Main Menu

Question??

Started by LisaG, December 02, 2003, 06:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaG

Don't know if this is possible, but coming from the world's worst speller, is there a way to get spell check here?

kitkat

I don't think so. When I have trouble with something I go type it in MicroWord. With long posts I always type it in Word anyway (then cut and paste it in here), because sometimes something weird happens with this board and it moves me around to previous pages and occasionally deletes what I have written. Has this ever happend to anyone else?

LisaG

QuoteI don't think so. When I have trouble with something I go type it in MicroWord. With long posts I always type it in Word anyway (then cut and paste it in here), because sometimes something weird happens with this board and it moves me around to previous pages and occasionally deletes what I have written. Has this ever happend to anyone else?
I've had it happen once. It's such a hassle to type it in word than paste it. I just want spell check. I hate to make mistakes with spelling. Damn Florida schools. Well, I keep blaming them but I've never been good at it.  

pixie

In order for there to be a spell check I'm pretty sure we'd have to use entirely different board software, and that would mean losing everything we've got here.  I don't think it's to practical.  However, if Mediastar eventually decides the board should move, we could suggest going someplace where we can get spellcheck.

I think my spelling's pretty decent so I generally don't worry about it.  I don't have problems reading what you write and I don't know anyone who does, so don't fret.  If your uncomfortable about a word or a whole post, copy/past into Word and do a spell check.

I've never had problems with the board deleting what I've written or randomly moving me around.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

LisaG

QuoteIn order for there to be a spell check I'm pretty sure we'd have to use entirely different board software, and that would mean losing everything we've got here.  I don't think it's to practical.  However, if Mediastar eventually decides the board should move, we could suggest going someplace where we can get spellcheck.

I think my spelling's pretty decent so I generally don't worry about it.  I don't have problems reading what you write and I don't know anyone who does, so don't fret.  If your uncomfortable about a word or a whole post, copy/past into Word and do a spell check.

I've never had problems with the board deleting what I've written or randomly moving me around.
Oh, well, just a thought.  

mediastar

QuoteDon't know if this is possible, but coming from the world's worst speller, is there a way to get spell check here?
We moved to this board earlier on this year. At the time the software on this board offered better features than the old board.

Previously I have made some additions to the software on the board here. In the past I have tested any changes that I was contemplating using a test board. Some of these updates have been so scary that I have decided not to update the software again unless there is a serious security problem.

At some point in the future it may be worthwhile shifting the royal forum again onto completely new software - if there is a board with better features. However, I don't think that this is likely for at least a year or so.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)