Late Diana,Princess of Wales?s father serving in D-Day

Started by sara8150, September 04, 2019, 04:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

https://www.today.com/news/charles-spencer-princess-diana-s-brother-travels-normandy-uncover-father-t161710
Late 8th Earl Charles Spencer serves in D-Day in Normandy,Germany during his World War II

But Diana?s brother travels to Normandy,Germany meet survivor people who remind late 8th Charles Spencer..

TLLK

What a wonderful story and I'm so pleased for the Spencers that they were able to discover this part of their father's past. Not at all surprised that he chose not to share much about his WWII service as was typical for most Allied/Axis veterans but I'm happy that they were able to find the French family connection too.

Curryong

I bet Charles Spencer was very surprised and touched by what he found out about his father's war experiences. And yes, it was typical not to talk a lot about the war.

Another heir to a great estate, (the Dukes of Devonshire) the Marquis of Hartington was killed in Normandy. He was newly married to Kathleen Kennedy, JFK's sister.

oak_and_cedar

I saw the clip, and my goodness. Diana has John Spencers mannerisms.

amabel

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on September 07, 2019, 11:57:50 AM
Her father's?

Oui. Look at the clip. In the beginning when earl Spencer speaks. The way he expresses himself or rather his reaction or whatever you want to call it is reminescent of Diana...