PETA protest against Mary

Started by Berlin, August 31, 2008, 12:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berlin

More bad news.  :unsure:  Time for Mary to go home and cool it for a while.  Maybe next time she goes to Australia she'll have a truly private holiday instead of courting publicity.

Nude protest group PETA targets Princess Mary over fur
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24268239-5001021,00.html?from=public_rss

QueenK

I've come to the conclusion that PETA hates royals :lol:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anyasha

PETA hates everyone.

Quote"Isabella will have grown out of the coat in a few months, but those animals will still be dead,'' Mr Baker said.

I have to agree with that.

Berlin

PETA hates human beings!  I don't care about PETA protesting, but I think it was bad judgment of Mary to have her child wear something so expensive and so needless.  I think she was showing off a bit.  Perhaps all this will provide constructive criticism and Mary will learn from her mistakes. 

QueenK

I really dont see a problem with giving a royal baby a fur coat. I'm not big on fur myself but royals aren't known to be frugal so what do you expect?

Lila the Flirt

Hmm.. if you have got to wear fur, wear it when you're older and can wear it for decades, not buy a toddler a fur vest she can only wear for a few months. Now that would be a waste of money!

PS. Isabella isn't turning out to be quite pretty, yes?

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

QueenK

Well people like me who will have less than $300 in my bank account by the end of the month are more concerned about stretching dollars :( But people like Mary don't see the world in that way, plus that fur vest could've been free/swag. When you have millions or even billions at your disposal and their type of connections you are less likely to think that way.

Berlin

I'm in a tight place myself QueenK so I know what you're going through.  Hang in there. :)

But the problem with the Danish royals is that they depend on the taxpayers' money.  It's not like they have personal funds at their disposal like the Prince of Wales has with his Duchy of Cornwall, or the Dutch RF have from oil revenues. 

Jenee

The Australian

QuotePRINCESS Mary's daughter Isabella is only 16 months old, but one of her outfits has triggered controversy.

In Hobart last week, Mary dressed her youngest child in a cute, multi-coloured vest that, it turns out, was made of fur.

The $800 designer mink garment has sparked a furore among animal welfare groups.

There is really no reason for anyone to wear fur, IMO :(
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: QueenK on August 31, 2008, 03:13:36 PM
But people like Mary don't see the world in that way, plus that fur vest could've been free/swag.

She bought it. Plus, Mary seeing the world "that way" has only been in recent years. She didn't grow up seeing the world "that way." :mellow:

QuoteCopenhagen fashion house Heart Made confirmed it sold the mink vest to Mary.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Kuei Fei

Quote from: Berlin on August 31, 2008, 04:13:32 AM
PETA hates human beings!  I don't care about PETA protesting, but I think it was bad judgment of Mary to have her child wear something so expensive and so needless.  I think she was showing off a bit.  Perhaps all this will provide constructive criticism and Mary will learn from her mistakes. 

I hate PETA and their self righteous yammering about fur and meat. As for Mary, she should know better than to spend so much or accept such an extravagant gift. Personally I think it would be better if Mary had purchased a mink coat and sent PETA a card with her wearing it and giving them the finger.