The Butler's Revenge

Started by ~Sophia~, December 08, 2004, 03:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Sophia~

Windsor

I hope he has to eat something disgusting

Gems

He did, i must say i have new respect for him.

Windsor

Has hr done anything disgusting :o  

Gems

Windsor

Quotehe was forced to eat a kangaroo's testicle as part of his final I'm a Celebrity Bushtucker Trial.

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

Gems

And he did what he was asked to aswell.

Windsor

Well he is used to do what is told :D  

Gems

So am i but if someone offerd me a choice of mash potato or testicles i would eat the potato!

Windsor

Gems

Can't speak for anyone else though B)  

Windsor

You never know. :rolleyes:  

Gems

Windsor

Wombat

It really surprises me when you see headlines from that show "I'm a celebrity..get me out of here"  saying that it's in the "Australian Jungle"...There's no such place in Australia...it's called a rainforest! Say it with me "RAINFOREST" It's a small thing but it really gets up my nose.  :angry:

I've calmed down now....we're not all Crocodile Hunters here! :D

Have any of you read Burrell's book on Di?  If so, what did you think of it?  If not, is there any reason why you wouldn't read it? :unsure:  

Windsor

QuoteSay it with me "RAINFOREST"
:D "RAINFOREST" :D  

Gems

QuoteIt really surprises me when you see headlines from that show "I'm a celebrity..get me out of here"  saying that it's in the "Australian Jungle"...There's no such place in Australia...it's called a rainforest! Say it with me "RAINFOREST" It's a small thing but it really gets up my nose.  :angry:

I've calmed down now....we're not all Crocodile Hunters here! :D

Have any of you read Burrell's book on Di?  If so, what did you think of it?  If not, is there any reason why you wouldn't read it? :unsure:
I didnt read it cos i thought it was a betrayle, but i might read it now i kinda admire him for all that he went through (though this isno excuse). If i do read it Ill let you know.

Wombat

QuoteIf i do read it Ill let you know.

I have read it and it's quite different to what I expected.  He's very gracious and respectful about the Queen.  As you read it you can tell where he's trying to make himself out to be all important.  But most of it is actually quite believable.  I like the bits where he described the Royal Family's way of life such as: how their table is set, what the Queen does daily, how they celebrate different events behind closed doors, events that occured generally, how they (RF) relate to each other etc :rolleyes:  

Twinksta

He shouldn't have written that book.  :angry:  :angry:   The whole trial thing was not the fault of the RF but was a complaint by the Spencer family.   :angry:  :angry:   Lucky HM has such a good memory.  ;)  ;)  

We should respect what little privacy the RF do have.  They are on display so much.  My Uncle (grandfather's brother) worked at Buckingham palace and he never told any of us anything, ever about what the RF did.  

Paul Burrell is a sneak and a prat.   He will never get a job as a butler or PA again because he can't be trusted.  So much for being a 'rock'.   :angry:

He has grandiose ideas of himself and thinks that he will break into showbusiness.    :blink:  :blink:  

Wombat

I agree Twinksta...he does think far too much of himself.  Did you read the book?

Twinksta

I've got it on hold at the public library behind about 50 other people.   :lol:  

I wouldn't buy it.  I'm too loyal to give money to a snitch.  :P  :P  

But I did stand at the bookshop trying to read a bit and got filthy looks from the shopkeeper.   :lol:  :lol:  Didn't get too much information, but I do remember something like Princess Diana saying that Harry would be a better king than William.  She and Burrell called him GKH (Good King Harry) behind his back.  I thought that was cute.   :)  :)  

Wombat

I can't rememeber that bit...I'll have to read it again..... :D  

Twinksta

Maybe if you post the interesting snippets, then I won't have to read it.    :P  :P  

It could save a long wait - I am low in the queue and these public library patrons seem to be very slow readers.  :rolleyes:  

Burrell might be a more decent fellow than he's credited with...but he should remember that despite any friendly association he may have had with Diana, who was known for her informal and friendly ways, he was still a paid employee, and so it was a bad thing to do to write his book.  

I understand that he suffered unjustly and he felt abandoned by the RF but if he had kept his mouth shut and been more patient then he would probably have heard from them after the fuss had died down a bit.  After all the RF couldn't communicate with him whilst he was under charges - it's not appropriate.  Or straight after the charges had been dropped because it was HM's evidence that discontinued it.    

It's a shame because he was another person for the Princes to talk about their mother with, who really knew her well, and now that will probably never happen.   :(  :(    

I actually think the Spencer family have some responsibility for mishandling a lot of things since Diana's death.    

Wombat

I'm going to read it again this weekend and I'll post snippets..what would you prefer....the dirt on the royals (if yes, which royal) or stupid things Burrell says? :blink:  

Twinksta

When you put it like that I wouldn't know where to start.  ;)  ;)  

What did you think was the funniest thing?