The Iffy-Wiff Club: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and other charities, news, a

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

Quote from: wannable on May 25, 2023, 03:51:11 PM
Travalyst moves into its next phase of growth - Travalyst

IF you can go through the new announcement word salad, congratulations.

Hi Wannable, Travalyst sounds interesting. Is this something Harry is involved with?

wannable

Care to explain what is interesting? I'm asking because I honestly do not understand the word salad announcement. For what it's worth, what has travalyst done?

9 partners that are for profit, partnering with a non profit, sounds iffy wiff.  :teehee:

Blue Clover

Quote from: wannable on May 25, 2023, 04:57:01 PM
9 partners that are for profit, partnering with a non profit, sounds iffy wiff.  :teehee:

:lol:  :laugh10:  Well done!

wannable

New business blow for Harry and Meghan as US officials REFUSE to grant their Archetypes trademark - barely a week after $20million Spotify deal was ditched
The US Patent and Trademark office refused 'Archetypes' trademark application
It said there was a 'likelihood of confusion' with an existing Arizonian company 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had a trademark application for their podcast name rejected, records show.

The couple had their application for exclusive rights to 'Archetypes' - the name chosen by Meghan for their podcast - refused by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office because of the 'likelihood of confusion' with an existing brand.

But it was refused due to an existing trademark by Arizonian firm Archetypes LLC, which sought exclusive use in 2015 for a series of books and articles about ''nutrition, fitness, sexuality, psychological self-improvement'' and more.

The couple's lawyer, Marjorie Witter Norman, of Los Angeles firm Willkie, Farr & Gallagher, has applied for another three months in which to finesse the Archetypes application.

By RICHARD EDEN and ALEXANDER BUTLER
PUBLISHED: 22:49 BST, 21 June 2023 | UPDATED: 11:29 BST, 22 June 2023
DAILY MAIL

^ The Arizonian company has a website and social media accounts since 2015

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

This is an eviscerating read...

Quote Tweet
The Wall Street Journal
@WSJ

Prince Harry and Meghan's Hollywood dreams face a rude awakening. Their Spotify deal is over, and Netflix is unlikely to renew. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Produce a Hollywood Flop: Themselves - WSJ

TLLK

The Wall Street Journal's article linked below included discussions with former Archewell staff as well as those from Spotify and Netflix.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Produce a Hollywood Flop: Themselves - WSJ

Harry and Meghan Produce a Hollywood Flop: Themselves
They arrived three years ago with royal star power amid a streaming boom, but have notched more cancellations and rejections than produced shows

Kristeh-H

Wow, that article is not at all flattering to the Sussexes, and what might be most damaging is that it comes from people who have worked with them.  It seems to confirm what a lot of us have thought for a long time--that the Sussexes don't seem to have much appeal beyond their connections to royalty.  They sound very disorganized; throwing out ideas but not wanting / not able to settle down to the practicalities and hard work of bringing ideas to fruition.  They also sound incapable of long-term planning and thinking through consequences, which was noticeable when they tried to force the HIHO deal by putting up the Sussex Royal website.   

It's not a good sign that people in their new 'Hollywood' world are being so critical.  I hope they have invested their money wisely because they may have trouble securing more high-dollar deals.  Of course the money they have should be enough for them to live comfortable for the rest of their lives, except that they want to live the lifestyle of billionaires and even huge amounts of money can go quickly in that case.  Although I personally do not care for Harry and Meghan, I do hope they can find a successful path-that does not involve trashing the BRF.  We will see what WME can do, I guess.         

Curryong

Produced a Hollywood Flop? Themselves? Their Netflix documentary was not a flop. In fact Netflix excitedly proclaimed that it was their most watched doco ever! Spare certainly was no flop. It led the best selling lists for months and sold in Britain, the US, Europe and in fact all over the world.

Simmons putting the boot in when someone is down doesn?t impress me in the slightest. In fact it confirms to me that he is a very nasty piece of work. And nothing he could suggest to anyone could be described as ?noble? in any way. He wouldn?t know the meaning of the word.

As for the Sussexes and those people rejoicing at seeing two human beings knocked to the dust, the only way from now on is to regroup and just go forward. On and up!

