The Education and preparation of the Wales Children

Started by TLLK, March 24, 2017, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

More than likely he'd use both as schools would require his parents to list his legal names.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on August 19, 2018, 03:01:01 AM
More than likely he'd use both as schools would require his parents to list his legal names.
Im sure that he will get by with George Cambridge. I am also sure that they know his other names...

TLLK

Yes I agree that he'd be called George Cambridge by classmates and teachers/staff, but for all forms: Enrollment, health etc..schools would need his full name just like any other student.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on August 19, 2018, 05:34:10 PM
Yes I agree that he'd be called George Cambridge by classmates and teachers/staff, but for all forms: Enrollment, health etc..schools would need his full name just like any other student.
I dont know if they are so formal nowadays... i dont think I'eve ever given my full name to any emplooyers....

TLLK

^^^Typically with school enrollment and health forms you do have include all of a student's names but often there is a space for a nickname or the name used by the parents.

ie: When Rachel Meghan Markle would have been first enrolled, her parents would have had to have written out her full legal name, but they would have indicated what they called her at home-Meghan.

TLLK

Prince George's new school year: ballet, choir and more homework

QuoteIn his reception year, George dabbled in French, Computing, Art, Music, Drama and Ballet, but the new year will introduce new subjects such as Science, History, Geography. The children will also be taught Maths, English and PE. He will even be given more homework each night - there will be ten minutes of reading set for every evening. Whilst at reception, George will have moved through a variety of handwriting stages - which included drawing, writing scribbles and random letters - he will now be expected to learn how to do joined-up writing. The school curriculum also states that Year One pupils will also be taught the days of the week, months of the year, numbers to twenty, common colour words, their names and addresses as well as the name and address of the school.
[/b]

LouisFerdinand

Curryong

That's quite a range of subjects in a full and long school day for a little chap of five years. And some homework as well, hopefully some fun stuff like modelling a volcano or something. I'm sure he'll enjoy it all, and practising his writing skills. Very important for a future King!

amabel

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on August 23, 2018, 12:45:11 AM

Finally! Prince George will now be required to recite all his middle names!
Why does this matter?  Anyone who is interested knows what his middle names are

Curryong

Anyway, under what circumstances would George have to 'recite his middle names'? His teachers and the headmistress know who he is, his fellow pupils know that he is Prince George, though he is known as George Cambridge when at school.

It's not necessary for a full name to be recited for the daily register, so when would it ever come up? I doubt that his father or uncle have had to go through that rigmarole at their nursery, prep school or at Eton, so why would five year old George?

TLLK

@LouisFerdinand -Speaking as an educator who has worked with Prince George's age group, I really doubt that he or any other student would have to recite their middle names in class. Typically the standard would be that they can tell someone their first and last names. Which surprisingly some children do not know at that age because simply someone has never told them their last name.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on August 23, 2018, 02:36:25 PM
@LouisFerdinand -Speaking as an educator who has worked with Prince George's age group, I really doubt that he or any other student would have to recite their middle names in class. Typically the standard would be that they can tell someone their first and last names. Which surprisingly some children do not know at that age because simply someone has never told them their last name.
and George has more than one surname... He can be Mountbatten Windsor, or Cambridge...

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: amabel on August 23, 2018, 06:35:16 PM
and George has more than one surname... He can be Mountbatten Windsor, or Cambridge...
Thus in class Prince George would be referred to and say that he is George Cambridge. Is that correct?

TLLK

Yes, just like his classmates he'd use his first name and his "last name" of Cambridge.

Curryong

No wonder this school's fees are high. The lunch menu features items that  wouldn't disgrace a first class London restaurant.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on August 24, 2018, 01:48:18 AM
Yes, just like his classmates he'd use his first name and his "last name" of Cambridge.
If he really understands it all at this stage.

