fact that she has had relationships and is divorced well that ship sailed years ago when Sarah Ferguson who had a live in relationship with Paddy McNally was allowed to marry Andrew and Camilla a divorcee was allowed to marry Charles. As it is now in all the royal houses the old rules just don't apply and the marriages seem happier.

Yale

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

They have been dating  since June.  It will be a year in June.  You quit being ridiculous!

good221

According to everyone so far it seems it's a done deal they are going to get marry, people need  to STOP living in denial, Megan already move in and the  Producer of the show said this is her last season on Suits and they are writing her  character Rachel  Out in a storyline well deserved.
They would not be saying all of this if is not a done deal. Harry made a serious official statement last year in his words ""he said it's his life and will like people to respect it and warn the troll to stop being racist to Megan.
William marry Kate despite uncle grey infamous drug bust, so the Queen  will over look all Megan flaws and accept this marriage for the sake of harry happiness, I highly doubt the Queen will wish harry to be unhappy and  marry someone for the media liking or  fan base choice.
So  weather you like it or not it's happening and the media outlets know it . All everyone is waiting on is Jason or  whatever Harry assistant name is, to announce the news
just like last year  confirmmation surprise about their relationship.
Twitter

Yale

Quote from: good221 on February 06, 2017, 10:01:22 PM
According to everyone so far it seems it's a done deal they are going to get marry, people need  to STOP living in denial, Megan already move in and the  Producer of the show said this is her last season on Suits and they are writing her  character Rachel  Out in a storyline well deserved.
They would not be saying all of this if is not a done deal. Harry made a serious official statement last year in his words ""he said it's his life and will like people to respect it and warn the troll to stop being racist to Megan.
William marry Kate despite uncle grey infamous drug bust, so the Queen  will over look all Megan flaws and accept this marriage for the sake of harry happiness, I highly doubt the Queen will wish harry to be unhappy and  marry someone for the media liking or  fan base choice.
So  weather you like it or not it's happening and the media outlets know it . All everyone is waiting on is Jason or  whatever Harry assistant name is, to announce the news
Twitter

I hadn't heard she was leaving "Suits".  Last I read  late last year that producer said that no one was being written out at the moment.  Where did you read that she was leaving or that this is her last season?

It fits if true and she has been in London since December 30 aside from her trip and their vacation.

sandy

I think she will quit the show if she and Harry get engaged.

Yale

Quote from: sandy on February 07, 2017, 01:09:58 AM
I think she will quit the show if she and Harry get engaged.

Sandy, if the producer of "Suits" has said that she is leaving after this next season, that "Rachael Zane will be written out then of course she IS quitting. What I want to know when he said that. Meghan obviously decided to leave recently then and that might be a sign of something.

Lady Deb

All that I have read, so far, is that the producer of the show says that they are still currently writing episodes for season 7. I think that Season 7 doesn't actually start filming until April.   
The promotional interviews that some of the cast are presently doing is for the second half of season 6 that finished filming last November.

Curryong

I don't think Meghan's character, Rachel, appears in every episode so IMO it would be quite easy to write her out if necessary-- Rachel's new life, new job in another city, a new love, -- and bob's your uncle. We don't know to what level of seriousness Meghan's romance with Harry has reached. If they are at the stage of talking seriously about marriage and the Queen and Prince Charles are agreeable then Meghan could well decide to leave Suits and Toronto behind, send for her dogs (who will be in quarantine for a long time before being allowed to enter Britain) and settle down at Nott Cott until and beyond the engagement announcement.

good221

one of the  entertainment news outlet  interview the creator Aaron Korsh about the future of suits.
He discuss some of the new features coming up for season six and he said on 7 they will be character shake up and he also  mention that Gina Torres the actress that play Jessica is not the only character will not be returning to suit but another character leave mid season 7!
That is when the report say is  Rachel Megan character leaving, he reply that Rachel and Mike will be affect by the mid season shake up
That will change their dynamic story!
To me all that sound like Megan character will be leaving Mike
Again and  put their marriage life on hold over something that happen.
This way they could write her character off to London to Work on the company law firm if you watch suits you will know they have a law firm in London, this way it fit Megan real life story.  Even her co-star Patrick Adams said On his Last interview confirmed everything and
Agree Harry and Megan should be given time to deal with their relationship their way. I don't know how many more information to get you all to see it a done deal.
Her dog in Canada will not have any issue to move right in this summer with their  new parents.

royalanthropologist

I have a terrible feeling that there is too much pressure being put on Harry based on the "inevitability of marriage". The lad is merely dating. If all of us were expected to take our dates down the aisle then we might be on our 20th marriage at the very least :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

People always do this with Harry and his longterm loves, though I do admit to having a feeling about Harry and Meghan, especially as he's now 32 and has been looking for a wife for a long time. Unlike many online I liked Cressida B as well. I think many people seem to have a sort of protective feeling towards Harry, an echo I suppose, of remembering that little boy following his mother's coffin with her wreath from him on top.

And everybody likes a wedding, especially the media. Some of the tabloid journalists are probably slavering at the moment about potential stories of wedding gowns and venues and guests (will Chelsy be there?) and then Meghan at Royal duties and all the comparing with Kate they can do afterwards a la Fergie and Diana.

Eri

Quote from: good221 on February 06, 2017, 10:01:22 PM
Twitter
If he marries a woman he has  dated for a couple of Months and has a history of divorcing within a Year I will be here enjoying the circus ... that mess will make the Yorks look like a child's play and I can't wait ... I say bring it on ... some are really mistaken if they think anyone is feeling "protective" towards a 32 years old who seems to have a self  destructive bottom he uses very often ... his funeral ...

Curryong

^ It is February now. Harry's statement via KP was issued in October. In it he stated that he and Meghan had been dating for a matter of months. Even if the 'matter of months' was only two, August to February is not two months in duration. (He and Meghan were seen together at Soho House last June, in fact, which makes the dating period even longer.)

Meghan's marriage lasted two years not one, and they had been together for many years before that. A bit like Queen Letizia of Spain's first marriage, actually, together for nine years, married for one. You predict a disaster for Meghan and Harry's marriage because she's divorced, but in fact Letizia's second marriage has lasted for over twelve years and is still going strong.

Eri

^ You forget the husband she left for Harry ... she seems to love getting very serious very fast but doesn't seem to know how to make the relationship last ... anyways ... it seems she wants to spend as much time as possible with Harry now days let's see if the relationship survives that test ... let's see if it will ... I have my doubts the man child will have his eyes on the next 20 something years old by April ...

Curryong

Corey the chef wasn't Meghan's husband. He was the live-in boyfriend. She wasn't his wife, was single, and we don't know why they split up. Nothing but a lot of unsubstantiated rumours.

Yale

Quote from: Curryong on February 07, 2017, 02:21:47 PM
Corey the chef wasn't Meghan's husband. He was the live-in boyfriend. She wasn't his wife, was single, and we don't know why they split up. Nothing but a lot of unsubstantiated rumours.

And it doesn't matter!! It's the past! This kind of stuff we'll never know and we don't have any business knowing.  Meghan is with Harry now!! How is bringing any of this up going to change anything?

Moving on.....

If they marry, do you all think they'll buy a home in the US?