TLLK

Quote from: Kristeh-H on June 24, 2023, 07:43:37 PM
Wow, that article is not at all flattering to the Sussexes, and what might be most damaging is that it comes from people who have worked with them.  It seems to confirm what a lot of us have thought for a long time--that the Sussexes don't seem to have much appeal beyond their connections to royalty.  They sound very disorganized; throwing out ideas but not wanting / not able to settle down to the practicalities and hard work of bringing ideas to fruition.  They also sound incapable of long-term planning and thinking through consequences, which was noticeable when they tried to force the HIHO deal by putting up the Sussex Royal website.   

It's not a good sign that people in their new 'Hollywood' world are being so critical.  I hope they have invested their money wisely because they may have trouble securing more high-dollar deals.  Of course the money they have should be enough for them to live comfortable for the rest of their lives, except that they want to live the lifestyle of billionaires and even huge amounts of money can go quickly in that case.  Although I personally do not care for Harry and Meghan, I do hope they can find a successful path-that does not involve trashing the BRF.  We will see what WME can do, I guess.         

@Kristeh-H - I too share concerns that have been raised by those that worked with the Sussexes in the UK when they were working royals and those voiced by people who worked with them on their media projects in the U.S. too. The line that noting that they have "big ideas but subpar performance" is concerning as they were banking on these types of projects to help provide income. IMHO the only  projects that have been truly successful ie: "Harry and Meghan" are related to their ties to the British Monarchy and unfortunately slagging Prince Harry's family. Their other projects with Netflix and Spotify don't seem to have the same viewership/listeners when they are related to other topics.

I'm hoping that they can turn this around and not have to rely upon their former lives as working royals and Harry's family to provide content.

wannable

From the top executive team, Simmons who has two 'functions' within the company is the Karma Man.  1 Boot vs 100 plus boots that Harry and Meghan inflicted!

Sooner or later, that karma was to happen, I said many months ago, since last year all industries are suffering a downturn, pandemic economy, the poorest performers in every company was going to fired.

Good luck to Ari finding them jobs, IMHO he will very likely find strata 3 product, brand and media placements, but I highly doubt strata 6. They are damaged.  They will have to work hard for whatever he finds for them. OR take the Ari - Middle Eastern promos, which has been his focus the last 3 years, successful. West was too strictly pandemic coded for Ari to work and make moneys.

^ I think RIF members have all wished them well with different degrees, I think we here comprehend that if the couple are in trouble, his family automatically are also in trouble, they will end up picking up the pieces, which nobody wants to happen.

wannable

To be fair (with Taylor Swift) many years ago 'party at the palace gala 2013, the letter Prince William wrote emphasized that 100% was going directly to Centrepoint.

I think if M had written that all proceeds from a Archetype episode with her would go to charity, seconded with a guarantee, which actually helps to preserve a friendship would have helped.

I say this because Taylor has done 'collabs' in her career with another person ONLY if there is a charity involved or She is the one who invited i.e. another singer for 1 song only.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2023, 11:56:14 PM
To be fair (with Taylor Swift) many years ago 'party at the palace gala 2013, the letter Prince William wrote emphasized that 100% was going directly to Centrepoint.

I think if M had written that all proceeds from a Archetype episode with her would go to charity, seconded with a guarantee, which actually helps to preserve a friendship would have helped.

I say this because Taylor has done 'collabs' in her career with another person ONLY if there is a charity involved or She is the one who invited i.e. another singer for 1 song only.

Yes

wannable

^ She actually started her foundation year 2013 after doing the gala gig with Prince William, since then she has done huge donations yearly.  I would love to think they keep in touch, my thoughts have a reasoning, she just this past week donated from her ERAS Tour to Las Vegas foodbank. W&K donated all the stolen from a similar church foodbank 2.5 weeks ago.

Anyway I really like Taylor Swift music.  :blowkiss:

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 24, 2023, 08:58:15 PM
Produced a Hollywood Flop? Themselves? Their Netflix documentary was not a flop. In fact Netflix excitedly proclaimed that it was their most watched doco ever! Spare certainly was no flop. It led the best selling lists for months and sold in Britain, the US, Europe and in fact all over the world.

Simmons putting the boot in when someone is down doesn?t impress me in the slightest. In fact it confirms to me that he is a very nasty piece of work. And nothing he could suggest to anyone could be described as ?noble? in any way. He wouldn?t know the meaning of the word.

As for the Sussexes and those people rejoicing at seeing two human beings knocked to the dust, the only way from now on is to regroup and just go forward. On and up!