TLLK

Most kids George's age  understand that they have a first and last name especially after a year of preschool.  :) @amabel

sara8150

Prince George starts school this week - see his surprising schedule

Why we won't have any official pictures from Prince George's first day at school
I don?t think will release the pictures out of respect for Kate wanted and no cover magazine every year but remains kept privately backstage

QuoteRoyal watchers may be disappointed to hear that it's unlikely Kensington Palace will release any official portraits of Prince George starting school this year. George, five, goes back to school on Thursday, and while his first day of Reception was captured by photographers last year, press have not been invited to cover this week's event. HELLO!'s royal correspondent Emily Nash explains: "Prince George's time at school is private and although the Duke and Duchess shared an image from his first day at primary school last year, they won't do it every year."

Just like his time at nursery in Norfolk, William and Kate chose to release a set of portraits of George attending his first day at Westacre Montessori in January 2016, but didn't release any official photos in subsequent years. Royal tradition seems to dictate that children are pictured on their very first day of school, but aren't photographed in following years. There are only a handful of photos of Prince William and Prince Harry from their school days.

But royal watchers need not despair. The next time George and Charlotte are expected to be seen in an official capacity is next month on Friday 12 October, when they attend Princess Eugenie's wedding in Windsor. Although not confirmed, there is speculation that George and three-year-old Princess Charlotte will act as a pageboy and bridesmaid, just like they did for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's big day in May. Their baby sibling Prince Louis is too young to take part but it's likely he will be nearby on the day with his mum Kate.

George is a pupil at Thomas's Battersea and on Thursday he will be starting Year One. His first day back may be a little scary ? meeting a new teacher and settling into a new classroom, but some things will remain the same, such as his school uniform, his classmates and his friends. In Reception, George dabbled with French, Computing, Art, Music, Drama and Ballet, but the new year will introduce additional subjects such as Science, History, Geography, Maths, English and PE. The Prince will also be given more homework each night ? ten minutes of reading.

Whilst at reception, George will have moved through a variety of handwriting stages, which included drawing, writing scribbles and random letters, he will now be expected to learn how to do joined-up writing. The school curriculum also states that Year One pupils will be taught the days of the week, months of the year, numbers to twenty, common colour words, their names and addresses as well as the name and address of the school.

TLLK

^^^Considering that it is also the first day of school the rest of St. Thomas Battersea's students, it's likely that the other parents would prefer to not have to deal with the press while they're taking their student(s) to school.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on September 03, 2018, 04:17:36 PM
^^^Considering that it is also the first day of school the rest of St. Thomas Battersea's students, it's likely that the other parents would prefer to not have to deal with the press while they're taking their student(s) to school.

I?m agreed with you,@TLLK

sara8150

Will William and Kate shun Eton for Prince George? | Daily Mail Online
I?m really wanted George go Eton College like his dad and uncle the Duke of Sussex and also Princess Diana?s father and brother also but Kate is definitely out of options for Eton college it?s tradition for William and Harry in family follow spencer but Kate wanted George,Charlotte and Louis follow Kate?s old school i respect that

QuoteKate and her siblings, Pippa and James Middleton, were Marlborough boarders and adored their time there.

QuoteIn 2008, Eugenie was reprimanded after being caught frolicking naked in Marlborough?s grounds at the end of term.

Curryong

There's years to go yet before those decisions about boarding etc have to be made. George appears to be a quiet shy child in public . He might not like the idea of boarding school. William quite liked Eton but when George and then Charlotte do board, (if they do) I do think it's more likely to be at Marlborough because it's co-ed and Kate and Pippa enjoyed their time there. So did Eugenie, who seems more outgoing than Beatrice. It's a good school with a history so I can't see any problems.

TLLK

I agree @Curryong. George, Charlotte and obviously Louis are a bit young to be making firm decisions on their secondary school selections at this point in time. However I do believe that the Cambridges might opt to wait until their children are older before sending them away to boarding school. William and Harry along with many of their peers were off to Ludgrove and other boarding schools at a rather young age IMO. However, the Cambridges might opt to follow the Wessexes decision to keep their children at a day school until they're teens. I wouldn't be surprised though if they consider a co-ed institution like Marlborough.