I don't believe that the Sussexes have been "knocked to the dust" though they've definitely stumbled now and then primarily due to their own behavior especially in 2022 and 2023.  This is time for them to seriously consider where they are currently at and how they're going modify their own actions and words in order to improve their situation if they are going to have any chance at a successful regrouping.

While I don't care for Simmons' choice of words when describing his interaction with Prince Harry during their podcast discussions, his comments are basically repeating what others have previously stated about working with the couple in the UK and the U.S. The WSJ also shares as similar sentiment from Netflix, Spotify and former Archewell employees who are sharing their personal experiences when it came to the Sussexes' actions and attitudes during that time period.

Yes let's hope that on the path to "onward and upward" that there's been some serious reflection on their part and hopefully, one or both of them is going to choose to listen to experienced professionals and modify their behavior.

wannable

I believe the couple are putting their full focus on the remaining GBP 40 Million with Netflix with a project film 'Great Expectations', woke version. So far, all reports indicate that project has not been cancelled.

According to Lady C, Meghan still needs reigning in by WME, Ari.  Lady C's sources said the talent agency had nothing to do with Meghan putting out 'feels' stunt with Dior or Cartier. Allegedly Ari gave her an earful. Not a good start of a relationship, allegedly he is not happy with it. For what it's worth the possibility of a Dior contract 'was' for Harry, but the feel stunt placed out there in the media tied to spotify news ruined H chances. This news is also confirmed by latest Telegraph article, who consulted independently and Neil Sean.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on June 24, 2023, 08:58:15 PM

Proving that their successful projects are the revenge, tattle-tale ones, where they trash (and lie about) Harry's family for money.  And while the book and docu-series were very successful monetarily, they didn't help the Sussexes' reputation.  Can they do anything of value that is not connected to trashing the BRF?

And now there are people in the US who are are making very similar criticisms as people in the UK.  These are people who know the Sussexes, who have worked for and with them when they were working royals and now in California.  Maybe there is some truth to the things these people say.       

wannable

Imagine asking Top Execs as an employee to sign up NDA's. 

The couple archewell audio, archewell productions couldn't do it by themselves, they 'had' to accept combo teams with teams belonging to Spotify and Netflix. These two companies gave the green light to speak to media outlets that are considered in the United States as The Bible of Business; WSJ, Bloomberg.

Samples:
Spotify Hires Producers To Help Prince Harry And Meghan ...
Forbes
https://www.forbes.com ? joshwilson ? 2022/01/26 ? s...
Jan 26, 2022

^ A couple of months later, Netflix followed.

TLLK

Several bickering posts and their responses have been removed. Personal attacks on other posters will not be tolerated.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Kristeh-H on June 24, 2023, 07:43:37 PM

Hi Kristeh H,
Welcome to RIF. I :welcome:  agree that the Sussex couple may not have much appeal as individuals. Their one selling point is that they have royal connections. They probably have plenty of money to live in LA, which they can do relatively well, and perhaps that's what they should do and raise their children quietly.

Kristeh-H

Thanks, Blue Clover!  I don't think Meghan wants to live a quiet lifestyle at all.  I think her dream has always been to live as an A-list celebrity / global philanthropist, except not doing the nitty-gritty work of philanthropy just having photo-ops and receiving awards.

I don't know what Harry wants.  I don't know if Harry himself knows what he wants.   

TLLK

I do believe that the company would make this type of statement as "Heart of Invictus" is set to be aired in August 2023 and that the couple's contract is intact until 2025. After that, I don't know if they'll choose to renew or end their relationship with the Sussexes.

Netflix Says It?ll Work With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle ?On A Number Of Projects? Amid Deal Review Reports | ETCanada.com

QuoteAfter reports of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle facing pressure from Netflix made headlines, a spokesperson the streaming service refuted the claims saying they will ?continue to work together on a number of projects?

?We value our partnership with Archewell Productions. ?Harry & Meghan? was Netflix?s biggest documentary debut ever, and we?ll continue to work together on a number of projects, including the upcoming documentary series ?Heart of Invictus?,? a Netflix spokesperson told ET in a statement.

The couple ? who stepped back as senior members of the royal family in March 2020 before moving to California ? signed a huge deal with the streaming service, thought to be for around US$100 million, a couple of years ago.

Despite their ?Harry & Meghan? docuseries that was released at the end of 2022 breaking records around the world, it was earlier reported thatNetflix have told them to come up with more or else they risk not being paid the rest of their money.